Newbie Question: What are "life cards?"

sherilyn

I got a reading months ago and the reader told me that I had "life cards" with a certain guy I know. I am in my early studies with tarot cards (as I find them facinating) and I have yet to learn what a "life card" is. Are they actual single cards, or a grouping of cards, or an interpretaion a grouping of cards? Or...was this tarot reader just making stuff up?

tarotbear

Thanks. B_C, for posting that.

Sherlyn - if you search there are also threads on your Year Cards, which are a different calculation based on your birthday in a particular year, as opposed to your Life cards which are the day you were born. It's all numerology, so have fun! :)

sherilyn

Thanks guys! I checked out that thread. My only other question is...How can you have life cards "with" someone? The reader was doing a spread on a particular person to find out the relationship between us, and at the end of the reading she said..."you have life cards with him?" What does that really mean? And how did she interpret that? Was it one card, or a combination of a few cards? Sorry if my question is strange..but I have only been studying sporatically for a few months. I want to know for clarification of the reading I got, and how I can see that type of a connection in readings I do for myself and others.

Flavio

sherilyn said:
How can you have life cards "with" someone? The reader was doing a spread on a particular person to find out the relationship between us, and at the end of the reading she said..."you have life cards with him?" What does that really mean? And how did she interpret that?
Unless you had told the reader your birth days, there is no way she can find your life cards and if you told her maybe she was only over-acting during her reading as I think there is no real mistery about life cards calculation method.

sherilyn

Yeah she definetly knew my birthday, and I'm pretty sure she asked for his as well. Maybe my personal life card and his personal life card came up in the spread at the same time? She did say..."with him." Which sounded strange to me because from my understanding, a life card is more of an individual thing and not something you can share with another.

Flavio

sherilyn said:
Yeah she definetly knew my birthday, and I'm pretty sure she asked for his as well. Maybe my personal life card and his personal life card came up in the spread at the same time? She did say..."with him." Which sounded strange to me because from my understanding, a life card is more of an individual thing and not something you can share with another.
You know now how to calculate those life cards, now you can see for yourself if you both actually had the same life cards, have fun!

sherilyn

It was fun! My personality and soul card is 6 (Lovers) and my shadow card is 15 (devil). His is Soul- Empress, Personality- Hanged Man and Shadow- The World.

Well...so much for that because we don't even have one card in common! =)

The rest of the reading did make sense, so maybe she was over-reacting a tad. It's possible that some readers go over the top with their readings because they want to entertain you and mystify you.

Iona

sherilyn said:
I got a reading months ago and the reader told me that I had "life cards" with a certain guy I know. I am in my early studies with tarot cards (as I find them facinating) and I have yet to learn what a "life card" is. Are they actual single cards, or a grouping of cards, or an interpretaion a grouping of cards? Or...was this tarot reader just making stuff up?
Well, I seem to be alone here :) but when I read your post I understood she meant something as 'karma cards', that she saw something going on between you that was 'meant to be', that you were going to live something together, for a while at last. I think she was not using the words 'life cards' as they are usually referred to in this forum.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=59175&highlight=karma+cards

sherilyn

Okay. Then what are "karma cards?" That does sound right because she was gung ho about this man.