New, even harder dream to interpret.

Amanda

This dream has really got me stumped.

I was living in this apartment, on the top floor, with 4 roommates. Two guys and two girls (that I had never seen before, strangers to me in real life). One of the girls was having a spat with one of the guys, love relationship problems, so the other girl asks me to take a walk with her. We go out the door and walk down some stairs to ground level, and it's slightly snowing, a bit slushy out, but no snow on the ground. She asks me if I want to go visit some people that she knows, and I say, "Sure..." I start walking up to this building about to go in, and she yells, "No wait! You need to protect yourself first!" and I watch her walk through this invisible force field and a little green light goes off to indicate she's "protected". So I walk through it, look back and see the green light goes off for me as well. But there was nothing there, I basically just walked past this little electronic device, it didn't seem that anything had really changed-

So we go into this building and she announces us. I see that we've entered this building, and we walk up some stairs and it ends up being my childhood home. There is a guy (who is a stranger to me in real life) painting the living room ceiling. There is a girl (who I do know in real life, she was an old aquaintance but I don't speak to her much any more) sitting in a chair, but the rest of the house is pretty much bare... the guy had obviously been preparing it to remodel some things. No one can see us since we've passed through this force field, but they can hear us. She tells them who she is, but then she says, "I've brought Michael with me," and she was meaning me. So I just kept quiet and went along with it. At the time I was thinking Michael was the other guy in the apartment.

They talk while I sit quietly, and I learn that my dad has sold the house and all of his possessions. The dream switches over to where I'm now with my mom, dad, and best friend (note: my mom and dad haven't been together in 12 years but still get along and my best friend is married into my dad's side of the family). My dad says that he has some bloodstone that was my uncle's (his brother who passed away in real life nearly 20 years ago) that he would like to sell, but that the Pawn shop wouldn't take it. My mother suggests we try selling it to a metaphysical shop. (Which is odd because my mom isn't in to metaphysics, and I barely even know what bloodstone's are for or worth). So we go in search of this metaphysical store. When we get there, it's a very tall building and a front desk lady stops us to ask us our business. When we tell her she let's us pass and mentions that the shop we're looking for is on the 42nd floor.

There is no elevator, and we start climbing staircases that I have to reach up and pull from the ceiling. These are a huge pain in the ass to climb up. Along the way, my dad is showing me old photos of those in his side of the family that have passed over. He showed me an old picture of my grandmother (who just passed away in February), a picture of my cousin (who was killed in Iraq in 2004), and at some point, I actually saw my grandfather (my dad's dad) in person with a couple of guys (that I didn't know) laughing on one of the floor landings (he passed in 1997). By this point, we've passed the 20th floor and my conscious mind has gotten so bored with this repetitive pulling down and stair climbing that I wake up. I look at the clock and it says 9:11. Waking up and seeing the clock number may not be that important, but I do tend to get messages through the clock numbers; in this case, 9:11 = "Emergency" to me.

BodhiSeed

Amanda, this is the second dream that has your dad in it. Is anything going on with him right now?

Milfoil

Agreed, there seems to be a common theme of ancestors (both alive and passed over). If father in our dreams represents moral authority, perhaps your dreams are demonstrating your own need to recognise your ancestors and honour them truly from the heart.

Amanda

bodhran said:
Amanda, this is the second dream that has your dad in it. Is anything going on with him right now?

Not sure... well- I worry about him a lot, but that's nothing new. For a while now, he's basically given up on his life, he's drank for years and hasn't worked for the last 8 unless it was just a side job to pay his water bill. He's 58 and isn't getting any younger. We used to butt heads all the time on things, but since I've grown up and moved out, we get along pretty well.

I haven't spoken to him in a few weeks, but was thinking about stopping by tonight and checking in on him.

Amanda

Milfoil said:
Agreed, there seems to be a common theme of ancestors (both alive and passed over). If father in our dreams represents moral authority, perhaps your dreams are demonstrating your own need to recognise your ancestors and honour them truly from the heart.

I'm not sure what you mean?

I've been surrounded by history and ancestors all my life... my grandmother was a historian... or do you mean I'm holding onto something specifically for all these people and not honoring them by releasing it?

Daizdy

It's an interesting dream, Amanda. There are so many aspects that stand out to me that I hope I make sense. Here goes...

I usually associate upper levels of structures as being more positive. However, in this case I feel it is more of a prophetic dream. You're living on the top floor with roommates who are arguing. That's not a good sign. You are ascending some difficult pull-down steps to the 42nd floor. We don't know if that's the top floor but I would imagine if it isn't, it's close.

