Ostara Ritual-To-Go Preliminaries

Kiama

Greetings! I 'volunteered' ;p to lead the Ostara ritual, so, here goes nothing!

Ostara is known by many other names: Spring Equinox, Mean Earraigh, Eostre, Easter, Alban Eilir, Festival of the Trees, Lady Day, and is one of the two times in the year that night and day are of equal length. It is the time when Spring begins, and the Sun is gaining even more power each day. At this time, birds begin nesting and laying eggs. This festival is usually celebrated on the 21st of March, but this year is the 20th. It is a time to celebrate the coming of Spring, and look forward to the lush Summer months ahead. We look to renewing ourselves, planting the seeds of dreams inside us and watching them grow, encouraging them and caring for them. It is an excellent time to begin anything new, and is also good for prosperity rituals.

At this time, the Goddess has recovered from Her child-bed, and eagerly awaits Her lover, who is about to leave the Underworld, and join Her once again. At this time we think of Divine pairs such as Aphrodite and Adonis, Angus Mac Og and Boann, and Isis and Osiris. The Divine couple's growth is reflected in the growth of Nature, with the fields growing greener, the flowers resurfacing, and animals mating.

Traditions at this time include painting eggs, giving chocolate eggs, and lighting fires at Dawn. In some country places today, eggs are hidden in the stores of seed grain and left there all season to bless the sowing and encourage the seeds to sprout. Dressed as mummers, 'pace-eggers' go from house to house and demand eggs and money in return for a short play or dance.

Our ritual will begin on the 7th of February, and the basic outline will be (Unless anyone really wants to change it):

Calling the Quarters
Blessing chant
Invocation of the Goddess
Invocation of the God
Statement of purpose

*Participants should all have with them a piece of paper which has written on it something which they wish to plant, and encourage to grow in the coming months. This could be a relationship, understanding, creativity, a business venture, etc... Each partipant will 'plant' their 'seed' in the centre of the Circle, and all will focus on the growth of our dreams.*

We will then focus on what this time of year means to us individually, and if possible, share it with the other celebrants.
Individual prayers and blessings
Simple Feast
Thanking and Dismissing the Quarters
Close the Circle.

Well, if anyone has any ideas, please let me know! I'd appreciate any help fo his one that you guys can give me, cuz Im pretty much stumped. Although Meewah and ArizonaGirl hve been a great help. (Thanks :* )

Kiama

Kiama

OOPS! Forgot to describe the altar set-up! Well, the altar is covered with a cloth, and laden with eggs (One from each participant, which will be painted by that person,) to symbolise new life and fertility, daffodils, to symbolise the Spring, bloom crocuses, green candles, and Jasmine incense will be burning. Celebrants are invited to wear anything they want, but traditionally, people wear green and white at this time.

Kiama

MeeWah

Kiama: The program looks wonderful!
Am looking forward to participating!

arizonagirl

Looking forward to participating. I've been having so many problems with the Forum lately. I keep getting the Internal Server Error, so reading posts is dicey.

Kaz

I will stop by to drop an egg :)

Kaz

Kiama

Just a reminder to you all to let you know that the ritual is beginning on the 7th.

Kiama

.dc

kiama,

i wanna participate. i'd like to add a statement or do anything else , if there are open spots.

please email me and let me know when/how i can join in.,

thanks,
.dc

Kiama

.dc: There is a part where each particpant, if they want, can do their own little bit. It's after the Statement of Purpose. I'll post a bit saying that anyone who wants to, can do their own little thing. Also in this part, will be the 'seed planting'.

Kiama

.dc

kiama,

kewl... looking forward to adding my energy and thoughts into the mix.

blessed be,
.dc