Organizing cards.

hermit-IX

Do you read the cards in the order that they show up or do you re organize them. Like all pentacles together. Or all cards you feel are positive negative. Or all cards you feel area dressing a specific issue. Etc.

Grizabella

I just read them in the order they come up. Once in awhile if a Major shows up in a 3-card spread, I might put the Major in between the two Minors and read them like that.

But since you're the reader, you can do whatever works best for you. Experiment and see how things work best for you. :)

Coming back to add that I do take mental note of how many cards of a suit there are in a larger spread, or how many Majors compared to Minors. Or make mental note of the cards with the same number. I don't actually move the cards around, though.

hermit-IX

I just read them in the order they come up. Once in awhile if a Major shows up in a 3-card spread, I might put the Major in between the two Minors and read them like that.

But since you're the reader, you can do whatever works best for you. Experiment and see how things work best for you. :)

Coming back to add that I do take mental note of how many cards of a suit there are in a larger spread, or how many Majors compared to Minors. Or make mental note of the cards with the same number. I don't actually move the cards around, though.

Do you mentally group them together?

Grizabella

Not always. Sometimes I do, like if there are three 3's or more than one court card or something like that. Or more of one suit than another. It all depends on what strikes me at the time. I don't always do things the same way. I do what my intuition tells me at any given time. :)

rwcarter

I will consider groupings of cards (suit or rank) when doing an overview of the reading after interpreting the individual cards. But I read the cards where they lay without moving them around.

Rodney

Sassyinkpen

I usually read them in the order they came up, because I'm usually using some kind of spread. However, I often like to rearrange them after, to gain more insight.

nisaba

Do you read the cards in the order that they show up or do you re organize them. Like all pentacles together. Or all cards you feel are positive negative. Or all cards you feel area dressing a specific issue. Etc.

I lay them out in a spread with definite positions, in the order I pull them. They will always tell the story. I don't mess with the order they come out: the order is crucial to the reading, I find.

Your mileage may differ.

Farzon

An interesting idea. I usually use a spread of some sort and read them in the order they came up. Sometimes, after the reading, I rearrange them to check the elemental balance.

But I guess if you order them after positive or negative influence, that could produce a very interesting reading as well! Now you got me all fired up for reading tonight! [emoji4]

CharlotteK

I have recently developed a habit of putting this into predetermined positions in the order they come out, interpreting them, assembling a basic story, then if it's a bigger spread (5 cards for me!) I mentally group them by suit to see if anything is dominant, or by numbers. I did one this eve that out of five cards had three 2s including HP so that gave me good additional info. But I'm still new to this and still experimenting.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

UniversesCollide

I always do the main reading in the order the cards were drawn and placed. I do add layers to the reading by looking at and reading into other connections and themes though.