Nov. Bibliomancy - blackroseivy & calypso tea

blackroseivy

Hi, calypso! Hoping to see you here. Ask me a question, I'm still thinking about mine - & the book I will use. :)

CalypsoTea

Hello! I'm really excited to be doing this with you. It's my first time working with bibliomancy this way, but I will do my best! ^_^

That said, for my reading, I don't have any particular question in mind; I think the Thanksgiving spread Franniee offered will do quite nicely for a general reading. I'm open to whichever book you feel would work for the reading (for now I can say that I have no taboos in that regard ^_^ ).

Here's the spread again, for reference:

franniee said:
Thanksgiving Spread:
1*** 2 ***5

1) Where have I been/where have I come from (past)
2) Where am I now (present)

3) What can I see that I should be thankful for
4) What can't I see that I should be thankful for

5) Where is this taking me (future)
As for your reading, please let me know if you have any particular question or theme in mind. I was planning to be spontaneous in my choice of books (one for each question), so please say if you have any taboos, or if a specific genre speaks to you strongly. The spread used will be the Thanksgiving spread unless you'd prefer a different one. Just post it for me so I know! ^_^

Hee! This is exciting! ^_^

blackroseivy

Oh yesh (which is from "Mutts" which I intend to use for this, Patrick McDonnell is EVER such a sage)!! :D This will be fine. I think that doing a general with Moochie & Earl will be VERY fun & enlightening.

What I want to know is: Am I on the verge of actually having a love-life, for the 1st time in like, too many years? I would like to know because I feel more primed to meet people than I have in a long time, I'm in a new place now as of last July where I have a FAR better chance, & it just seems more likely. I am talking to someone now, not sure if it will go anyplace but I am feeling the possibilities that seem to be surrounding me. :D

So let 'er rip! :D

blackroseivy

OH what funsies!! :D

Here we go - I laid out 5 "Mutts" books (the cartoon strip, you know!) in the order that was laid out for the spread.

This is the interesting thing: They even have a THEME!! :D Out of all of the strips in all these books, they all hang together as being about home, about security, about belonging, about maybe venturing into the unfamiliar but having security when doing so...

Here we go:

Where have I been/where am I coming from (past):

1) A squirrel is in his hollow tree contemplating. At the end, he says: "There's no place like home."

You have certainly been blessed, & you know it! :D A sense of home & security is paramount to your happiness; you have it & are grateful at this point.

Where am I now (present):

2) Bushie is at the animal shelter; Tom-Tom has been waiting & waiting to be "chosen": "I knew it! I knew it. I'M A KEEPER! After ALL this time... I'M a keeper!" & then to the others in the cages: "HANG IN THERE, FELLAS!"

This may signify a new relationship - or a renewal of an old one for you. :) Either way, you are feeling special, as though you are "chosen" as one who is special to another or to others.

What can I see that I should be thankful for:

3) Mooch is in his carrier. He says to Earl: "Where am I?" "In a cat carrier." "A WHAT!?!" "It's for going for long rides." "Do I get shome peanuts and a movie?"

The kitty carrier is a symbol of Frank & Millie's love for Mooch. They don't want to leave him behind on vacation, & they want him to be safe & secure while traveling. I think that in a sense, like a turtle, you carry "home" with you, & you have a sense that it is always there for you.

What I can't see that I should be thankful for:

4) Mooch & Earl are at the beach on vacation. A bird flies up. Mooch: "It's Mona, my secretary. Hey, Mona, how're things going back home?" "Mr. Mooch, I have an urgent message Mr. Bip and Mr. Bop Squirrel!" Here he drops an acorn on Mooch's head (which is the pastime of the squirrels in this strip!). Mooch: "Everything is shtatus quo."

Isn't this a funny one to be about what you can't see to be grateful for! :p I think that those funny little wake-up calls that you get from day to day are there just for the purpose of making you appreciate even more deeply that which you already have, even when it or you are not "there" or it isn't immediately apparent.

Where is this taking me (future):

5) A birdhouse hangs over a birdbath. 1 of the 2 birds in the birdbath says: "AHH, finally... a house with a pool."

