Pizazz Tarot

Splungeman

Hello friends. I'm posting some images from the Pizazz Tarot, a deck my wife (forum member Callistabell) has just completed. I had the honor of assisting her and am excited to share this with you all.

This deck was designed VERY simplistically intentionally in order to allow the mind as much freedom as possible for reading, while still being very much a classic Tarot deck. The illustrations are mostly black silhouette with nothing in the background but muted color and stripe patterns.

There are elements of RWS, especially in the pips, but I would not classify this as a RWS based deck, since most of the trumps and the royals do not resemble the RWS images. When I say there is some RWS influence in the pips, know that they are not what many consider "illustrated pips". However, reader, do not despair! The pip symbols are arranged in ways as to allow for many different interpretations. It's not like the TdM where the same pattern is repeated, nor is this deck just adding more and more in no particularly clear arrangement. The pips are acting out little scenes themselves due to their arrangement. I feel this would be a great transition deck for someone wanting to go from "illustrated" to "non-illustrated" as there are no people in the pips, but you can still figure out some kind of theme going on.

It is out intention that none of these cards will be numbered or will have writing or titles on them at all, and they will be borderless.

The idea here is minimalism and fun. If you thought International Icon was minimalist, then this is minimalist on steroids. Sometimes it's nice to read with a deck that doesn't have too much going on...where the images just pop out at you and you don't have a whole bunch of other stuff to look at. That's the idea here.

The website: www.pizazztarot.com will be going up next week, but I thought I'd go ahead and share some samples.

Here are the first five samples...

Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• Piz4coin.jpg
    Piz4coin.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 199
  • piz5wand.jpg
    piz5wand.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 153
  • piz6cup.jpg
    piz6cup.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 136
  • piz7sword.jpg
    piz7sword.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 132
  • pizjudgement.jpg
    pizjudgement.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 179

Splungeman

And here are four more...

Attachments

• pizkingcoin.jpg
    pizkingcoin.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 134
  • pizqueenwand.jpg
    pizqueenwand.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 135
  • pizstar.jpg
    pizstar.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 137
  • pizstrength.jpg
    pizstrength.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 139

Callistabell

Okay, since he's posted them for me now I can talk a little. I must say that I am so happy to finally show some of these and I feel so great having completed the deck. Aaaaaaa! 78 cards is a lot. But I'm really proud of them. It was my intention to try to convey meanings and feelings through shape, placement and color. I think that the combination of these elements can provide a great palette for a reader. Color, in my mind, is connected to everything, it can almost tell a story itself. Also, as an artist, I'm taken with silhouette- being the very essence of shape and visual identity. My formal education is in theatre direction- and like a play, a tarot deck is a series of pictures that relay meaning. These cards, I believe, are those meanings in their simplest form. --Of course, with some pop! and PIZAZZ!!!!
I hope you enjoy them and check out the website next week if you want to see more.

Callistabell

Venus Moon

I really like the Strength card, and the Queen of Wands!

I'm not sure I could get over the King of Coins, it looks exactly like the Burger King guy in those awful commercials! lol The Star, reminds me of those pin-up mud flap images.

I'd love too see other images though, I'll be checking out the website soon :)

Callistabell

Except no giant head! The King of Coins is actually based on portraits of Henry VIII.

firecatpickles

Damn and I am a sucker for a pip deck!

The minimalism of the Justice card is striking, also.

Hmmm.

<grumbles, moping off cursing the slow US economy>

poivre

Yeay!!!
It's a winner!
Very Nice Indeed!

ros
:)

GryffinSong

I like it! Very unique and attractive concept. Congratulations on a beautiful deck!