New: Yes ~ No ~ Why

Amanda

That's if you get one of the 7 cards in each spot, which is possible. I've had a spread where 3 key cards were in all 3 spots. The important one is the one that you lay down first (in my experience). You are also supposed to deal one more card to the opposite pile after you get one of the key cards, which leaves the possibility of getting two.

Tarot Fairy

That's if you get one of the 7 cards in each spot, which is possible. I've had a spread where 3 key cards were in all 3 spots. The important one is the one that you lay down first (in my experience). You are also supposed to deal one more card to the opposite pile after you get one of the key cards, which leaves the possibility of getting two.

Oh ok! I understand that there was neither answer if you get more then one of the seven cards, but guess I was reading wrong about getting none of the cards! Thank you Amanda!

deb13b

I tried this earlier today, asked my new deck if it would be beneficial for me to study it on a deeper level than I ever have with other decks. I got this :

1. The Star
2. The World
3. Death

I would appreciate your thoughts on this, I'm thinking it means a "yes but it will be hard work resulting in a completely new understanding". Or am I looking at this all wrong lol

JSNYC

Wow, it appears to me that something very profound (The Star) is heading your way. I agree with your interpretation, the answer is unequivocally yes. :)

May I inquire as to what deck is promising such profound insights?

deb13b

Believe it or not, it's the original rider-Waite! I've read tarot on and off for 20 years or so but have never had a rider-Waite until last week. I've always avoided it like the plague, never once had any desire to get one. But a couple of weeks ago I just suddenly felt I should get one. And something just feels different about it, I can't really explain. I look at the basic artwork compared to previous decks I've owned, and well, it's a lot different to what I normally go for. But still I'm drawn to it.

illumine

cool!

wow, just came across this.

ok, Im still a bit confused about understanding the "why it's a wrong answer" part....

so, I got the magician in the 2nd position--so the answer to my Q is a resounding yes! Yuppie! I'm getting engaged! ok, euphoria over...

the oppositional card is 3 of swords. What does that mean? The reason why the answer is NOT no is because....? I'm confused, is that what this card explains or....

3rd card was 8 of pents.

any explains helpful!

thanks for this! illumine

Ethanescence

DELETED. MOD PLEASE REMOVE, THANK YOU.

illumine

and another question: could someone give an example of a "philosophical" yes or no? I got that as a negative response to getting a job I applied for.

Nurtia

Thank you JSNYC!

I just tried your method and boy, it made a difference in my day/life!

I had been using another method before, but I saw something quite not right in the end and was just looking for an alternative. Man, this is it!

I'll tell you the cards.

I have had a long term project in mind for some time, I tried to cut the long term with other projects in between just to oil the machine, you know, get things going, using more firm bridges than what I think is the one I'll build, and basically with much less time and effort involved.

My first attempt in one of these lesser projects failed.

Just these days I was thinking to start the second lesser project, this morning I was about to write to someone to start it in fact.

I had no doubt it was a good idea, but I saw your spread and wanting to try it I thought I could investigate this pressing matter of mine. Hell, it said NO!

the cards were

1) Ace of Swords

2) 7 of Cups

3) Strenght

Now you see, both the 7 of Cups and the Strenght are very meaningful cards to me. I could say the 7C is my most hard to die sin on this planet, I love this card in that it so attunes to me, my following my thousand projects and fantasies, I can't begin one, I'm already thinking to the next 10, that's definitely me and my companion is tired of this, he is always telling me to focus on just one. He even uses the 7C and shows it in my face whenever I start again...

The Strenght, I had it in the 'past influence' position in the Celtic Cross I did recently, meaning I have to learn to not seek instant gratification, I have to learn endurance and apply it with love to my project.

The Ace of Sword, given that I have the Mythic Tarot and it is represented by Athena, I do not see all that negativity in the NO position, rather a suggestion to think clearly beyond the clouds of the 7C.

Then, just to state the obvious, I asked if by any chance that meant getting to work on my long term project.

Guess what, as I started laying the cards, the first one to land in position 1 therefore No, was the 7 of Cups again, a sign!

Then eventually

1) 2 of Swords

2) the World

3) The wheel of Fortune

The 2S I saw as 'not starting' would be denying to aknowledge your problem of dispersion

The World, maybe it answers to the question of the previous user too, it's a Yes and you'll become a whole person, reaching achievement finally.

The Wheel of Fortune, hell, I wanna see it as a good sign that lastly my luck will change! I will definitely evolve and create my fortune if I put the loving energy and time in my project and allow my potential to come out.

So thanks again!

I will be using it and not look back.

Polyhymnia

wow just used this........
After 3 weeks of our relationship reverting back to being "just friends", this evening things kicked off again. I asked the cards if he was feeling ok about this:

1, 3 cups (why it was yes and not no)
2, Yes, Ace of cups
3, 10 of cups (stipulation on why it was yes)

The Ace of Cups might be a "whimsical and malleble" yes, but together with these other cards I believe I can read it as very positive.

A very happy Poly :)

I hope no-one out there is going to burst my bubble and tell me I have misunderstood how this is read.