Pendulum 'programming' question

Deanne

(note - I don't really like the word programming there, but couldn't think of a more apt one. Suggestions are welcome!)

When I started using my pendulum I asked it what a 'yes' response and a 'no' response would each look like. I've also asked a few times since then, to make sure things are consistent.

'Yes' was always a circular motion - usually clockwise, sometimes counter-clockwise.

'No' was always side-to-side.

This seems very consistent, so I'm not really concerned, but wanted to check on others' opinions. I've heard that typically it would be clockwise vs counter-clockwise, or side-to-side vs front to back - I find it odd that I've got one of each type.

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

Thanks!
Deanne

Kittysashimi

Yes is side to side for all my pendulums and no is up down. Circular is always maybe or I don't want to answer. When the question is to show me the potency/energy of an object or things, clockwise circular is a lot of positive energy depending on how strong the swing is. Negative energy is like the no position

Apollonia

For all my pendulums, Yes is circular (either direction), No is north/south. But I don't ask my pendulums, I tell them how I want them to show me Yes and No.

It would drive me crazy to have one pendulum going around for Yes and a different one doing the same motion but signifying No.

Deanne

Yes is side to side for all my pendulums and no is up down. Circular is always maybe or I don't want to answer. When the question is to show me the potency/energy of an object or things, clockwise circular is a lot of positive energy depending on how strong the swing is. Negative energy is like the no position

See, that's more what I would have expected - yes and no in opposite directions.

For all my pendulums, Yes is circular (either direction), No is north/south. But I don't ask my pendulums, I tell them how I want them to show me Yes and No.

It would drive me crazy to have one pendulum going around for Yes and a different one doing the same motion but signifying No.

I never thought of showing it the response rather than asking - interesting! I'm fine with the way it is, though, so I don't think I'll try to change it. I imagine it would take me some time to adapt to a different system.

I only have the one pendulum so consistency between different ones isn't an issue for me. I suppose if I get more down the road I may want to show them the answers I'm used to (or program them both the same way if I opt for a change)

justagirl

(note - I don't really like the word programming there, but couldn't think of a more apt one. Suggestions are welcome!)

When I started using my pendulum I asked it what a 'yes' response and a 'no' response would each look like. I've also asked a few times since then, to make sure things are consistent.

'Yes' was always a circular motion - usually clockwise, sometimes counter-clockwise.

'No' was always side-to-side.

This seems very consistent, so I'm not really concerned, but wanted to check on others' opinions. I've heard that typically it would be clockwise vs counter-clockwise, or side-to-side vs front to back - I find it odd that I've got one of each type.

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

Thanks!

Deanne

I do ask my pendulum to show me yes/no/maybe and it is consistently: yes-nort to south
No-small counter clockwise circles
Maybe-large counter clockwise circles.
For me, every pendulum gives me the same responses.

Deanne

I do ask my pendulum to show me yes/no/maybe and it is consistently: yes-nort to south
No-small counter clockwise circles
Maybe-large counter clockwise circles.
For me, every pendulum gives me the same responses.

Okay, so yours gives a similar response to mine - maybe this isn't as unusual as I thought :)

Starri Knytes

I have several pendulums all programmed the same way so there is never any confusion.

I speak directly to me pendulums holding them close to my lips.

First I tell it which way I want it to move for "yes". Then I demonstrate that motion by physically moving the pendulum in that direction. *back and forth

Second, I repeat the the same holding the pendulum close to my lips and telling it what I want it to do for a "no" answer. *side to side

Third, the same again for maybe.
*circle

Forth is something I do before each reading. I hold the pendulum close to my mouth breathing on it enlivening and filling it with my essence and energy. When it feels warm to the touch I tell it what I expect from that days reading, that being, Only The Absolute Truth.

Fifth, I give it a name.

After your pendulum has a name it's ready for test questions. I begin with asking if my new tool likes it's new name.
Surprisingly enough, the answer is not always yes!

Good luck sweetie!!

justagirl

Okay, so yours gives a similar response to mine - maybe this isn't as unusual as I thought :)

I thought the same when I read your initial post! I have 2 pendulums and I help out in a new age shop. Every single pendulum is filled with my energy bc I play with them all the time! (Oops! [emoji16])
Every single one responds the same way!

Aunty Anthea

After much practise my pendulums all work in the same way

First I ask the pendulum if it is awake and willing to answer my questions

Then to make sure it is awake I hold a pendulum in my right hand over my left hand

Over the palm of my hand it gives me a clockwise for yeas

Over the back of my hand it gives me an anticlockwise for no

While the above is taking place I feel the energy going from the tip of the pendulum into my hand

If I am looking for something it sort of twiddles in that direction

I always start off by asking the pendulum at least one question I know the answer to

I always thank my pendulums after using them

Darkmage

All mine work the same way.

Vertical swing - yes
Horizontal swing - no
Clockwise circle - maybe
Counterclockwise circle - don't know/wrong question

I'm still working on predictive ability with these. A real danger with pendulums is subconsciously having them tell you what you want to hear instead of the correct answer. This is where writing down the questions and answers and then checking them against reality comes in really handy.