Newly completed tarot deck...I'd love your insights!

juno-lucina

Greetings all you tarot-ists!
I have followed and learned from your words of wisdom for some time, but am by nature rather quiet about my own creations. Two weeks ago, a six-year collaboration with an illustrator friend of mine finally culminated in THE KINGDOM WITHIN TAROT deck. Since then I have been updating our website (www.juno-lucina.com) with many images from the deck, and I would appreciate any input from this learned group of tarot lovers. The website has an explanation of the deck's system, images of all the Major Arcana, and images of the entire Sword Suit. Your feedback will be invaluable to us as we progress towards looking for a publisher for our deck.

Thank you for your help, and NAMASTE!
Juno Lucina

Chronata

Wow...that's a lot of text! You certainly know what your deck is about!

Once I found the images on your website, I really enjoyed looking at them.
There's an interesting complexity and beauty to them.

I especially like the Star...so lovely...the Empress is gorgeous...and I really really like what you did with the Magician.

and I love your extra...the Kingdom Within All... card is it? it is spectacular, and full of wonderful symbols!

You both have created a great little deck chock full of symbolism, and an interesting launching point.
I can see, after reading about your system, what you are trying to accomplish, but I also think the images work great on their own..and would be nice for reading intuitively as well.

I wish you good luck in finding a publisher...I think you may indeed have something very unique, and worth sharing with the public.

Alta

I went through the Major Arcana. I am curious, what is your technique? Is it a mixture of collage and original artwork?
Is that Captain Jack Sparrow on The Hanged Man?

Creating 78 works of art is a huge undertaking and not that many are able to complete such a large body of work. Original and quite striking. Congratulations!

juno-lucina

reply to Marion...

Marion said:
I went through the Major Arcana. I am curious, what is your technique? Is it a mixture of collage and original artwork?
Is that Captain Jack Sparrow on The Hanged Man?

Creating 78 works of art is a huge undertaking and not that many are able to complete such a large body of work. Original and quite striking. Congratulations!

Marion,
The artwork is completely original; as we began, each was hand drawn, scanned into the computer, and then finished using Adobe Photoshop...but as the deck continued, the illustrator eventually began creating the entire image solely in Photoshop. (The pirate on the Hanged Man is not Capt Jack, per se...but you're' not the first to see a resemblance!)

Thanks for your kind words,
Juno

Gayla

Wow! It is a wonderful deck. Temperance is my favorite and the Empress is beautiful. The colors are so vibrant. Well done. :)

juno-lucina

find the images faster...

Chronata said:
Wow...that's a lot of text! You certainly know what your deck is about!

Once I found the images on your website, I really enjoyed looking at them.
There's an interesting complexity and beauty to them.

I especially like the Star...so lovely...the Empress is gorgeous...and I really really like what you did with the Magician.

and I love your extra...the Kingdom Within All... card is it? it is spectacular, and full of wonderful symbols!

You both have created a great little deck chock full of symbolism, and an interesting launching point.
I can see, after reading about your system, what you are trying to accomplish, but I also think the images work great on their own..and would be nice for reading intuitively as well.

I wish you good luck in finding a publisher...I think you may indeed have something very unique, and worth sharing with the public.

To help you find the images faster, you can use the following links...

Major Arcana: http://www.juno-lucina.com/majorarcana.html
Swords Suit: http://juno-lucina.com/swords-pics.html

Chronata

Thanks juno-lucina!

The direct links are great...and help quite a bit!
now I can see the swords!

wow...the swords are full of character, and are quite wonderful!

I love the idea of establishing the court personalities, as it were...
and then using them throughout the suit!

I have never seen that before...it works really well!

rosesred

Creating 78 cards is no small feat indeed! I love how you were able to really create your own version of the cards. The website is a little chaotic, in my opinion. It would be helped by less colors, and more clear links, but that's just my opinion.

The art itself is vibrant, and you can just see that ít's packed with personal symbols.

Alta

That is really impressive!!! It must have been an enriching experience for you!! And well thought out as I assume you provided the theory and the symbolism, as well as the actual writing.

:) Yes, I bet I was not the only person to see Captain Jack Sparrow in The Hanged Man. The character seems to have become a modern expression of an archteype.

ThornFeather

Thanks!

Hello all - I'm Shannon ThornFeather, the illustrator of The Kingdom Within Tarot. Thank you so much for your input and compliments on our deck!

In further response to your question Marion, the only thing in the art work that was "pasted" in were the planets themselves. we had decided to use photos for those to make them more recognizable. Other than that, and the persian rugs in the Ten of Pents, it's all original.

It was a wonderful beginning to a journey. Now the next chapter of getting them published has begun.