The fact you need protection before entering the building is a good indication that there's something or someone in there that could be dangerous for you. You find your childhood home bare and in process for remodeling. I take this to mean either you or your father have let go of the past or given up on trying to heal yourself from it. You are disguised as Michael so I wonder if it might represent Your father. Perhaps he may feel guilty because of his behavior toward you. I'm not sure...

While you're ascending these stairs you are shown pictures of family and actually see your Grandfather which tells me again it might all be about your father. Family problems (grandfather's ghost) are going to come back to haunt.

The most significant part of this dream, I feel, is the bloodstone. I've never heard of this stone before and had to look up its meaning and a very interesting meaning at that. The stone supposedly has healing properties and is good for healing the organs that purify the blood "family". Your father wants to sell the stone. He either feels it isn't working or that its done its job or perhaps isn't even aware that it might have been preventing something.

I think the reason you woke up was to prevent selling this stone. Your father needs to keep it or pass it on to you. If the time on the clock means anything it was a warning to keep that stone, it might be what's holding everyone together.

Does any of that make sense to you? Do you know what or whom the stone might symbolize?

Amanda

Daizdy said:
It's an interesting dream, Amanda. There are so many aspects that stand out to me that I hope I make sense. Here goes...

Ahhh! Sorry, I just now saw that you had posted here...

I usually associate upper levels of structures as being more positive. However, in this case I feel it is more of a prophetic dream. You're living on the top floor with roommates who are arguing. That's not a good sign. You are ascending some difficult pull-down steps to the 42nd floor. We don't know if that's the top floor but I would imagine if it isn't, it's close.

If I remember right, I was thinking it was the top or near the top floor as well. I think I was thinking it was the highest floor.

The fact you need protection before entering the building is a good indication that there's something or someone in there that could be dangerous for you. You find your childhood home bare and in process for remodeling. I take this to mean either you or your father have let go of the past or given up on trying to heal yourself from it. You are disguised as Michael so I wonder if it might represent Your father. Perhaps he may feel guilty because of his behavior toward you. I'm not sure...

Well, I find that I can let go of things, past issues and whatnot pretty easily- but not necessarily rid myself of still being influenced by them... especially if it was some long-standing condition... for instance (and this isn't necessarily a bad one) my dad was/is an alcoholic, and I refuse to drink alcohol. I use to wish that he would just quit drinking, I worried a lot, but I've pretty much gave up on that notion and don't waste my energy anymore. He has pretty much given up a long time ago, but because of what was ingrained in him when he was growing up, I know he would never take his own life or anything of that nature. I imagine he's extremely depressed and self-medicating with alcohol, and probably just sitting there waiting for God to take him and end his misery.

While you're ascending these stairs you are shown pictures of family and actually see your Grandfather which tells me again it might all be about your father. Family problems (grandfather's ghost) are going to come back to haunt.

Hm... well they're probably haunting him- my dad's side of the family was very 'hush hush' about things. My mom was only able to tell me a few things about my dad's family. I've gotten the sense before that there was probably so much more that even she wasn't aware of. Even though I was right there in the midst of them, I got the feeling that lots of things were being unsaid a lot of the time. And to be honest with you, I don't think I really want to know. I knew my grandfather as a couch potato. A very cold, aloof, and unemotional man absorbed in his television. He barely spoke to me. There was one time when I was little that my grandparents babysat me while my parents went out, and when we were leaving, they told me to give him a hug and a kiss, and that was the only time he returned my affection (but then, I never really attempted to otherwise). So, it was odd to see him as he was in my dream. I do know, that there is next to no legacy to be left for those in my family with my maiden name. I'm the only child of my father, and have been married... no son to carry on the last name. His brother Paul (the one I referred to in the dream that died 20 years ago) was the father to only one son, which also appeared in my dream, -my cousin that was killed in Iraq. He was married shortly before he was killed, but never had any children. My dad's other brother (also deceased) has a son, but I never hear anything from him, I don't think he's ever married or had any children (not sure if he will either).

The most significant part of this dream, I feel, is the bloodstone. I've never heard of this stone before and had to look up its meaning and a very interesting meaning at that. The stone supposedly has healing properties and is good for healing the organs that purify the blood "family". Your father wants to sell the stone. He either feels it isn't working or that its done its job or perhaps isn't even aware that it might have been preventing something.

I've heard of it, but didn't know what it was for or anything. I just knew the name. In my dream it appeared to be more red, like a Ruby (because I've never seen a bloodstone, so I guess that's what my mind made up).

Here is what I found on the bloodstone:

Bloodstone Gemstone meaning
Bloodstone (also called heliotrope) is green with distinctive red spots that resemble blood, giving this stone its name. The bloodstone was used to stop bleeding especially nosebleeds.

