People scared of tarot.

Grizabella

I just said this in the guardian tarot thread, if you find tarot scary, or anything in the tarot scary, you probably shouldn't be anywhere near the system.

Ugh it is getting so old watching people having to justify the usage of tarot in a tarot forum, seriously. If you aren't jiggy with it, go do something else, it has nothing to prove, wow.

Guess I am out for a while *shaking head*

If I hadn't gone "anywhere near the system", I never would have gotten to where I am now. I'm sure that's true of a whole lot of other people here, too.

I don't know what you're reading, but nobody is justifying themselves using Tarot on this Tarot forum or in this thread either. We started out talking about others who fear tarot and it strayed off topic a bit when I fell in a muddy ditch, but the rest of the thread is simply a discussion of people elsewhere who are afraid of the cards. Not anyone here.

nisaba

Yes, it's a tool and so on; yes, I can't quite GRASP some people's fear of tarot - but I do always wonder with threads like this why we here think people HAVE to get over that fear.

Our partners have to get over that fear. That, or move away.

Me, I have a terror of drowning, arguably based on memories of drowning. So I don't go boating or swimming in water out of my depth. I can't even immerse my face in a bowl of water for a moment - my body locks up and just will not let me.

I have structured my lifestyle such that drowning is a close-to-zero possibility for me - I avoid bodies of water. I shower, I don't take baths. I see no need to get over a fear I can easily and far less traumatically avoid.

If I were afraid of Tarot - simple. I simply wouldn't hang around Tarot people or engage them in conversation. People who court conversations with Tarotistas to tell them they're afraid of Tarot probably aren't - they probably dislike Tarot rather than fear it. We avoid what we fear - we don't challenge it or engage with it in any way.