Queen of Cups and King of Cups as a couple?

Libra289

If this combination came up in a reading, could it represent a couple or soul mates? I've read that a King and Queen together can represent quite a significant pairing, although I could be wrong.

I see QoC as a wise, intuitive and emotional woman, and the King as a mature and compassionate man.

What does this pairing mean to you?

WalesWoman

It depends on what the question was, if there was a spread with positional meanings or just a random laying of cards. It depends on what YOU want to see I think... such is the way of reading tarot.

QC is caring, and may be in touch with her feelings, but it doesn't mean she's wise, some times she's out of touch with reality and living in a dream world.

The King may be a compassionate, mature man, but he can also be one who watches everyone else's emotional drama without getting emotionally involved himself.

You could see it as a progression, of making something of your emotional/creative parts, nurturing them (Queen) to the point where you have complete confidence in your self, who you are and how you feel and don't need anyone's affirmation or approval, being in command of your emotions, etc.

Libra289

It depends on what the question was, if there was a spread with positional meanings or just a random laying of cards. It depends on what YOU want to see I think... such is the way of reading tarot.

QC is caring, and may be in touch with her feelings, but it doesn't mean she's wise, some times she's out of touch with reality and living in a dream world.

The King may be a compassionate, mature man, but he can also be one who watches everyone else's emotional drama without getting emotionally involved himself.

You could see it as a progression, of making something of your emotional/creative parts, nurturing them (Queen) to the point where you have complete confidence in your self, who you are and how you feel and don't need anyone's affirmation or approval, being in command of your emotions, etc.

They came out next to each other, along with nine of cups (satisfaction, pleasure, wish granted?) ... and the question was whether or not the two people in question would have a relationship together :)

Farzon

They came out next to each other, along with nine of cups (satisfaction, pleasure, wish granted?) ... and the question was whether or not the two people in question would have a relationship together :)

Although I don't like yes or no-questions, the cards you mention seems very much like a yes. Or at least the situation is ideal for a relationship. Especially with the nine of cups, which is where the emotions are grounded in a deep spiritual feeling, too.
The only problem I see is that the situation could become over-emotional, since you mention no cards which could add stabilizing energies, like body or mind.

Libra289

Although I don't like yes or no-questions, the cards you mention seems very much like a yes. Or at least the situation is ideal for a relationship. Especially with the nine of cups, which is where the emotions are grounded in a deep spiritual feeling, too.
The only problem I see is that the situation could become over-emotional, since you mention no cards which could add stabilizing energies, like body or mind.

Yes, I was thinking this ... an emotional overload haha!

DarkElectric

Yes, I was thinking this ... an emotional overload haha!

I was thinking the same thing. When things between them were going well, there would be nothing better. However, if both of them were having an "Ill Aspected" day, it would be the emotional equivalent of a typhoon, replete with tsunami.