Pendulums?

CelestialHorse

What are your experiences with pendulums? Quite honestly I haven't had too many good experiences or I didn't give it enough of a chance or I asked everyday excessively. I dunno I guess I just need more faith in things. Pendulums just seem so simple and easy to use but are they accurate with you? What do pendulums work with exactly? Do they answer what YOU want to hear or they guided by spirit gudies/angels or sub conscious?

Melisandre

I love my pendulums, personally. What exactly guides them depends on who you ask. For me, I think it's a combination of my subconscious intuitive mind, and possibly also my spirit guides giving me a little nudge :) But that's just me.

I've had some really good results with the pendulum. I posted a story not too long ago in this forum about using a pendulum (a necklace, actually, since I didn't have a "real" pendulum with me at the time) to figure out if a package I was waiting for would finally arrive that day. The necklace/pendulum said yes, I would. I got home, checked the mailbox, no package. But sure enough, later that night as I was looking for something else in the house, I found the package in my dining room. It had arrived a week prior but my roommate stashed it out of sight by mistake. The pendulum was right and I did receive my package that night.

Why not open a thread here in this forum to experiment with your pendulum? Maybe if you're not asking personal questions about yourself, ones that you have no opinion on, you'll start to gain more faith in your readings. Ask your sitters to ask one question they know the answer to (Is my hair brown?), so you'll know if you're right or wrong. You can also ask them to ask one question they don't know the answer to, just for fun, and see how it goes.

Good luck!

danieljuk

I had a very good experience recently! I had a situation come up that was very stressful and the outcome was very important for the stability in my life. There was 3 possible outcomes to the situation. I asked the tarot, an oracle and pendulum about it and wrote down the results. The tarot and oracle gave a lot of information and very complex themes and outcome but I found it hard to get definites. However the pendulum gave me an outcome which would go the best for me. I was sceptical, of all the methods the pendulum was spot on!

So for me I use it mainly for yes/ no questions. I think it much better than tarot for that. Tarot is much better at complex answers! it does seem accurate for me! I am not sure if its my personal energy that makes it answer or some higher force. I am not sure about that for tarot either. But it seems to be accurate!

Grizabella

Pendulums do not work for me. I don't know why something so simple doesn't work with me, but if I hold a pendulum and it's doing any movement at all, it will stop dead in my hands and that's that right there. My oldest daughter dowses and uses a pendulum, but she got it from her paternal side, I guess, because it sure wasn't from me. Her paternal grandparents both dowsed and so did her aunt on that side. Me? Like sticking my feet in cement----nada.

3Jane

They didn't work for me. I tried doing experiments suggested in the book I learned to use pendulums from - basically you take a deck of cards and try to guess whether they're red/black, or you can make a stack of cards with mathematical equations, some correct (2+2=4) some not (2+3=4) and then check for correctness. I had success rate around average (50%) but skewed towards bad predictions. So I stopped using pendulums :)

tarotbear

I found I could control the movement of the pendulum at will ... so obviously that is not an effective method for me to try.

CelestialHorse

Ah :/ Seems like a pendulum is a thing that either doesn't or does work. I dont know for me to be honest but man it sucks because they look SO simple! D:

poopsie

When I need simple answers to complicated questions, that's when I use the pendulum and it does work for me. Although, only for yes-no-poor question type. I have them effective in looking for lost things because it points the direction to where I should look. When the object is out of tje house, it swings directly to our main door.

Grizabella

I found I could control the movement of the pendulum at will ... so obviously that is not an effective method for me to try.

Yeah, I can control it and make it swing without moving my arm or hand and fingers. That's really easy to do, but if I hold totally still and don't make it move myself, it stops dead and stays right there. I could easily I could easily fake it if I wanted to and nobody would know, but I wouldn't do that.

Cenozoic

I can use pendulums because I can feel energies around me, but sometimes it takes so long for it to circle that I get impatient, and my arm muscles will tense up because it's tired, and I will start willing it to spin around, or just counter twitch the way it wants to move and make it stop moving lol.

I usually use them for thought questions and I test it out on body chakras. I don't know how accurate they are because I usually use them randomly and for my own amusement.