Psycards >>>

Madonna

I recently found a book on Psycards at a used book store & fell in love with it right away. It showed the cards in the book in black & white, I don't know if the cards themselves are in color or not. There was a picture of a card called * the Liar*and it showed a sly person with a happy face mask held up in front of him. Does it ever *talk*! There were other cards too: the Stranger, The Mage, The Beast, The Warrior, The Beauty, the Voyage, a Yes card, a No card, & even one called *Never*. O how I want to find these. Has anyone heard of or seen this deck before ??? If so what can you tell me about them ? & what are your experiences with them ???

Jeannette

Madonna said:
... O how I want to find these. Has anyone heard of or seen this deck before ??? If so what can you tell me about them ? & what are your experiences with them ???

The Psycards deck has been available for many years, but it really doesn't appear to be discussed much on the chat boards.

The Psycards are distributed in North America by U.S. Games Systems. The cards *are* in color. There are 40 in all -- it is not a "standard" tarot deck, although in his _Encyclopedia of Tarot_, vol. III, Stuart Kaplan does make some correlations between the cards of the Psycards deck and the "traditional" majors. However, the numerical sequence doesn't match up, no matter how you look at it, and since there are 22 standard majors and 40 cards in the Psydeck, not all of the Psycards could be considered to have standard tarot equivalents.

The latest U.S. Games catalog lists a "new" book as being available for the Psycards. I do not know if this book is the same as the one you saw, and USG is just distributing it for the first time, or if it is a completely new book. But USG is showing the book and deck as now being available as a set, as well as the book and deck being available separately. I do not know if the book or book/deck set is actually shipping; I haven't tried to order it yet.

The cards were illustrated by Maggie Kneen, who also illustrated the lovely "Old English Tarot."

You can see some samples from the Psycards in the Tarot Garden database at:

http://www.tarotgarden.com/database/dbsearchengine.php?view_title=psycards

Hope this helps.

-- Jeannette
Tarot Garden
http://www.tarotgarden.com

jade

they are nice cards aren't they! too bad they aren't a complete 78 card deck, they seem to have soooo much to say!

if you get them, let us know how much you love them!

in light,
jade

Madonna

link

Thanks for the link. I am glad to hear these were not a flash in the pan deck of cards. I will be ordering this deck. I did find a web site that spoke of using the psycards as significators with one's own deck in readings, sounds intriguing, I love a challenge. I think I will give it some thought and do a few trial runs when I get the cards. i will keep you posted.