Past Lives books

celticnoodle

My slant on past lives is perhaps not relevant here? As a hypnotherapist I have taken people on a journey back to their past lives and have also experienced this myself. However I am not convinced that we are able to recall previous lives; to me a more likely cause is that our mind is using stories to help solve issues, problems and challenges we are facing in the here and now. I have known people (myself included) who have gained much insight into their current life through a regression they have had. What does it matter if the experience assists them in healing and moving forward.
Spiderwoman

what a very interesting occupation you have, spiderwoman! wow! I can understand what you believe and I am sometimes believing the same thing, but then........

I just don't know.

especially when I read/hear of stories, such as of one woman who suddenly began to speak in a foreign language, one that she had never heard or studied before, and she recalled that in a previous life (not all that distant), she was another woman, living in this foreign country (foreign as not in the USA)--married and the mother of children.

She was able to describe that life in detail. Finally they researched this--and found the home AND children! All was 100% correct and the children were shocked to hear all this. I can't recall if the hub was still alive--but I think the woman had died young and then 20-30 years or so, this woman was born. She was an adult when all this came back to her after an illness/accident, whatever.

As you can tell, I don't really remember much of it, :laugh: but I recall either reading about this story or seeing it on television some years back.

It did leave a huge impression on me. Just not enough to remember more details, I'm afraid! :D

daphne

My slant on past lives is perhaps not relevant here? As a hypnotherapist I have taken people on a journey back to their past lives and have also experienced this myself. However I am not convinced that we are able to recall previous lives; to me a more likely cause is that our mind is using stories to help solve issues, problems and challenges we are facing in the here and now. I have known people (myself included) who have gained much insight into their current life through a regression they have had. What does it matter if the experience assists them in healing and moving forward.
Spiderwoman

Of course it is relevant here what you have to say regarding this. Especially through your occupation profile.

I once asked the same question somebody working with past life regression.
What if this is just our imagination?
I got a nice answer back: Does it matter as long as you can clearly see that helps people heal?!

daphne

what a very interesting occupation you have, spiderwoman! wow! I can understand what you believe and I am sometimes believing the same thing, but then........

I just don't know.

especially when I read/hear of stories, such as of one woman who suddenly began to speak in a foreign language, one that she had never heard or studied before, and she recalled that in a previous life (not all that distant), she was another woman, living in this foreign country (foreign as not in the USA)--married and the mother of children.

She was able to describe that life in detail. Finally they researched this--and found the home AND children! All was 100% correct and the children were shocked to hear all this. I can't recall if the hub was still alive--but I think the woman had died young and then 20-30 years or so, this woman was born. She was an adult when all this came back to her after an illness/accident, whatever.

As you can tell, I don't really remember much of it, :laugh: but I recall either reading about this story or seeing it on television some years back.

It did leave a huge impression on me. Just not enough to remember more details, I'm afraid! :D

I know what you are talking about. It is the case described by Jenny Cockell
"Across Time And Death: A Mother's Search For Her Past Life Children".

I did not read the book and I am not going to, as it just treats one particular story only. I like to read about theories and attempts for explanations, no matter how crazy or what sort of explanations, mystical, religious, psychological, biological, whatever.

Melia

I want to read more about past lives.
I`ve searched on amazon, there are plenty of new age books, but I dont know what to choose.

Maybe you can share the books you liked.

This is an absolute no brainer, and I know this is what you are looking for. I read both these books in the years they were first published (1994 and 2000). I had my first, spontaneous past life recollection about 10 years ago, and everything that has happened since then has cemented by belief in the knowledge (and truth) presented in Michael Newton's books:

- Journey of Souls
- Destiny of Souls (the follow-up book)

If you can afford to buy both books, do. If you can only buy one, then buy his 2nd book 'Destiny of Souls' because he is careful to cover many of the pertinent details from his first book as necessary in this one. This book also won the Independent Publishers Book Award in the New Age category in 2001.

I've read many other good books on the subject of past lives, but none gets to the heart of the matter like Newton's books.

Melia

Spiderwoman

I've never had a regression myself. Most of my past life recall has come spontaneously. I've been lucky enough to be able to examine/research 2 previous lives in great detail because there is historical documentation. For both previous lives I have been able to identify many of my soul group members (people I know today who were with me in those 2 previous lives) - because of this, I am certain that my mind hasn't made up any story.

I've also examined a number of regression cases. There was one where the individual was quite convinced they had "just made up a story", but upon closer examination the evidence proved to be otherwise. It was a genuine recall .... as were quite a few others I looked at.

celticnoodle

I know what you are talking about. It is the case described by Jenny Cockell
"Across Time And Death: A Mother's Search For Her Past Life Children".

I did not read the book and I am not going to, as it just treats one particular story only. I like to read about theories and attempts for explanations, no matter how crazy or what sort of explanations, mystical, religious, psychological, biological, whatever.

thank you for this! :laugh: I was hoping someone would recognize what I was talking about and would remember the title. I may look for this again.

daphne

The HiddenPower Of Your Past Lives--Sandra Anne taylor

How To Uncover Your Past Lives--ted andrews

Great books on this subject...

But genealogy and reincarnation seem not to meld well....
Pick your next life I fathom.....
So how does it mesh with family history?
Anyone find a book on that??

Thank you for the suggestions, I am going to read the amazon reviews.

daphne

This is an absolute no brainer, and I know this is what you are looking for. I read both these books in the years they were first published (1994 and 2000). I had my first, spontaneous past life recollection about 10 years ago, and everything that has happened since then has cemented by belief in the knowledge (and truth) presented in Michael Newton's books:

- Journey of Souls
- Destiny of Souls (the follow-up book)

If you can afford to buy both books, do. If you can only buy one, then buy his 2nd book 'Destiny of Souls' because he is careful to cover many of the pertinent details from his first book as necessary in this one. This book also won the Independent Publishers Book Award in the New Age category in 2001.

I've read many other good books on the subject of past lives, but none gets to the heart of the matter like Newton's books.

Thank you, Melia, nice coincidence, Yesterday I bought the first one, before you mentioned it, based on some... intuition, maybe. I did not know there is a follow-up, I would have taken the second one...

daphne

I've never had a regression myself. Most of my past life recall has come spontaneously. I've been lucky enough to be able to examine/research 2 previous lives in great detail because there is historical documentation. For both previous lives I have been able to identify many of my soul group members (people I know today who were with me in those 2 previous lives) - because of this, I am certain that my mind hasn't made up any story.

THAT`S FANTASTIC, to be able to document something that comes spontaneous and with no outside clue to your mind!!!

Melia

Thank you, Melia, nice coincidence, Yesterday I bought the first one, before you mentioned it, based on some... intuition, maybe. I did not know there is a follow-up, I would have taken the second one...

Nice coincidence (but I don't believe in coincidences). You won't be disappointed - you can buy the 2nd book after you have read the 1st one (which is what you will want to do).