Pagan tarot by Pace

olivia1

I want to get the pagan tarot by Ms. Price because it looks fairly relatable because the images are the most modern I have seen ( though granted the pictures look very dated since it is 2016). How do you find it as a reading deck. The deck looks fairly well rounded ( not overly sweet or optimistic with a good balance of light and dark images). But I want your opinion. I am still disappointed over my last deck purchase.

Ps. I am particularly interested from hearing from someone currently working with the deck since this is a fairly old deck but I'd like to know to why if even drew you to working with it now when there are newer decks. Also what you think of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MaeWasteland

I want to get the pagan tarot by Ms. Price because it looks fairly relatable because the images are the most modern I have seen

I don't have either deck (yet) so I'm afraid I can't comment on them, but just thought you might also like this deck if you're after another option with a more modern (but still pagan/witchy) setting http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/book-of-shadows-so-below/

I like this one a bit better, from what I've seen of them both, partly because I like the fact that it includes people of colour (I've seen several cards with black people and a few with people who from what I can tell look Asian, plus one or two who I think may be Native American?) whereas the Pagan deck looks very white - I'm all for encouraging more diversity in tarot, obviously your mileage may vary as to whether this is a key factor for you! (OTOH I am intrigued by the fact that the Pagan deck seems, from what I've read, to feature one specific witch in most/all of the cards, that seems like it could be a very interesting and fairly unique 'feature'.)

Drat... *adds them both to wishlist*

olivia1

I don't have either deck (yet) so I'm afraid I can't comment on them, but just thought you might also like this deck if you're after another option with a more modern (but still pagan/witchy) setting http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/book-of-shadows-so-below/

I like this one a bit better, from what I've seen of them both, partly because I like the fact that it includes people of colour (I've seen several cards with black people and a few with people who from what I can tell look Asian, plus one or two who I think may be Native American?) whereas the Pagan deck looks very white - I'm all for encouraging more diversity in tarot, obviously your mileage may vary as to whether this is a key factor for you! (OTOH I am intrigued by the fact that the Pagan deck seems, from what I've read, to feature one specific witch in most/all of the cards, that seems like it could be a very interesting and fairly unique 'feature'.)

Drat... *adds them both to wishlist*

Omg thank you!!! You are a gem. I do think I want this and want to learn more. Do you have this deck as well or just eying it yourself?? Thank you!

olivia1

That's the one. Wil you please correct the title? I don't think it let's me at this point

rwcarter

Title corrected.

ncharge

It reads very, very well for me. It is a very practical deck, even when talking about spiritual matters. It brings things into the day-to-day physical world and it has always been spot-on.

olivia1

It reads very, very well for me. It is a very practical deck, even when talking about spiritual matters. It brings things into the day-to-day physical world and it has always been spot-on.

Thank you ncharge. That is very helpful.

rubyalison

Some of the cards have challenged me, like The Tower, but I find that interesting. In general I think it gives a fresh perspective.

Overall I like this deck. I use it once in a while, and usually find myself thinking I should use it more often when I do.

That being said, I don't care for the Pages, referred to as Elementals in this deck... But not enough to put me off the deck as a whole.