There is a legend that says the bloodstone was formed from the blood of Christ dripping on the green earth and solidifying. It was also called heliotrope by the Greeks and was thought to bring change. The bloodstone has been used as an amulet to protect against the evil eye. Bloodstone is the symbol of justice.

Healing properties of bloodstone
The bloodstone is used for circulation of all energy in the body and helps to remove energy blocks. Bloodstone is used in the alignment of all the centers of the body. A healer must do this alignment while the patient lies on his stomach. It also aids in the circulation of blood. It is good to have several pieces of Bloodstone in the home to increase the flow of life energy.

The only thing I'm pretty sure of is that my dad has all kinds of energy blocks.

I think the reason you woke up was to prevent selling this stone. Your father needs to keep it or pass it on to you. If the time on the clock means anything it was a warning to keep that stone, it might be what's holding everyone together.

Does any of that make sense to you? Do you know what or whom the stone might symbolize?

I'm really not sure what else it could mean... the bloodstone (to me) has been practically unheard of... Before this dream, I had only heard of the name in passing- didn't really know what it was for or made up of or anything. But, very recently (just within the last week) my mom's toes started turning purple, and so she went to the hospital last night, and the doctor says she's got some blockage. They'll need to do more tests, but for now he's putting her on blood thinners to improve her circulation. Do you think that could be it?

I've had other dreams where I've been given words that I didn't even know- one time, I was told by a stranger in a dream "You are the hieratic." I didn't know what a hieratic was. Which after looking it up (which took forever because I didn't know the exact spelling of the word I heard in the dream), meant something like "priest"... (which now I realize is like, you know, the Hierophant). That was after my Master Reiki attunement.

So... bloodstone. Going back to my initial feeling (before knowing anything on the stone) it made me think of knights. Like, King Arthur's time or something. Castle's and swords and horses and all that glory and whatnot. Not sure if that makes much of a difference...

Dizzybliss

I read your dream and noticed the numbers, I thought might help you and could compliment what has already been said.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numerology#Number_definitions)
4 :I read around and mostly it has to do with building, creation,
http://www.sanatansociety.org/vedic_astrology_and_numerology/indian_numerology_4.htm

42 which reduces to 6: reaction reflux, responsibilty,
"Six: The symbolism behind number Six is legend. With Venus as its ruler, Six represents harmony, balance, sincerity, love, and truth. Six naturally reveals solutions for us in a calm, unfolding manner. We invoke the Six when we need delicate diplomacy when dealing with sensitive matters. The spiritual meaning of number Six also deals with enlightenment; specifically "lighting" our path in areas we require spiritual and mental balance. Sixes beckon us to administer compassion and consciously choose forgiveness in a situation." taken from http://www.whats-your-sign.com/spiritual-meaning-of-numbers.html

911 reduced to 11 (master number no more reduction):
Confirmation to maintain integrity
Enter into an open space of conscious awareness
Realign, reaffirm, re-establish (re-balance) ourselves
taken from http://www.whats-your-sign.com/spiritualmeaningofnumbereleven.html

LovelyMissAries

Do you feel like you're competing for attention with anyone right now?

Amanda

Dizzybliss said:
I read your dream and noticed the numbers, I thought might help you and could compliment what has already been said.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numerology#Number_definitions)
4 :I read around and mostly it has to do with building, creation,
http://www.sanatansociety.org/vedic_astrology_and_numerology/indian_numerology_4.htm

42 which reduces to 6: reaction reflux, responsibilty,
"Six: The symbolism behind number Six is legend. With Venus as its ruler, Six represents harmony, balance, sincerity, love, and truth. Six naturally reveals solutions for us in a calm, unfolding manner. We invoke the Six when we need delicate diplomacy when dealing with sensitive matters. The spiritual meaning of number Six also deals with enlightenment; specifically "lighting" our path in areas we require spiritual and mental balance. Sixes beckon us to administer compassion and consciously choose forgiveness in a situation." taken from http://www.whats-your-sign.com/spiritual-meaning-of-numbers.html

Well, maybe because I didn't quite "get" this dream right away, I've been getting other things.. the High Priestess and the Emperor have kind of been pestering me lately (within the last week). I just thought it was the 2 different sides of me that I was trying to reconcile... which would go along with a Lovers (6) interpretation.

911 reduced to 11 (master number no more reduction):
Confirmation to maintain integrity
Enter into an open space of conscious awareness
Realign, reaffirm, re-establish (re-balance) ourselves
taken from http://www.whats-your-sign.com/spiritualmeaningofnumbereleven.html

It's interesting that you reduced this down to 11 which refers back to Justice, which in the information that I found, bloodstone is representative of justice...

You know- sometimes I wish my dreams would just give it to me straight... but I am totally, TOTALLY a symbolic-type person. Like, I've got to be above average on the symbol usage... even in my daily life... ugh.