Numerology and the Tarot

Sinduction

Has anyone successfully merged the two?

I'm having such a hard time finding a way to fit them together. I searched for threads but came up empty.

I'm trying to go beyond the major's influence on the corresponding minors but I'm coming up empty. All I can find about numerology is how your name fits your personality. And while that can be fun I guess, it doesn't fit with the tarot all that well.

Any help?

sweet_intuition

Well, majority of the time a confusion is created as people try to use Pythagorean numerology, which is the conventional form of numerology, and merge it with the Tarot.

I practice Chaldean numerology, and I also incorporate Kabbalistic Gematria, which blends beautifully with the Tarot. In fact, it's considered a more ancient form of numerology, and the numerical symbolisms are strikingly close to the major arcana.

Like 11 - A muzzled lion (Strength, yes traditional decks numbered this card as 11)

21 - The Crowned Universe (World)

20 - Awakening (Judgment)

Again, this is just my opinion.

The crowned one

Sinduction said:

I could not separate the two. For me they are absolutely connected I would almost say they are a symbiotic relationship in my style of readng.

bigcaat

Sinduction said:

I'm having such a hard time finding a way to fit them together. I searched for threads but came up empty.

I'm trying to go beyond the major's influence on the corresponding minors but I'm coming up empty. All I can find about numerology is how your name fits your personality. And while that can be fun I guess, it doesn't fit with the tarot all that well.

Any help?
I use numerology in my readings with the minors quite a lot. I learned it in "Every Day Tarot, A Choice Centered Book."

Some of my key words are:

1. Beginning, planting a seed
2. Duality, decision/indecision, letting go/holding on
3. Planning, working with the decision made in two
4. Manifestation
5. Challenges, Adjustment
6. The "calm after the storm", settling in after the adjustment of 5
7. Imagination, expansion
8 Organization, as in putting the things you've imagined or expanded in order
9. Integration, integrating those things that are now in order
10. Transition: Now that we have integrated it is time to move on

I work the court cards into this, as well. I'm not sure it has as much to do with numerology there, though.

I don't know if this is what you were looking for but that's how I use numerology in my tarot readings.

Caat

Vadella

Just like the Crowned One, Numerology is automatically present in my readings. Say if you get stuck on a certain card... check out it's number, know what it means and then try to place it together. The best is when the same number appears more than once bringing greater significance to it. And then adding up all the cards to see which major the reading represents. You can do searches on topics such as "three 7's" and see what comes up.... http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=94269&highlight=7's"

Play around with it for a while. Not everyone uses Numerology in their readings but I personally feel it helps to give it more depth.

MariposAzl

Well, I don't know what "kind" of numerology I use, but when I learned about it (through books and what I found online), the information that corresponded to the meanings of the numbers was pretty much the same:
1. the begining and all about self
2. duality and balance
3. expression in any manner (artistically, creatively, even the expression of love between 2 people resulting in creation of a child)
4. foundation and structure
5. forcefull change (like a hurricane energy)
6. love and the relationships between people and/or things
7. high spirituality, insight, inner wisdom
8. power, inner stregnth, and repetative cycles
9. the culmination of things, endings
10. (which reduces back to 1), transitions from ending to beginning
11. this is a master number meaning it's vibration is very high so it's highly spiritual in regard to it's original numbers and their representations: 1-the number of self, and 2 (which you get when you take the 11 and reduce it by adding 1+1) which is the number of duality and balance
22. also a master numbers and can be treated the same as 11.

To me, every card in the tarot relates to the above meanings and I almost always use numerology in my readings especially when I can't quite figure out how a certain card relates to a person's question.

I will look to see if I can find where I found this information on numerology and post it later. I got it from a website quite a while ago, but it was such a big help for me. Hopefully it still exists :(

Sinduction

Maybe I should have been clearer. What I mean is that how I've learned the numbers in tarot are not at all what those same numbers mean in numerology.

Is there a system that incorporates the majors and their corresponding minors? It just seems to me that there must be. If all 5 cards are a 7 then they all should have some commonality. Like the trump somehow rules the 4 minors.

I don't want something I have to bend and stretch to make it work. I was wondering if such a system already exists.

It could very well be that I was looking at the wrong kind of numerology.

rwcarter

Sinduction said:
Is there a system that incorporates the majors and their corresponding minors? It just seems to me that there must be. If all 5 cards are a 7 then they all should have some commonality. Like the trump somehow rules the 4 minors.
Mary Greer has a book called Tarot Constellations that covers that very topic. Got mine over a decade ago, so don't know if it's still in print or not.

HTH,
Rodney

bigcaat

rwcarter said:
Mary Greer has a book called Tarot Constellations that covers that very topic. Got mine over a decade ago, so don't know if it's still in print or not.

HTH,
Rodney
That book does appear to be out of print, and selling at a pretty hefty used price.

Try looking it up here: http://worldcat.org/ to find the nearest library to you that carries it.

Good Luck,
Caat

Sinduction

I do have that book but it doesn't go into the numerology.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good numerology system. I'm looking at the chadlean, it seems to be what I'm looking for.

Thanks to all of you. :D