I think that you will find that in the future year, your happiness will be compounded by new additions! :D Like getting "a new pool", not literally I'm sure - well, one never really knows, does one? :p BUT, I think that perhaps you will be working even harder on your sense of home & security, that things are going to improve for everyone is my sense now, & you will be in the midst of it making those little changes that you have always wanted to make, perhaps only just now having the time, energy, resources, etc.

Well, this was such a coherent reading that I certainly hope that it makes as much sense to you as it did to me! :D

Looking forward to yours for me - & can you let me know what books you use? :D

CalypsoTea

Blackroseivy, that was awesome! The fact that you chose "Mutts" was especially cool for me, as I am an aspiring comic artist. Your reading was so spot-on; home and security are issues that are definitely on the forefront of my mind. Thank you so much! ^_^

Yesterday was very hectic and left me rather drained, so I didn't get to do much on my end. I did, however, manage to tweak the spread so that it is more apropos to your question (I couldn't find another spread that was satisfactory). It will now read like this:

**********3******************
1*****2*********5*****6*****7
************4****************

1. Where I have been/where I am coming from (past):
2. Where I am now (present):
3. What you want in a relationship:
4. What you need in a relationship:
5. What romantic possibilities lie before you:
6. Advice for action on your part:
7. Where the current path you are on leads (future):

Now I just need to choose the books and find some quiet! Until then. ^_^

blackroseivy

WOW now THAT is "synchronicity" with a capital C!! :D

Can't believe how good I am sometimes. Ok, enough honking my horn! ;)

Can't wait for your analysis. :D

CalypsoTea

Okay! I chose the books (two of which were manga), one for each question, and used a paragraph from each book and an entire page from the manga. I laid them out in the spread's pattern and used a small Fluorite piece to help me focus. I hope you like it! ^_^

1. Where you have been/where you are coming from (past):
Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt
Pg. 90

Malachy and I are back in the bed where Eugene died. I hope he's not cold in that white coffin in the graveyard though I know he's not there anymore because angels come to the graveyard and open the coffin and he's far from the Shannon dampness that kills, up in the sky in heaven with Oliver and Margaret where they have plenty of fish and chips and toffee and no aunts to bother you, where all the fathers bring home the money from the Labour Exchange and you don't have to be running around pubs to find them.
I think this means that you haven't been in the best of situations, maybe even a little depressed, but still hopeful that things were going to be better. Having that hope, that dream of "happily ever after".​

2. Where you are now (present):
Dark Heritage by Emma Darcy
Pg. 120

She snuggled the child closer to her and started stroking her hair as she spoke in a soft, soothing voice. "Some people care a lot inside. They just don't know how to show it. Remember what I told you yesterday? Some people laugh to cover up. Or say silly things. Others frown and look stern. Like your uncle. Getting mad at them doesn't change anything. It only makes things worse. But if you try to be different with them, it gives them a chance to be different. I think that's always worth trying."
Right now it seems that you are in a place where things are significantly better, but you may have to adapt yourself to get the full benefits. It could be that there's someone who is nervous, in general or around you, which means that you should make a stronger effort on your part to befriend them and make them feel comfortable. Or it could be that you're at a point where you have to learn to read between the lines (body language, double meanings, etc) to gauge how some people feel.​

Someday My Prince Will Come: True Adventures of a Wannabe Princess by Jerramy Fine
Pg. 116

I ducked through the miniature windmill door and entered the loud buzz of the party. The large, circular wooden space was heaving with guests supposedly dressed as their heroes, but from the looks of it, I'm not sure if anyone took the theme as literally as I did. A guy dressed as "Hugh Grant" (hardly a stretch!) was opening about ten bottles of red wine and "Alicia Silverstone" was making sangria. I have to say that this bunch were so ridiculously handsome and beautiful to begin with, that visually imitating handsome and beautiful celebrities was annoyingly effortless for them. Despite all my attempts, I never seemed to glow as much and as naturally as they did. Still, I suppose if I'd been blessed with a lifetime of guaranteed privilege, I'd glow from within too.*

*As Oscar Wilde once said, "All charming people are spoiled. It is the secret of their attraction." In this context, I couldn't agree more.
The author is talking about how she doesn't compare to all these beautiful people she's standing amongst and I think you want someone who can see you for who you are and still say that you glow just as much, or even more so, than they do. You want that special friend who'd rather spend the party with you (outside looking in), than among the superficiality.​

Mars, Vol. 1 by Fuyumi Soryo
Pg. n/a

[Rei stands in front of his motorcycle. Kira stands timidly next to her mother.]

