Oracle lovers vs. Tarot lovers

diane drizzy

I tried so hard to work with the tarot,but for some reason I couldn't connect. It just wasn't a natural flow for me.

Then I started reading the Faeries Oracle forum and knew I had to try them. For me it's the best thing I've done. As someone else had said, I know so much more about myself. I was also able to "read" them right away!

Lady Eclipse

Hi SongDiva!

I like and use both consistently. Granted, I have far more tarot decks in my possession than oracle decks but I think both are equally important.

I will choose a deck to read with based on what my intuition tells me about the situation in question. Sometimes, I will grab a trusty tarot deck like one of my own creations or the Quest. Other times, I'll reach for either my C.C. Deck or Fairy Ring. But, just like with tarot, if the deck doesn't appeal to me, the book is rambling, or not well written, I'll pass it by in favor of something that is. I have A LOT of tarot decks that fall into this category. They all ended up sitting on a shelf in my collection in the "Wish I hadn't bought/received it" section, otherwise known to close friends as the shelf with the more simple, but harsh moniker labeled "Deck Disasters."

My experience has shown me that using both tarot and oracle can be very informative and enlightening. :)

Joy to you,
Maralee

dolphingirl

I like ot read with both my oracle decks and my tarot decks. One of the oracle decks I love the most is Self Care Cards. I often use these to pull a last card for my tarot readings as I find these cards quite positive and give peole a goal to work towards.

I do find that I use my tarot deck smore often than oracle decks but use both of them at times and often together.

Samantha

lunakasha

dolphingirl said:
I like ot read with both my oracle decks and my tarot decks. One of the oracle decks I love the most is Self Care Cards. I often use these to pull a last card for my tarot readings as I find these cards quite positive and give peole a goal to work towards.

I do find that I use my tarot deck smore often than oracle decks but use both of them at times and often together.

Samantha

I agree, dolphingirl....I love them both equally!!! It really depends upon what I am in the mood for that day...I think both tarot and non-tarot cards have something to offer, and the non-tarot cards are fun and interesting because they don't have the structure of tarot...for me that means another perspective for interpreting the cards, which keeps things exciting! :D

I also love the Self-Care cards...beautiful and inspiring!

:) Luna

BlueLotus

Although I now read mainly with tarot cards, I occasionaly like to take out my Mediciine Cards and/or Sacred Path Cards to read with and get a different perspective on things.

I find that doing so gets me some amazingly insightful results, even more than if I read with them ( the non-tarot decks) on a regular basis, and I take special note of the cards that come up in the reading ( I usually draw just one card from each ).

I admit though that I hadn't been doing many readings using the Tao Oracle and Healing with the Fairies Oracle although I think they also offer great insights, when I get to them.

starsongs

I like and use both Tarot and Oracle decks.

The oracle decks I've used mostly for myself so far.

My favorite Oracle decks are the Sacred Geometry Oracle deck by Francene Hart and Wisdom Of The Four Winds by Barry Brailsford. The concepts and structures are prettty amazing, and readings done with these 2 Oracles can be most enlightening.

I've just gotten the Tao oracle in a trade, and hope to work more with it soon.

To read for others most often I use Tarot Decks, though would like to try the oracle decks out more.

starsongs

tatsi

You don't have to choose between Tarot or Oracles

You don't have to choose between Tarot or Oracles. Many times they complement each other when you use both in a reading session. It really depends on your intuition when deciding which deck to use would be best suited to answer the question being posed.

I totally agree if you just don't like the deck or the book is poorly written, you should not get it.

tatsi

CloeCat

depends, but lean toword oracles

I started with tarot, loved the pictures and feel but must admit I it was hard learning the sistem of it until I had a friend who said, "stop trying to do it their way and do what you feel." So thats how I learned, my way and a little later with the help of the book "A Magical Course on Tarot." Those I read for said they perffered my way when I changed to my style/way. Eventually I took a class and I continue to learn bits and peices as I'm sure others are.

Then I found oracles, (I have quite a few now), and found that they flow so well with energy readings. I do not have to think so much with say my Druid Animal Oracle and its so much quicker than tarot, though I still take my time looking over the spreds and seeing what cards came up- I feel energy/ information even before I flip and sometimes even put then down. This has happened with tarot, but I feel that some of the fear of tarot or getting certan cards like the tower or death puts people on gard with their energy or something. I get the imprssion people feel more open with oracles and many are polled to the animals or fairies, etc.

I read with tarot for others, but more and more with oracles.
Many purrrs,
CloeCat

Shadow Wolf

I find myself using my Oracle Decks more than my Tarot Decks. I just think they are easier to use. I seem to connect better with oracle decks lately.

I still use my Tarot decks but I seem to run in cycles, right now I'm in an
oracle deck cycle.