Professional oracle readers?

Chronata

At the very beginning of my career, I used more oracles than tarot!

I had quite a few gigs involving churches, so I would do angel readings, using a combination of different angel oracles (and the Connolly tarot!)

No one knew the difference.

Little Hare

nisaba said:
Tarot is an oracle. I use Tarot, so I use oracles.

Yeah but on this website... people get up in arms about the definition of tarot and how its not an oracle deck ;) that's why i phrased the question how i did

Little Hare

Chronata said:
At the very beginning of my career, I used more oracles than tarot!

I had quite a few gigs involving churches, so I would do angel readings, using a combination of different angel oracles (and the Connolly tarot!)

No one knew the difference.

Ywp i've found with churches everyone uses angel cards. i think i've only ever seen one person using a tarot deck and that one was the shape shifter :thumbsup: got to admit that was pretty neat to see in action

tarotcardrose

I read with the Tarot professionally full time, but incorporated the oracles in a neat fashion. For my professional readings. I do a pyramid reading (general spread) like a Celtic Cross to see what is coming up in a person's life.

This requires a lot of psychic energy of course to go by my gut and then see what I "see" for them.

But at the end I always allow them clients to ask a few questions in case things weren't answered fully in the reading. Now, I use the Lenormand deck to answer their questions. This is an amazing combination.

So, I may see in your cards that you are in a relationship with a tall blond , stockbroker and you are unsure of the relationship.

But at the end I can use the Lenormand to hone in on details. Excellent combination. I get great results.

nisaba

Little Hare said:
Yeah but on this website... people get up in arms about the definition of tarot and how its not an oracle deck ;) that's why i phrased the question how i did
It *is* an oracle. I think what I've seen people get up in arms with, is other people describing non-Tarot oracles as Tarot, not the other way around.

I don't watch every thread in every sub-forum, though.

Ashtaroot

I use all kinda things depending on the mood and the feel I get from the person sitting in front of me.
Lots of readings I combine Lenormand and tarot I love doing that cause they complement each other alot like chocolate dipped strawberries they are each perfect on their own but put them together yummmm party for your taste buds LOL

Ashtaroot

also Nisaba is correct everything is an oracle everything especially tarot te he he

nisaba

It' tjhe old debate, really. An analogy.

I think none of us would dispute that all horses are animals. However, we all agree that not all animals are horses.

In exactly the same sense, All Tarots are oracles, but not all oracles are Tarot.