Offering one I-Ching Reading

13thFaeChylde

I've had an I-Ching deck for sometime, and recently found a very user-friendly book to go with it, and would like to try it out on someone!

I'm not too familiar with it, but want to practice.

poivre

I would like a reading ,please. I have studied this but have not had much luck. Let me know.
Thanks,
ros

13thFaeChylde

You're it!
Just send me your name and birthdate....I'll post it here when I get it done.

It will be done by Friday :)

13thFaeChylde

I haven't had any alone time yet, but am thinking that the children will go visit grandma sometime today....I'm shooting for doing your reading tonight.

13thFaeChylde

I'm halfway there, Ros...it's just much trickier than I thought it would be (since the book and cards don't correspond numerically).

I should be done this evening :)

13thFaeChylde

Here you go, Ros....the book that came with the deck is very different from the how-to book I bought to figure out the deck with. I think there are (at least) two methods of reading the I Ching...and these seem to be opposing.

Present~*~
K'un
Earth over Earth
Nature, Earth, Creation

---- ----
---- ----
---- ----
---- ----
---- ----
---- ----

The K'un hexagram symbolizes the earth and represents the idea of yielding, gentleness, submissiveness and obediance. It is the dark and maternal. K'un is the opposite of the preceding Ch'ien hexagram; the six lines are all yin, or broken. The yang force represents giving, a strong or tough character or disposition, and postive movement or progress, while the yin represents receiving, compliancy, negativeness, and passivity. Therefore when you arrive at this hexagram, you should be yielding like a mare, doing your duty or fulfilling your role and listening to and follwoing the advice of your elders. In this way, through steadfastness, your prospects will open up in the near future.

THE FORTUNE

Do not be rash or reckless and do not act in a radical, heedless manner. Maintain the present. Carefully and attentively do your duty. Follow the ideas and thoughts of the capable and the wise and you will be benefited.

Wish: Cannot be accomplished right away. But do not be impatient and nervous. Success is possible thru proceeding step by step in an orderly fasion and thru persistence.

Marriage: A meek, obedient and yielding bride.

Love: Success possible, but you must not be selfish or disregard the feelings of the other. Overly impatient or impetusou behavior will end in failure.

Family: Safe, sound and happy

Children: Many children, compatible and happy, girls will outnumber boys. Pregnancy - girl.

Capital loan: The loan cannot be settled at once. You will realize your goal if you patiently persist.

Business: You should not take action; best to wait for a better opportunity.

Stock market: Prices are low, buy now and wait for an opportunity to sell.

Life span: physically weak, but if you take care of yourself you can have a long life.

Sickness: Afflictions of the abdominal region; not serious, but if neglected they will become chronic.

Waiting for someone: This person will not appear at once, but maybe a few days later.

Looking for someone: Nearby, look to the southwest.

Lost article: If it is not inside the house, it is lost. Look in the southwest.

Travel: It is best not to go on a trip for a while.

13thFaeChylde

More...from the deck book...

All bonds of matter sundered, all rigidities of structure let go, and all life's vicissitudes ended by a return to the fertile depths of the tomb-womb. This is never a concious goal, yet it is the only real goal of all life's forms, whch return to the earth whether they will or not.

Ancient Europe personified the all-devouring Earth Mother as Hel, or Holde, or Holle, or Halja, who dwelt in the underworld wth her mighty serpent, her first consort. She presided over the earth cauldron where all forms of life were recombined and recycled.