Pig Head

Flames

I was at a family gathering. We were sitting outside at the beach. I could feel and hear the waves. The sun was shining. I think it was partly cloudy, too. I was sitting at one of the tables near my oldest brother. There was a huge pot or a stew of some sort and he stuck his fork in the pot and out came the head of a pig. The table he was sitting at was too small for this head. I remember looking at the pig's face and the clarity of his nose. I could see one ear, the other was missing, as well as one of his eyes. But the focus seemed to be the nose. I stared at it for a while wondering how my brother would be able to eat that. It just seemed so real to me and so big.

My brother got up at one point to do something. That's when I noticed the pig head roll off the table by accident and fall into the sand. I think someone else picked it up and I imagined there being dirt and sand all over it. From the looks of it, it still seemed clean but I remember going out of my way to make sure the head was washed.

I'm talking to one of my aunts and then I notice my mother grabbing some food from the buffet table. She looked so different to me. Younger. In a pretty dress. She seemed thinner, more vibrant...

She mentioned the pig head. I said, "It needs to be washed! It fell on the ground. Why won't anyone listen to me?!" As I said the words, I could tell I was using a lot of energy to get them out, which is usually the case when I'm speaking in dreams.

Any ideas? I'm usually very good at interpreting my dreams within the dream, itself! But, I'm at a loss with this one.

Thank you.

EmpressArwen

Did you have this dream last night? I had a dream with a pig head too. :eek:

** so not sure on why it's a pig head but I found the "washing" aspect to be very interesting...something struck me as I read it. No one was listening to you. You see that things in your family need to be cleansed but no one else sees the problem. It's draining for you to even talk about it with them anymore.

I'll think more on this....

zayats

Hi!

Could it be possible that there is an issue in your family where you feel unsupported or not understood? Or that you're possibly afraid of their indifferent or insensitive reaction if you were to share something with them?

Your brother's nonchalance about the pig head made me think of someone who is turning a blind eye to someone's problem/suffering and their indifference at you warning them about the pig head being dirty may symbolise that they don't pay attention to the seriousness of the situation and don't see a danger in it. Think about your current life situation and if there is anything there that you find problematic but they don't really sympathise with. Does it make sense?

pumpkins

If I could add my two cents as my own dreams/visions have always given me accurate information and I find them exactly similar to the situation they point at in real life always. We just have to put that dream in a certain similar situation in our real life and figure out what they are trying to tell us.
Now I think you are the one who has picked up on something dirty/unhealthy in this scene. Your brother, someone you consider your brother or fellow traveller in this kind of set up is not aware of it at all. The woman mentions the pig head, which means she is paying attention but is silent about it for some reason and she mentions it to you so she knows that you are aware of it. There is a dirtiness around a situation that needs attention. She wants you to pay attention because she mentioned it to you! Also I wonder how can a pig head roll off the table all by itself? Someone might have played a dirty trick there which is not visible to naked eye perhaps? And someone else picked it up for you. But do you see them washing it for you? Someone else might have a role in this..Who was someone else? I think the brother is ready to enjoy whatever is being served on the table, there is certainly a dirtiness going on in this specific set up, you have noticed it already and the lady mentions it even though you never shared your concern with her. I think the pig head was the focus of this dream/vision. Pay close attention to the pig head as the lady mentions. Pigs are known to live in dirt and take it with them wherever they go. Pay attention to it and may be look for the cause of this issue. I hope it gives you some information that is helpful!

Also it's about food! Something you are being fed is dirty/unhealthy/need to be discarded as it can affect your health and wellbeing. The head was too big for the table, you are being served more than you need at this time and whatever is being served is dirty! The pig head has one eye and one ear missing, which means you are being fed with distorted information and that some of the facts are missing. Something that you hear and see in this set up is missing vital information(ear and eye play vital role as your sensory organs). So pay attention to what you are being fed at this time...! This is very straightforward dream/vision in my opinion!

Flames

Did you have this dream last night? I had a dream with a pig head too. :eek:

Really?? You'll have to share it with me.
I can't say I'm surprised. You and I are typically on the same wavelength. :)

** so not sure on why it's a pig head but I found the "washing" aspect to be very interesting...something struck me as I read it. No one was listening to you. You see that things in your family need to be cleansed but no one else sees the problem. It's draining for you to even talk about it with them anymore.

I'll think more on this....

Yes, no one was listening. This is how it is with them in the waking world. They're always interrupting and yelling. It's hard to have a nice or real conversation. I've tried hard over the years to overcome this feeling of being unheard but I don't believe it's something I can change and I'm realizing, though it can be painful, I'm better off accepting things as they are. If they can't hear me, they can't hear me. I know they are who they are and most likely think they're doing the best they can. If anything else comes up, please let me know. I'd love to hear your thoughts. :)

Flames

Hi!

Could it be possible that there is an issue in your family where you feel unsupported or not understood? Or that you're possibly afraid of their indifferent or insensitive reaction if you were to share something with them?

Yes, I'm typically afraid of their indifference and insensitivity. So, I've stopped sharing most things, especially things that are important to me. I just don't see the point. I see where it leads to. I see how easily I'm brushed off. If there's one thing I hate, it's being ignored. But, I've experimented with this idea for the past two years and it does get easier. I'm learning not to care and not to take it personally. It's just who they are. I can't change them. But, I can change how I react to them.

Your brother's nonchalance about the pig head made me think of someone who is turning a blind eye to someone's problem/suffering and their indifference at you warning them about the pig head being dirty may symbolise that they don't pay attention to the seriousness of the situation and don't see a danger in it. Think about your current life situation and if there is anything there that you find problematic but they don't really sympathise with. Does it make sense?

