Professional Psychics...why use tarot?

Grizabella

sweet_intuition said:
And there's no risk of getting icky navel lint stuck on the cards :D

Bellybuttons are very hard to shuffle, too. :bugeyed:

I think Chronata put it very well, seconded by Umbrae. I think you could liken it to Rorschach (sp?) ink blots when you talk to them about it. Take along a selection of decks and let the audience try the cards out to see if it sparks anything for any of them.

Michelle

Umbrae said:
Dearest Chronata;
Please please please, this is being said with the utmost friendship and love, it is not meant to be taken as rude or snide, but but but...
Interpreting stuff that pops into your head? Isn't that what MAKES you a psychic reader?
If you're taking things you know, and arriving at conclusions unconsciously using that information - then you'd be intuitive.
But the stuff that pops in with no logical inference - that's psychic.
There's a difference between Psychic and Intuitive. Some of us are, some of us aren't.

My apologies for butting into Chronata's message :). But now I'm thoroughly confused. I always considered myself intuitive, but after reading this- maybe I'm psychic. Then, for good measure, let's throw in the occasional deceased relative that pops into a reading with a message.

Umbrae, please give me a label :).

Namaste,
Michelle

Michelle

Solitaire* said:
Tarot cards are easier to carry around than bellybuttons, though. :)

Oh my gosh, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard !

I shall now be bagging up my belly buttons for a reading :).

Disa

Umbrae said:
Yup! One can use toothpicks, shell casings on the shooting range floor, stones, trees, watch how cheese curdles, tea leaves...

But Tarot makes it easier to express the message.

You forgot salsa. Doncha just love reading salsa?

Anyway, I figure the cards are a good way to focus. In psychic reads, there is info coming from all directions, for me it's hard to interpret what is relevant and what isn't. At least when the cards are thrown, you kinda have a way to narrow it down and stay on track.

edited to add: I'm not a professional psychic, I probably shouldn't have responded here. Sorry.

MareSaturni

Umbrae said:
There's a difference between Psychic and Intuitive. Some of us are, some of us aren't.

I'm starting to believe i ain't both. Maybe that's why i need tarot...

Umbrae

Michelle said:
My apologies for butting into Chronata's message :). But now I'm thoroughly confused. I always considered myself intuitive, but after reading this- maybe I'm psychic. Then, for good measure, let's throw in the occasional deceased relative that pops into a reading with a message.

Umbrae, please give me a label :).

Namaste,
Michelle
Okay…if a 1963 Karman Gia, that you’ve never seen in your life goes on by, AND, though you haven’t crawled under an old VW product since 1981, you know – that the #3 exhaust valve needs to be re-gapped…that’s intuition. It was a function of logic – the function was a leap based on partial information.

Stopping at an intersection, smiling, because you know a 1963 Karman Gia with a loose #3 exhaust valve is going to come around the corner in 45 seconds, and you haven’t seen one in ages…that’s psychic.

And it the voices, or the dead, or pictures on the wall talk to you, you’re either completely mad, on something way too strong, or normal – and psychic.

And Tarot cards may or may not assist with development of either skill, depending on the person and their approach (why do you read Tarot for etc etc).

I think the longer we work with them, the more we open. It becomes easier ot read for others.

Logiatrix

Solitaire* said:
...I think you could liken it to Rorschach (sp?) ink blots when you talk to them about it. Take along a selection of decks and let the audience try the cards out to see if it sparks anything for any of them.
I like the Rorschach analogy; yes, I will include that. :thumbsup:

Yes, there will be plenty of decks. I will bring many examples to look over and try, in addition to those I will need for my presentation (Marseille, RWS, Thoth). Many of the participants also have their own decks, so I asked them to bring those as well, for the practice time, which will be all of the last hour.

I'm reassured by the responses here - even the references to belly-buttons and curdling cheese... :D

So essentially, the cards are a tool for going deeper into a psychic message. And there's more I can add, of course; now I have plenty of analogies and parallels I can make to get that point across. But I think I'll avoid mentioning navel lint...
;)

celeste

I love tarot but after getting initiated through Rieki and Shamanically, I find that I get more clear direction right from the source, right from my guides than I do with the cards. With the cards I look at the images and think ok what Is this saying to me,and trying to remember all the meanings I've learned over the years, and sorting it into the context of the question- where with my guides they just spell it out for me. I am a very visual person too, and get alot of pictures in my head so this makes it easier for me. Now, when I have a tarot client, before they even step in the door, I ask my guides what the message is. I tell them and then we take out the cards-reading tarot is actually a slower process for me but for other people it can actually trigger all the other things off.
I get the movie and the words, sometimes symbols and occaisionally a scent-like Chronata mentioned but not too often.
Some people only get the movie and not the audio. Some people only get the scent and some people get all three. Some people get messages before they start reading -while shuffling-that happens to me too-and some people get interuppted in the middle of theier card reading by thier guides /or spirits attatched to the client like thier passed over loved ones while reading a certain card position in the spread.

My point is it's an individual thing and it varies from reader to reader. Sometimes the cards help and sometimes the mental gymnastics we do to figure out what a card means can get in the way of this intuitive or"pyschic" process. It depends what works for you.

Michelle

Umbrae said:
Okay…if a 1963 Karman Gia, that you’ve never seen in your life goes on by, AND, though you haven’t crawled under an old VW product since 1981, you know – that the #3 exhaust valve needs to be re-gapped…that’s intuition. It was a function of logic – the function was a leap based on partial information.

Stopping at an intersection, smiling, because you know a 1963 Karman Gia with a loose #3 exhaust valve is going to come around the corner in 45 seconds, and you haven’t seen one in ages…that’s psychic.

And it the voices, or the dead, or pictures on the wall talk to you, you’re either completely mad, on something way too strong, or normal – and psychic.

And Tarot cards may or may not assist with development of either skill, depending on the person and their approach (why do you read Tarot for etc etc).

I think the longer we work with them, the more we open. It becomes easier ot read for others.

Thank you very much, Umbrae.

I truly appreciate the way you explain things. You make it....make sense.

Namaste,
Michelle

Demon Goddess

Logiatrix said:
I like the Rorschach analogy; yes, I will include that. :thumbsup:

Yes, there will be plenty of decks. I will bring many examples to look over and try, in addition to those I will need for my presentation (Marseille, RWS, Thoth). Many of the participants also have their own decks, so I asked them to bring those as well, for the practice time, which will be all of the last hour.

I'm reassured by the responses here - even the references to belly-buttons and curdling cheese... :D

So essentially, the cards are a tool for going deeper into a psychic message. And there's more I can add, of course; now I have plenty of analogies and parallels I can make to get that point across. But I think I'll avoid mentioning navel lint...
;)

Don't forget the ordinary deck of playing cards. My Grandmother is the best reader I know and she wouldn't use a tarot deck if you paid her.

I am intuitive, and although I do have psychic flashes occasionally, I'm mostly just psychotic... And anyone can be that by simply going without sleep for three days. :D