Particular Cards

Salandria

Hi,
Well I'm new to tarot and I'm having a lot of fun learning about each card but I've noticed I feel particularly close to the fool and have to say atm it's my favourite card.

Do you think that's because the fool is representing me with my quest in Tarot?

Do you feel particularly close to any card?

Blessings,
Sal.

Oh and sorry if this has been discussed before. :D

KSPisces

I've always been pretty sure that I'm hiding behind the Queen of Swords throne somewhere. LOL!

Salandria

xD Lol. And why do you think that is?

nisaba

I've found over the years that I have grown into and out of many different cards.

And then there's the cards you identify with, as opposed to the cards you don't, but which fascinate you.

For example, I originally identified with the Queen Swords as an independent, clear-thinking woman, then I shifted to the Hermit, then the Queen Wands. Now I'm pretty much Queen Pentacles, or possibly female-knight Pentacles.

for the second group, I have a number of different decks, and I find in different decks I like different cards more or less than in other decks. For instance, my most recent acquisition, the Cary-Yale Visconti, has a card called in the LWB "Faith", and the LWB equates it with The Pope. These cards were never labelled or named, and to me because hte central figure is a woman wearing a papal headdress and other regalia of the office, I call her "The Papess". She is, apparently, a portrait of MAnfreda Visconti, ancestor of the Family that commissioned the deck, who was elected the world's first female Pope by a heretical sect, only to be burnt at the stake by the incumbent. I have spent *much* more time with that particular card than with any other High Priestess or Papess card in my life before, and not because I am identifying with her and consider myself her, but because I am thinking of Manfreda Visconti and thinking about her life and death. Yet at the very same time in other decks I'm fond of, the same card is not fascinating me.

I suppose I am saying there are some cards you will relate to because at that sage of your life you will be living out that archetype, and you'll feel less strongly about it and more strongly about another card as you change and grow. then there are also the cards you might find viually or artistically interesting, or historically interesting, or cards that remind you of your best childhood friend or something, which you bond with for a while, then move on from.

Perhaps your current relationship with the Fool *is* because you're at the start of this important relationship with Tarot, or perhaps it is about your openness to expose yourself to new things, the innocence and enthusiasm of those who take a step on a path without knowing or fearing where it might take them.

Good luck.

Salandria

What you say does make sense, and its a feeling I get, like I'm on a journey the same as the fool, that I kind of relate to him the most. It is the most exciting thing and I'm looking forward to the future experiences in Tarot.

I thank you for your insight and your relationship with different cards in different decks is interesting :).

Sal.

Lilija

I can see how the Fool would mean something to you, at this stage. It's a powerful card, and can be very motivational. It could be your "forever" personal mascot card, or it could represent this particular phase in your life.

My soul card is the Chariot, so I naturally feel a bond with it. If I'm feeling in a rut, or frustrated, or bored, I will often pull my very favorite rendition of The Chariot out of my Druidcraft deck, and spend some time with it.

Also, I am very drawn to the Strength card. I have bought decks solely on the merit of the Strength card. The lady and the lion and their subtle relationship in each deck is very intriguing and important to me. The whole tone of the deck can be setup by that relationship, sometimes. A deck with a version of Strength that doesn't work for me is a huge turnoff, to me, and I find that I don't like reading with that deck, and don't turn to it. I have two like this, in my collection, and they're very close to being gifted or traded.

It's quite common for readers to seize on a card or a few cards that they're particularly close with. I know if the Chariot or Strength comes up in any personal readings, my heart does a little leap, and I feel that much better about whatever messages are there.

Salandria

Those are both very strong cards :). I'd like to see over time if this card is the card that will always be my mascot, or as time passes and I grow even more that I associate with different cards, but I think I'll always have a soft-spot for the Innocent fool :)

Lilija

Do you know how to figure out your soul card? If you know yours, an interesting excersise would be to pull out the Fool, and your soul card, and see how they correlate. Just spend time looking at the two cards, and drawing them together, like you would in a reading. I bet you'll learn a lot about your cards, and yourself that way.

Salandria

No i don't know how to figure out my soul card.

A friend who did tarot when she was younger said the card that comes out the most in readings (i've never done a reading, well a full reading yet) is my soul card. Hers was the stars.

214red

yes i feel drawn to a number of cards that make me smile when they come out, and usually they are elements in the card i identify with