New Pendulum

Shadow Wolf

I've pretty much got how to do Yes/No answers.

But how do I find lost things with it ? Do I have to be in the room
where the lost object is and look at the pendulum to guide me ?

I'm just not getting it !!!!!!!

And today no matter what I asked it, it sat there still as stone.

I'm not really frustrated, because I know that there are some things that I have to find out for myself, and sometimes events just have to unfold the way they are meant to, without interference.

It was like I was some kind of magical void. has anyone else
experienced anything like this ?

raeanne

Hi Shadow Wolf,
When I use a pendulum to find lost items, I first draw a rough sketch of the area where I think I lost it. For example, I might draw a quick sketch of my house. It doesn't have to be a good picture, just a rectangle with lines to mark off the different rooms. Then I hold the pendulum over one room on the drawing and ask if the lost item is in that room. If I get a "no" response, I continue to another room on the drawing and repeat the question. Once I get a "yes" answer, I draw a quick sketch of that room. This can be just a square with circles, squares, and rectangles for the different furniture in that room. Then I hold the pendulum over the different areas of the drawing and ask if the lost item is in this area. I continue until I get a "yes" response. Once I know the general area the lost object is in, I can go there and usually I find it fairly quickly. Sometimes I have to ask the pendulum if it is higher or lower than my waist (or knees, or eyes, or behind something, or anything else that might be helpful). You could just walk from one room to another and ask if the item is in that room. Once you get a "yes" response, walk to different areas of the room and ask if the lost item is in that area. If the area I lost the item is bigger, I may have to start with map of the town I live in. Once I lost a bracelet during a trip. I had stopped at several different towns visiting friends and family members. I got my map out and asked the pendulum if my bracelet was in each town as I retraced my trip on my map. I was able to identify which town I had left my bracelet. I called the friend that lived in that town and they said they would look around their house. The next day they called me back and said they had found my bracelet! Enjoy your pendulum! Be creative and use it however you think will give you the information you need. Let us know how it works.

zorya

first i ground and center, then i absolutely MUST ask for assistance from my spirit guides, or it won't work. if i ask and it is in the area, it will work for me every time.

i use the 'search in the room or area it may be' approach. i hold it a few inches off the floor, let it swing and check in the direction it is swinging. since it swings in two directions, back and forth, i feel for a 'tug' in one of the directions. it is usually accurate to about 18" either way for me.

if i'm not sure which room it is in, i either go from room to room, or try first in the center and let it lead me to the correct room.

don't give up on it shadow wolf! :)

Trogon

Hi Shadow Wolf,

Zorya and Raeanne have both given you good suggestions on how to use your pendulum for finding things. Raeanne's method is what I've used the few times I've needed to find lost items and it has worked well for me. I've also used such map dowsing to prospect for gold. I mention this on pages 3 and 4 of this thread; http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11345

As far as the pendulum not working for you on a given day or for a given use... I've found that's not all that unusual either. Sometimes I get blocked and it just won't work, or gives me confusing results. Sometimes, I find that a particular pendulum works better than a different one for a given question or use. For instance, for most things I have found that the pendulum I made for myself out of elk antler works best for most uses. I've used it for buying new crystals for meditation, for map dowsing for gold, for questions relating to myself. For the times another person is asking the question, I have found that my leaded-crystal pendulum works best. I also have a pendulum made out of rutilated quartz which I've used a few times when my elk antler pendulum doesn't seem to want to give good results.

Hmmm... I think I also have one I made out of pipe stone somewhere, but I haven't used that one yet. I think I need to get busy and make some more... ;)

Ruby Red Slippers

Trogon:
Can't resist asking...Have you found any gold??;)

Ruby Red Slippers

Shadow Wolf

Thanks for all of your responses, I can't wait to try them.

I do love my new pendulum, even if it is ambiguous at times !!!

RedEarth

I have found the same as you, some days it just won't swing! And sometimes, the yes/no directions change, so I always check first each time before use.
And I also ask a particular spirit guide of mine for his help. When I remeber, which is usually a few minutes after starting and getting frustrating/confused results.
hth
RedEarth

Trogon

Ruby Red Slippers said:
Trogon:
Can't resist asking...Have you found any gold??;)
The 5 gold nuggets (yes... there is actually 5 there) in my avatar are actually gold from Upper Lynx Creek where I had used the map dowsing to find "good spots" along the creek.