OMM 06/10 to 06/17 SixDegrees and Baroli

Baroli

The Spread:

****1****
*2**3**4*
****5****

1) What you are hoping for -- there's two ways this card could be selected, by either drawing a card normally for this position when you draw cards for the rest of the spread, or by picking a card out of the deck before doing the spread that you feel is representative of what you are hoping for.
2) Roadblocks to be overcome
3) Where you can find your courage
4) Advice for fighting for it
5) What awaits you if you follow through

Hello SixDegrees,

Looking forward to working with you. Any particular focus? Just let the cards speak for mine.

SixDegrees

Hello! Thank you for setting this up. No particular focus for me either. I'd just like to see what they say...

Baroli

ok, will do.

SixDegrees

Hello Baroli! Here is your reading. I used the Vertical Oracle.

****1****
*2**3**4*
****5****

1) What you are hoping for -- Total Commitment (This card actually fell out of the deck while shuffling, so I went with it.)
2) Roadblocks to be overcome -- Fragile
3) Where you can find your courage -- Adventure
4) Advice for fighting for it -- Vertical
5) What awaits you if you follow through -- Shelter

Hmmm...it strikes me that you might be a little listless right now. Overdrawn, perhaps, and invested in so many practical projects that you really can't give much attention to any one of them. You hope and yearn for Total Commitment to something, something that will inflame your zest for life--and probably something less tangible that what you are (pre)occupied with now. I say this because of the advice card, Vertical. In this oracle, "the vertical" refers to one's personal beliefs and spirituality, as opposed to "the horizontal," or the shared, mundane reality we all inhabit. This says to me that you need to concentrate on the invisible, mystical aspects of your life a bit more. As such, the commitment in question may be a fundamentally emotional one directed at another person. Or perhaps it is to yourself. I'm not sure. Whatever it is, it is a commitment to something like love, philosophy or religion, something ethereal that animates us as human beings. And it is absolutely, undeniably singular.

What stops you from achieving this type of investment is a fear of being broken in the process (Fragile). You may be a very receptive person, sensitive even, and opening yourself up to this level of dedication may be more than you can handle at this moment. For example, if this is a new spiritual path, you may feel that you would be overwhelmed by dogma. If this is an emotional investment, you may fear the other person hurting you (as others have?). You feel you cannot bear the weight of this Total Commitment. However, you can change this perception and realize the tremendous inner strength you have by going out and doing things you never thought possible (Adventure). Investigate, explore, take risks, be messy...all of these are ways that you can generate--or uncover--the courage you need to totally commit yourself to this thing.

If you do indeed go Adventuring and dispel these notions of your frailty, then this newfound ability to commit to something completely will lead to a greater sense of overall well-being (Shelter). In Total Commitment we open ourselves up to all sorts of possible harm, but in return we can also receive unparalleled feelings of protection and support. I believe that undergoing this process will result in a unique feeling of serenity. Again, if this is a spiritual matter, it suggests to me that you will develop a powerful bedrock of new understandings. If this is an emotional situation with another person, surrender completely--it will be worth it.

I hope this makes sense. I look forward to your reading. Thank you for letting me read for you!

Baroli

Your Reading

I used Victorian Flower Oracle for your reading. I have enclosed the cards as well. Thank you so much for letting me read for you.

The Spread:

****1****
*2**3**4*
****5****

1) What you are hoping for -- there's two ways this card could be selected, by either drawing a card normally for this position when you draw cards for the rest of the spread, or by picking a card out of the deck before doing the spread that you feel is representative of what you are hoping for.

1) What you are hoping for - Lilac. This is one of my favorite flowers and although I can no longer stick my nose into them, being so allergic, I think of the flower and in my minds nose can smell it's fragrance. The fragrance takes me back to a time of my childhood when things were simpler and happy. If you look at the woman in the picure she is gathering lilac branches and is listening to the beetle relay some sort of message or thought. Perhaps what you hope for is a message from someone from your past, maybe not long past, but someone of recent.

2) Roadblocks to be overcome - Opium poppy. I think with this message, perhaps received or maybe perceived, you want to make sure that this indeed is the real thing. I keep getting in my mind that you are hoping to hear from someone who has passed. Is this true? Perhaps this person has been leaving messages for you and want to make sure that this is not a figment of your imagination? You need to understand that what speaks to you, what leaves behind a message is real, it is not something you conjured up.