Kira's mom [bowing]: Oh dear! I'm truly sorry. I jumped to conclusions.

Rei: Nice to meet you.

[Rei holds out his hand and when Kira's mom extends hers, he grasps it rather abruptly.]

Kira's mom: Aaah!

Rei: So, this is a mother's hand!

[Rei gives her a big smile and a firm handshake. Kira's mom is surprised.]

Rei: Yay! I'm Rei Kashino. The pleasure's mine.

Kira's mom [blushing]: How startling!

Kira [shyly]: Um... Thanks for the ride. You're always rescuing me...
I think what you need in a relationship is a little push. The story is about Rei and Kira, but Rei is definitely dominating the scene here. He's enthusiastic and earnest and startling, and he's shaking up the lives of these timid women. So, maybe you need a little kick-start in a relationship; someone that encourages you and shakes you out of your comfort zone.​

Magic Stories From Around The World by Veronica Lawson and Pamela Waley
Pg. 52

"I lick your arm, my darling daughter, and your body. You shall live and be happy for ever. You have fed on my milk, and my wisdom is in you. I will protect you from evil, as is the will of your father Ra."
In this paragraph, the goddess Hathor is speaking to her daughter, the queen. I think the possibilities before you are good and strong. You've done already what you had to in order to get where you are. Ahead is life, and a good one at that. So, yeah, I think you're on the verge of something awesome.​

Train_Man (Densha Otoko), Vol. 3 by Hidenori Hara and Hitori Nakano
Pg. 180

Train_Man [voice-over caption]: Yesterday around noon, I went to her house.

[Train_Man is sitting down, nervously watching Hermess read the forum thread on her laptop. Her dog, Prada, sits next to them.]

Hermess: You said before that you were getting advice from friends. So these are the people you meant... There's so much here... Like a novel..

[Hermess reads with a smile.]

[Hermess raises an eyebrow.]

Computer Screen:
You can never say that often enough!
>>104
It says "Hermès." Anyone heard of a dish maker by that name...?
>>103​
[Hermess doubles over with laughter, leaning on the closet for support. Prada is confused; Train_Man is exasperated.]

Hermess: HA HA HA D-dish maker...

Train_Man [sweatdrop]: Okay, okay... You don't have to laugh that hard...
Train_Man is showing Hermess the forum transcript of when he was asking people for romance advice. Your advice, it seems, is that you have to put yourself out there too. Step out of your comfort zone. Try not to take yourself too seriously. It's about honesty and opening up, and making sure that once you're certain of how you feel and what you want, the other person knows it too.​

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Pg. 138

Then he galloped away and was soon lost to sight. "O good-bye and go away!' grunted the dwarves, all the more angry because they were really filled with dismay at losing him. Now began the most dangerous part of all the journey. They each shouldered the heavy pack and the water-skin which was their share, and turned from the light that lay on the lands outside and plunged into the forest.
You're heading towards the most dangerous part of your journey, which of course would be the love life you desire. You already have what you need to walk this road, but you still feel a little out of your element. But you can't be fearful and shy away from that... Because it's always the most dangerous when you risk your heart. So, I think that you are definitely on the right path to relationship-ville. ^_^​

blackroseivy

CalypsoTea said:
Okay! I chose the books (two of which were manga), one for each question, and used a paragraph from each book and an entire page from the manga. I laid them out in the spread's pattern and used a small Fluorite piece to help me focus. I hope you like it! ^_^

1. Where you have been/where you are coming from (past):
I think this means that you haven't been in the best of situations, maybe even a little depressed, but still hopeful that things were going to be better. Having that hope, that dream of "happily ever after".​

I am bi-polar & disabled; I have been through the mental ward & homelessness 2x in my life (though thank heavens with a roof, NEVER on the streets!!). I made some mistakes in judgment, let's just say. Then, after having had the last blow-up that got me kicked out of my sister's house, I wound up in a podunk & 1-horse tiny dot of a place that wasn't far from my parents because at the time I had no-one but my mother to help me. :( For 4 1/2 YEARS.

