Poll: Which deck from Magic Realist Press is your favourite?

Which deck from Magic Realist Press is your favourite?

• Tarot of Prague

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • Baroque Bohemian Cats' Tarot

Votes: 21 17.8%
  • Fairytale Tarot

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Fantastic Menagerie Tarot

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • Victorian Romantic Tarot

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • Bohemian Gothic Tarot

Votes: 35 29.7%

• Total voters

Nydia

I like the Fantastic Menagerie the most.
The Victorian Romantic, 1st ed., is my second choice.

gregory

BBC - no contest. First edition, too, with the frilly borders.

NONE of the others (except the BBC 2nd - excluding 2 Swords - and 3rd !) comes close.

Annabelle

My absolute favorite is the 1st edition Tarot of Prague.

2nd place goes to the 1st edition Baroque Bohemian Cats.

shadowdancer

Another vote for the Menagerie.

I always thought this deck was unlucky to miss out on being re-printed. It has wit and charm and is a darned good reading deck.

ana luisa

Sorry but my favorite from MRP is an oracle. The Victorian Flower Oracle is a gem and unfortunately oop (I would SO want a backup copy). Of the TAROT decks, though I voted for the cats. It's funny, the images are fabulous and it gives very good readings.

swedishfish612

I'm so tempted to say BoGo, because the images appeal to me the most. But if I'm being honest, I use the Victorian Romantic more and get better readings from it. Mine is the 2nd edition.

I love that so many of you are saying Fantastic Menagerie. I was planning on pulling my out and using it this summer. I got it last year and it's been sitting unloved. I actually pulled it out last night just to look through the cards! I feel like it's almost never mentioned on here, but apparently it's loved!

Emily

My favourite is the Victorian Romantic Gold but I like the standard version too. :)

firecatpickles

I am going to request a Fantastic Menagerie Study Group.
Once, it's up and running I will PM you. If you voted FMT but didn't post, just send me a PM to be added to the list :cool:
I would have agreed with Le Fanu -- the Victorian Romantic is stunning and I get more out of it every time I use it; like Le Fanu I have all VR editions -- but that would be copycatting. Instead, I'll go out on a limb with my choice:

Fantastic Menagerie

The sun card alone makes this deck my personal favorite. The more I use this deck, the more I see how perfect (and often witty) the JJ Grandville art chosen by Karen and Alex is in conveying RWS meanings. It's a delightful deck.

Here's the Fantastic Menagerie sun:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/01/c8/19/01c819d45814c0be8bee68d4d1abddb7.jpg

Fantastic Menagerie. It's special.

Love them all, but I think that the Fantastic Menagerie is my favorite. It's so unique!!

I like the Fantastic Menagerie the most.
The Victorian Romantic, 1st ed., is my second choice.

Another vote for the Menagerie.

I always thought this deck was unlucky to miss out on being re-printed. It has wit and charm and is a darned good reading deck.

morticia monroe

Choosing a favorite MRP deck is like choosing a favorite child. I love them all for their individuality, for their own personalities, for their beauty, and for their wit. But the Bohemian Gothic would have to be my choice. When I read with her, there is a flow that I simply do not find with any other. She is dark and yet light, comforting and yet unsettling, friendly and yet foreboding. Everything a Morticia loves. The first edition is what I usually reach for. However, her sister gives her a serious run for her money. The Victorian Romantic goes everywhere with us as well.