3) Where you can find courage - Flax I think your message has to do with what you want to do with yourself and what you see yourself as being. If it is what you love to do, if it was you feel you were "born" to do, then take root in it and thrive. Just as flax seed will take root and grow and bear a beautiful flower, you need to take root in what it is that makes you happy, makes you want to get up out of bed in the morning and grow in it and thrive; be you.

4) Advice for fighting for it - The flower ball. In this card, all the flowers are there and they are all dancing and fighting for position,...except one, which is you. You sedately and serenely walk into the ball and quietly move the others out of the way; some look around and see you, others stand idlely and gossip, but you are the one that is walking forth. I would do what it is that you want to do despite opposition, despite the gossip, despite what roadblocks are being thrown in your way. Life is way too short, you have to be happy with who you are and what you do.

5) What awaits for you if you follow through - SweetPea. lol, this is a name I use when I am fond of someone,...I call them sweetpea. In the card, it seems the sweetpeas have been through some sort of drought and one has found the watering cans and is drinking deeply from it. The others are giving thanks to have found them. Notice that with the water, if we think of water as emotions and psychic power and nourishment, it all makes sense. The one sweetpea, (you) have found what you have been seeking and can drink of it completely. She is allowing herself the nourishment she needs to thrive.

If you have been in a quandry as to what you want to be when you grow up, I think the Universe is telling you to pursue your craft in Tarot and/or Oracle reading. You will be very successful at it despite what everyone says and will do in order to cast doubts in your head. I believe the Universe is telling you have a natural gift for all this and you should nourish it and take root and let it grow.

Baroli

Baroli

Feedback

SixDegrees said:
Hello Baroli! Here is your reading. I used the Vertical Oracle.

Hmmm...it strikes me that you might be a little listless right now. Overdrawn, perhaps, and invested in so many practical projects that you really can't give much attention to any one of them. You hope and yearn for Total Commitment to something, something that will inflame your zest for life--and probably something less tangible that what you are (pre)occupied with now. I say this because of the advice card, Vertical. In this oracle, "the vertical" refers to one's personal beliefs and spirituality, as opposed to "the horizontal," or the shared, mundane reality we all inhabit. This says to me that you need to concentrate on the invisible, mystical aspects of your life a bit more. As such, the commitment in question may be a fundamentally emotional one directed at another person. Or perhaps it is to yourself. I'm not sure. Whatever it is, it is a commitment to something like love, philosophy or religion, something ethereal that animates us as human beings. And it is absolutely, undeniably singular.

What stops you from achieving this type of investment is a fear of being broken in the process (Fragile). You may be a very receptive person, sensitive even, and opening yourself up to this level of dedication may be more than you can handle at this moment. For example, if this is a new spiritual path, you may feel that you would be overwhelmed by dogma. If this is an emotional investment, you may fear the other person hurting you (as others have?). You feel you cannot bear the weight of this Total Commitment. However, you can change this perception and realize the tremendous inner strength you have by going out and doing things you never thought possible (Adventure). Investigate, explore, take risks, be messy...all of these are ways that you can generate--or uncover--the courage you need to totally commit yourself to this thing.

If you do indeed go Adventuring and dispel these notions of your frailty, then this newfound ability to commit to something completely will lead to a greater sense of overall well-being (Shelter). In Total Commitment we open ourselves up to all sorts of possible harm, but in return we can also receive unparalleled feelings of protection and support. I believe that undergoing this process will result in a unique feeling of serenity. Again, if this is a spiritual matter, it suggests to me that you will develop a powerful bedrock of new understandings. If this is an emotional situation with another person, surrender completely--it will be worth it.

I hope this makes sense. I look forward to your reading. Thank you for letting me read for you!

You have hit on a subject that is very near and dear to my heart, which is making a total commitment to reading for a living. Not a parttime thing, but a fulltime occupation of my time. It has always been in the back of my mind, but could never get there because of location and logistics and oh any number of roadblocks that I enjoyed putting up. Yep that's right, I am my own worst enemy.

There is a fear that I won't succeed because afterall, one does need to pay the bills, but to have the experience of reading and doing exactly what one knows they are supposed to do is such a joy.