Needless to say, nothing good ever happened for me THERE.

I recently moved to Elmira, NY - it is SO much better for me! :D Really rather small, but a bustling metropolis indeed compared to Sayre, UGH!! :mad:

I now have prospects - not far from Ithaca, the upstate arts mecca, & also not far from NYC - just a bus-ride away, & an actual BUS STATION only just blocks away down my own street! :D I am MUCH easier of access - a VERY large ingredient in meeting someone suitable. Gordon is minutes away in Corning - & he seems SO wonderful so far.

2. Where you are now (present):
Right now it seems that you are in a place where things are significantly better, but you may have to adapt yourself to get the full benefits. It could be that there's someone who is nervous, in general or around you, which means that you should make a stronger effort on your part to befriend them and make them feel comfortable. Or it could be that you're at a point where you have to learn to read between the lines (body language, double meanings, etc) to gauge how some people feel.​

That's funny because I am rather into just this kind of thing lately! :D I am what you could call perceptive - & intuitive, but of course, that much is apparent anyway, right? ;) haha Anyway, yes, I think that it's Gordon & I have to be especially sensitive to his needs just now because he is about to be laid off & is job-hunting. Stressful time for him!

The author is talking about how she doesn't compare to all these beautiful people she's standing amongst and I think you want someone who can see you for who you are and still say that you glow just as much, or even more so, than they do. You want that special friend who'd rather spend the party with you (outside looking in), than among the superficiality.​

OH yes - I understand, believe me! I have always been the odd one out - & Gordon grew up quite popular, but he is sympathetic & even empathetic I believe, & he is very much one for 1-on-1 as well.

I think what you need in a relationship is a little push. The story is about Rei and Kira, but Rei is definitely dominating the scene here. He's enthusiastic and earnest and startling, and he's shaking up the lives of these timid women. So, maybe you need a little kick-start in a relationship; someone that encourages you and shakes you out of your comfort zone.​

Having any sort of relationship at ALL would be quite the push out of my comfort-zone!! :eek: Let me tell you - at 42, I am, as Gordon & I were only just saying last night (he about himself too), quite set in my ways & not USED to having anyone around! So, absolutely...

In this paragraph, the goddess Hathor is speaking to her daughter, the queen. I think the possibilities before you are good and strong. You've done already what you had to in order to get where you are. Ahead is life, and a good one at that. So, yeah, I think you're on the verge of something awesome.​

What can I say to this but, sounds wonderful! ;)

Train_Man is showing Hermess the forum transcript of when he was asking people for romance advice. Your advice, it seems, is that you have to put yourself out there too. Step out of your comfort zone. Try not to take yourself too seriously. It's about honesty and opening up, and making sure that once you're certain of how you feel and what you want, the other person knows it too.​

Again - doing it, doing it!! ;) I am going to try to convey what I can of this to Gordon, because I hope that it is mutual. It seems to be - but then, we have to meet in person!! :eek:

You're heading towards the most dangerous part of your journey, which of course would be the love life you desire. You already have what you need to walk this road, but you still feel a little out of your element. But you can't be fearful and shy away from that... Because it's always the most dangerous when you risk your heart. So, I think that you are definitely on the right path to relationship-ville. ^_^​

Haha - & no Gandalf to rescue me! :p hehe

Well! I think that something is opening up with Gordon, for sure. What I am anxious over is, well, just this stuff, actually - the fact that I read Tarot etc.! So far, it doesn't seem at all like he is the kind of person who would be fazed by that - but one never knows for definite sure until the subject is broached! :eek: <=== haha, lots of these, it's how I'm feeling at the mo!! :p

Thank you so much, this really seems to hit it on the head for me absolutely & is SO very encouraging! :D

CalypsoTea

Whoo-hoo! I'm so glad. I've never done a reading like this before, so I was really nervous. I'm very happy that it connected with you, and I hope things work out to be great for you and Gordon. ^_^

[Post #100! Go me! ^_^]

blackroseivy

So do I - thanx again! :D