Negative Aspects of the Sun?

northsea

Sometimes shedding too much light can be unsettling.

LemonFix

we all need vitamin d

too much sun gives sunburn and can blind - as already noted earlier. Don't forget though that if you don't have the sun in your life rickets is a possibility - i.e. take time to celebrate and pat yourself and others on the back when success does come around, otherwise continuing to move forward may become difficult. Also, certainly on the RW deck, the wall can represent problems - though it's not high and should easily be cleared.

balenciaga

It is believed that the sun is such a positive card, that it can only brighten even the most negative spread. So I would say you have nothing opposing you. The coast is clear:)

Dragon-Capricorn

I love the idea of self-centeredness with this card!!!

Chronata

I remember hanging out at one of the Chicago Tarot Shindigs, where April, our always clever hostess, had us all create Sun cards.

It happened to be one of those horribly Oppressive Extremely Hot Summer days.

And many of our cards reflected that.

So Oppressiveness, or that... so-overwhelming-that-you-can't-breathe... meaning became associated with the negative aspects of the Sun card for me after that particular occasion.

ana luisa

What makes your life possible may also take it away.

Also, for some reason, I associate the sun with the Heart Chakra. So, you may be having excess energy there, not flowing as it should.

Sulis

The Sun in a negative position may also mean that you're being unrealistic, seeing things through rose tinted glasses or you're putting too sunny a slant on something and not seeing the pitfalls or negatives.

Baroli

Sunburn :bugeyed:

Think about it.​

xhollysue

I don't know what deck you're using, but the RW deck shows a naked child riding a horse. So I see the Sun card with a lot of vulnerability, which can definitely be seen as a warning in the card.

Also, horses classically indicate power and forward movement, so if a person is in a situation where the advice is the Hanged Man, for example, but their opposition is the Sun, the may be yearning to move forward with a situation when they are advised not to.

Otherwise, almost always children are shown in this card, so it can represent naivety, helplessness, or dependency.

I have a sister named Sunny Jo - and she is one of those people who says, "I don't believe that all people have darkness in them! I have no darknes in me! Just light, light, light!" But all light is out of balance, and is an illusion.

Think of being in a dark room. When there is no light, darkness is evenly distributed. Now turn on a faint light. The darkness being to gather into "shadows," but you can still see into those shadows ok. Now, turn on a giant spotlight in the same room. Now the darkness gathers into deep, dark, impenetrable shadows. You can never get rid of the darkness. It will simply gather into tighter and tighter shadows. The key is to keep dark and light in balance, so that the shadows cannot hide truth from your only semi-dilated pupils.

So, all light, all Sun, is an illusion and out-of-balance - shadows will always exist. Remember that the most prominent underlying theme and message of Tarot is balance.

DimSum

balenciaga said:
It is believed that the sun is such a positive card, that it can only brighten even the most negative spread. So I would say you have nothing opposing you. The coast is clear:)

I have to agree with this. Early on i picked up that the sun is one of the few cards that HAS NO negative aspect, it is ALWAYS positive. And I have found this to be borne out in working with the cards. It remains one of my all time favorite cards to get in any reading, any time.