I would say that this would also apply to my love life, but since there isn't one lol,.....oh well, maybe in a way this is also predictory in that aspect as well.

It is funny you picked up on the Adventuring aspect as that is indeed what I intend to do in a few weeks, have an adventure out west. And you know, we need to have adventures in order to grow and become more of what we want to be,...what we are meant to be.

This is a great reading and I thank you very much for it! :thumbsup:

SixDegrees

Baroli said:
I used Victorian Flower Oracle for your reading. I have enclosed the cards as well. Thank you so much for letting me read for you.

The Spread:

****1****
*2**3**4*
****5****

1) What you are hoping for - Lilac. This is one of my favorite flowers and although I can no longer stick my nose into them, being so allergic, I think of the flower and in my minds nose can smell it's fragrance. The fragrance takes me back to a time of my childhood when things were simpler and happy. If you look at the woman in the picure she is gathering lilac branches and is listening to the beetle relay some sort of message or thought. Perhaps what you hope for is a message from someone from your past, maybe not long past, but someone of recent.

2) Roadblocks to be overcome - Opium poppy. I think with this message, perhaps received or maybe perceived, you want to make sure that this indeed is the real thing. I keep getting in my mind that you are hoping to hear from someone who has passed. Is this true? Perhaps this person has been leaving messages for you and want to make sure that this is not a figment of your imagination? You need to understand that what speaks to you, what leaves behind a message is real, it is not something you conjured up.

3) Where you can find courage - Flax I think your message has to do with what you want to do with yourself and what you see yourself as being. If it is what you love to do, if it was you feel you were "born" to do, then take root in it and thrive. Just as flax seed will take root and grow and bear a beautiful flower, you need to take root in what it is that makes you happy, makes you want to get up out of bed in the morning and grow in it and thrive; be you.

4) Advice for fighting for it - The flower ball. In this card, all the flowers are there and they are all dancing and fighting for position,...except one, which is you. You sedately and serenely walk into the ball and quietly move the others out of the way; some look around and see you, others stand idlely and gossip, but you are the one that is walking forth. I would do what it is that you want to do despite opposition, despite the gossip, despite what roadblocks are being thrown in your way. Life is way too short, you have to be happy with who you are and what you do.

5) What awaits for you if you follow through - SweetPea. lol, this is a name I use when I am fond of someone,...I call them sweetpea. In the card, it seems the sweetpeas have been through some sort of drought and one has found the watering cans and is drinking deeply from it. The others are giving thanks to have found them. Notice that with the water, if we think of water as emotions and psychic power and nourishment, it all makes sense. The one sweetpea, (you) have found what you have been seeking and can drink of it completely. She is allowing herself the nourishment she needs to thrive.

If you have been in a quandry as to what you want to be when you grow up, I think the Universe is telling you to pursue your craft in Tarot and/or Oracle reading. You will be very successful at it despite what everyone says and will do in order to cast doubts in your head. I believe the Universe is telling you have a natural gift for all this and you should nourish it and take root and let it grow.

Baroli

All very interesting. I think I can apply this a few different ways.

I've been having some bizarre dreams as of late. Nothing scary or disturbing...just strange. Like, people I haven't thought about in years show up next to me on a bus. I usually remember my dreams, but not with the frequency and clarity that I have been remembering these. You mention that the message I am receiving may be from some otherworldly source. Perhaps I should pay more attention to these dreams? Typically, I don't view dreams as anything more than reflections of one's inner state, but I am open to the possibility that there is some message here. Hmmm...

The other thing I thought of when I read your post was that perhaps this OMM exchange is the message I have been waiting for. As you indicate, I am struggling right now over what I want to do with my life. Essentially, I am being torn between academic and non-academic paths (and am currently attempting to forge the two). Though I have certainly entertained the notion of reading as a living, and though people I have read for have suggested I look into it, I have similar doubts as you: Will I be able to pay the bills? Is this really practical? I appreciate the advice you have for me here, whatever path I end up with. Perhaps the best way for me to sort though these options is to figure out which one nourishes me the most. That one will become my roots, while the other interests become my leaves and flowers (couldn't resist with the Flower Oracle!). Sound advice.

Thank you so much for the reading, and for attaching pictures. They really helped me ruminate about the spread. I hope we get to work together again sometime!