Orphalese Software (very) Beginner Question

Lunalyn

is this a tarot reading program?
and if it is what is the difference between setting out your cards on your table and setting them out on this program?

just like to know.
thanks
lyn

gregory

Lunalyn - yes, it is a tarot reading programme; it lays the cards out for you, shuffles and the rest. You can save your readings and design your own spreads. I can't answer everything as I am away from the machine that has it on - but I like it a lot.
AprilFool said:
Gregory, I downloaded the free software (Tarot of Dreams edition), and poked around in the instructions but didn't see exactly how to scan my decks. I am 95% likely to pay for the full version, but I had a question about the process of scanning before I pay. Maybe the Help section gets more complete after you pay, or maybe I just missed the topic I am interested in. Perhaps you can help me understand?

Here's the specific question I have: do you scan each and every card separately, and the software "knows" how to crop it to look like a card, or do you have to draw a rectangle around it to crop it?

The other side to that question would be: can you scan in a bunch of cards side by side on a scanner and crop them to separate images?
You can indeed scan in a bunch of cards; save the image with several cards on it and then crop and save each card separately. From bitter experience - save a copy of the group scan before doing this, for the day you accidentally "save" the cropped version and overwrite the original file. :( ;)

As to the rest - that is moderately detailed; I will type it up and PM you later; not everyone needs to read it. And I can't do long posts on this connection - even this one has killed the connection and I am redialling as we speak !

Lunalyn

gregory

thanks gregory for that info.
don't worry about the PM. I don't think I am that interested in the program at this stage. I'll wait and see how I go with my tarot first.
I may consider it at a later time.

thanks again for taking the trouble.
lyn

Ms Magpie

I just downloaded this software before work, wish I would have had time to play with it before leaving, but I do think I will purchase, the cards are beautiful and has a real nice feeling!

I also noticed that someone already uploaded one of my favourite old time decks, Guilded Tarot.

Barbara

ilweran

AprilFool said:
Here's the specific question I have: do you scan each and every card separately, and the software "knows" how to crop it to look like a card, or do you have to draw a rectangle around it to crop it?

Just a quick point in case your scanner is like mine - I scanned a deck to use on my iPod Touch and found the scanner could automatically detect the size of the object being scanned so I didn't need to crop anything.