predicting yourself in another's reading; then what?

deranged_walrus

Here's the nutshell version: A guy I've recently met asked for a reading the other night. He was asking about love affairs during the current semester; would he meet someone and have a relationship? The answer was yes: me. I saw this in the cards and had a debate with myself about what to tell him. There is no question that the woman in the cards was me. The thing is, I'm not interested in him. I told him the qualities that would be present in the woman (the general ones that can apply to lots of women), and since then he's been subtlely and surely flirting with me and showing interest.

A trivial matter, but I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else (seeing yourself in another's future), and what do they do? Keep it from the querent or tell them? I tried to avoid it by putting him on another track without lying, but it seems that a Talk is in order regardless. Argh.

Its late at night here, so I make no sense.

skinofthesoul

no but...

Interesting thing. I hardly ever read for other people "seriously" and so I never got a real chance, but funnily enough that's a question I've been pondering myself. If that ever happened, then what would I do? :?:

Most likely I'd do it like you: give them an idea of the type of person and try to make it sound as not-like-me as possible. IF, that is, I was in exactly your situation, that is, not interested in the person I was reading for. I might even hint that there's no indication for mutual interest, perhaps...

But as I usually have a very, very good idea of who has a crush on me, the question for me would rather be whether I would do a love reading for them at all, or even a general one. Knowing me and my very human nature, I might do it if I was interested myself... hmmmmmmm. This is tricky! *wanders about a bit to help with the thinking*

The thing is, I differentiate feelings very much. If someone was definitely very seriously in love with me but I couldn't respond that strongly myself, then I'd send some very clear signals, and certainly would not read for them as that would be far more intimate than I could let it become. But that hasn't happened in a long while. Now what with the small crushes, the people that flirt so nicely, the very charming friend of a friend, the late night fancies...? I freely admit I do have some of those. I love to flirt with people who love to flirt with me. So... what about them? It might be very interesting to see exactly how their view of the relationship is (in fact, I have plans to do some spreads to just that extent with this new deck of mine soon... :|). But it would require a certain level of understanding between reader and seeker, and an ability to talk about things in more or less obscure words.

My personal conclusion: depending very much on the other person, I might mention something there. Never if reading for someone I have no sort of developed relationship (of whatever kind) with. After all, some cards are pretty obvious but I might still be wrong - what a thing to say! :eek:

"You fancy me."
"No I don't - I fancy this new girl in my class who's very much like you..."

Oh no, not for me! :bugeyed: Hey, wonder what others will write on this. Very interesting question indeed.
~skinofthesoul

Alta

I actually know one ATF member (she can identify herself if she pleases or not) who saw herself in her future husband's reading. I gather it was quite a shock at the time.
hum, not sure if she told him or not. I think, not.

icic

How do you know its you in the reading? does the particular cards tell u? I thought the card's description is always very general and can lead to various explainations rather than a very definate answer like identifying a person..?

enchanted spirit

Well, I saw myself in my husband's reading, but I told him. Actually I sort of came up more than once . . . which may sound weird, but it was a 2 way decision reading and on one side all the past/present/conflict/contributing factors came up women - Empress, High Priestess, and Queen of Pentacles - interesting because that was the side of the decision I wanted him to make. I thought it was sweet that I was the only reason for him considering that side of it. Interestingly in HIS reading both choices came out +++ for him, in MY reading (which I did not intend to do but that's the way the cards came up) if he did it my way it turned out bad (for me, not for him!). I took it to mean that he was okay either way, but I wasn't going to get what I wanted out of him doing it my way.

Anyway, enough about me . . .

DW: I think that if they guy is interested in you, the reading probably was influenced by that energy, his wishful thinking, ya know? I believe the future is not certain, the cards only reflect current situations and possible outcomes. You might want to re-examine what factors (if any) contribute to you being shown in a relationship with him. OR perhaps in his mind he is already in a relationship with you? ;-) LOL Seriously, what the cards show is NOT written in stone. If you are really not interested in the guy, I'd say you should keep your lips zipped, why encourage him if you know that's not what you want? But keep us posted, maybe you will change your mind? Perhaps the cards know something you don't?

icic: How can you *know* that a card is you, or anyone, when the cards can mean different things? I think it's mostly intuition. When I saw those 3 cards come up I knew right away that the reading was saying that I was the only reason for hubby to consider that decision. Period. Sometimes the meaning of a particular card or cards is unclear, but sometimes just as soon as you see a card in a particular position you just *know* the meaning.

Of course, here I am a newbie . . . talking like I know my stuff! hehehe

Alta

icic said:
How do you know its you in the reading? does the particular cards tell u? I thought the card's description is always very general and can lead to various explainations rather than a very definate answer like identifying a person..?
Mostly intuition, like a shock of recognition. The other way is if a certain card seems to always represent you (in various readings over time).

Red Emma

Seeing yourself in another's reading

Hey Guys!

What a great concept for a romance novel!

starrystarrynight

Sounds to me like the guy was already interested in you and THAT'S why he asked you for a reading in the first place...

MeeWah

I am the ATF member Marion speaks of.

My now Ex of many years was referred to me for a reading by his friend, a reading client & the proprietor of an art studio where I attended painting classes. I saw him at the studio a few times but paid no attention because I was focussed on artwork then & not interested. Also met him briefly once because J introduced us whilst I was heading for the class. The first time I saw him in the public area of the shop, however, I was startled by the strong impression of his interest in me--discovered some time later he had seen me already--but I am getting ahead.

J told me he told W of my readings for him, & W was interested in getting a reading. W worked third shift, so by the time he got off work it was very late. Despite the timing, I agreed to do the reading based on J's referral. W actually showed up earlier than I expected--I was just getting out of the shower, so met him at the door in bathrobe with hair in a towel. I decided to do the reading as I was rather than ask him to wait for me to change, because I could feel the physiological effects that tell me conditions optimal for a reading & do it immediately.

I used an oracle deck at the time (now known as Zolar's Astrological Tarot Deck) using the side of the cards with numbers & astrological references, not the Tarot side. I do not recall the actual spread used, but during the reading, I was shocked to see me depicted on one of the cards. It was like seeing a colour photograph of me that turned into a moving picture. I knew instantaneously that not only was he very interested, but we would wind up together. & that we had been together before. (I dinna accept this at first, because I was intent on exercising 'free will' & also foresaw eventual heartbreak despite any common interests & etc that brought us together.)

I avoided mention of me though he must have wondered at the prolonged silence. There was plenty of other material to draw from so went on to detail personal & business situations & their outcomes. He confirmed the situations & later on, he confirmed the outcomes occurred as I 'predicted'. He was very impressed.

I never read for him again during the course of our relationship. I think mainly because he never asked again. At least, I do not recall him asking. Despite my personal view of not intruding on another's privacy regardless of whatever relationship, I was/am oft an involuntary recipient of knowledge. He witnessed occurrences of same & I am sure he not comfortable though he never said. Whether that contributed to the difficulties & eventual outcome of the relationship moot.

Rogan

When reading for a guy I know - Reading on everyone's favourite topic of relationships - I definitely saw myself in the cards... And I also saw (to my relief) that it also said I wasn't interested (which I wasn't) because of his focus on the "less positive practices" he's into (namely heavy drugs) So I could easily go about the reading for him, following along the lines of "Well, I know you're interested... but unfortunately you're barking up the wrong tree with this one... - I had an inkling before the reading intuitively that he was interested, and the cards totally confirmed it for me... It was a very interesting experience to be talking and reading about "the guy" he was interested in knowing that "the guy" was actually me!