This is so interesting because after I'd read each post, it suddenly hit me that my nickname growing up was 'porca' - Italian for 'pig' or 'piglet'. It was an endearing thing! It wasn't said to hurt me or anything like that. Even now, from time to time, my mother will refer to me in that way. I could eat and eat (and quickly) and never gain weight. I was always the first one to clear my plate at the dinner table. And the nickname stuck.

The back of the pig's head would have been facing my brother. Maybe I was staring back at myself?? It was as if he didn't see the sacredness of the animal. To him, it was just something else he was going to consume and that bothered me. I mean, here was this majestic looking animal and he couldn't 'see' it. And this is how I feel when I'm with him. He doesn't 'see' me. I know he'd probably disagree with me but actions speak louder than words. I'll never forget when I shared a really important moment with him - I'd sent him some stuff via email about an art project I'd been working on - and nothing. He didn't even acknowledge it! I also brought it up with him in person but even then, it's like he just didn't care. I have a creative spirit. I'm the black sheep of the family. They really don't 'get me' at all. I know that they love me but I must be a tad eccentric to them. I didn't walk the line or perhaps do things the way they'd hoped.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, zayats, and for listening. ;) You've touched on some key elements. I appreciate it very much. :)

Flames

If I could add my two cents as my own dreams/visions have always given me accurate information and I find them exactly similar to the situation they point at in real life always. We just have to put that dream in a certain similar situation in our real life and figure out what they are trying to tell us.
Now I think you are the one who has picked up on something dirty/unhealthy in this scene. Your brother, someone you consider your brother or fellow traveller in this kind of set up is not aware of it at all. The woman mentions the pig head, which means she is paying attention but is silent about it for some reason and she mentions it to you so she knows that you are aware of it.

Yes, my mother mentions the pig head. She was my ally growing up but when I left home, she kind of took a turn. When we're together, she sides with me (against my father, let's say) but then once my dad has filled her head with his way of seeing things, she suddenly adopts his way of thinking, too. It's as if she has no mind of her own. Essentially, she's been silenced over the years. I refuse to let that happen to me. I think I equate remaining quiet with being voiceless. There are words stuck in my throat that I want to get out and when I'm around them, that's what it feels like. It feels unnatural. But then I remember, I can write about this all in my blog and I feel alleviated. I don't want to scream to be heard. There's a way to be heard without having to say a word...and this has been a work in progress. I believe my mother is aware of this dynamic but I also sense she's helpless to really change things.

There is a dirtiness around a situation that needs attention. She wants you to pay attention because she mentioned it to you! Also I wonder how can a pig head roll off the table all by itself?

Interesting. I thought the pig head had fallen because of someone else's carelessness. I thought that maybe someone had bumped into the table. Wow, that's me rationalizing behavior in the dream! Which is exactly what I do in my waking life. I rationalize their behaviour so that I don't feel the blow of their actions too strongly!! Did you read my feedback to zayats? My nickname growing up was piglet...But there is something else that dawned on me as I was writing this...

When I call my mother, I can sense she doesn't want to talk, like it's an inopportune time. But if my brother had been the one to call her, she would have dropped everything for him. That's how I feel. He's got kids. I don't. He walked the line and I did things a little differently. When I'm around them, I don't feel good enough and yet, I don't want to be them.

If I were to ever 'come back' again, I'd want to be me and nobody else. :)

.. Someone might have played a dirty trick there which is not visible to naked eye perhaps? And someone else picked it up for you. But do you see them washing it for you? Someone else might have a role in this..Who was someone else? I think the brother is ready to enjoy whatever is being served on the table, there is certainly a dirtiness going on in this specific set up, you have noticed it already and the lady mentions it even though you never shared your concern with her. I think the pig head was the focus of this dream/vision. Pay close attention to the pig head as the lady mentions. Pigs are known to live in dirt and take it with them wherever they go. Pay attention to it and may be look for the cause of this issue. I hope it gives you some information that is helpful!

Yes, the pig head is definitely the focus of the dream. The first thing I did after the dream was look up the symbolism for pig. Well, it can be a sign of good luck and fertility. It can symbolize a generous and peace-loving person, someone who is genuine and sincere. All good things, right? Yet, there's this 'dirty' aspect associated with the pig. We refer to people who are chauvinists and misogynists as 'pigs'. But, what made the pig dirty in my dream wasn't the pig itself. It was the fact that it had fallen on the dirty ground and no one washed it...Which means, to me, that no one cared enough to clean it because in their mind, it wasn't important enough to be cleaned. They didn't see the value of that animal/me (?)

Also it's about food! Something you are being fed is dirty/unhealthy/need to be discarded as it can affect your health and wellbeing. The head was too big for the table, you are being served more than you need at this time and whatever is being served is dirty! The pig head has one eye and one ear missing, which means you are being fed with distorted information and that some of the facts are missing. Something that you hear and see in this set up is missing vital information(ear and eye play vital role as your sensory organs). So pay attention to what you are being fed at this time...! This is very straightforward dream/vision in my opinion!

Yes, I can see this, too. Interestingly, I am cleansing right now - no dairy, no sugar, no meat, etc. - and I think this process is stirring up some mental and emotional stuff, which is good. I'm being very careful about what I put in my mouth - in the way of food - but not always in the way of information! So, thank you for that. Makes sense. I like what you say here about missing information and to be aware of this...I'll keep it in mind.

Thank you very much for your help, pumpkins. It's been very insightful. :)