Queen of Swords

xLilyPondx

Hey everyone, so I'm wondering what the Queen of Swords means to you.

I've been getting the card alot recently and I'm not sure what she is trying to get across to me. She mostly shows up as hopes and fears whenever I ask about a potential relationship with my friend or as the outcome.

I read it as someone who has gone through alot and judges someone's motive before letting her guard down (or not at all). I'm using the Mystic Dreamer deck by Barbara Moore.

Maybe she is telling me to more analytical and to question someone's motive before jumping into things? In a relationship, I'm going to guess that if we get together it will be a relationship based on discussions of a intellectual nature?

Any other suggestions are welcomed :) Thank you in advance! I have a really hard time trying to understand this card.

nisaba

xLilyPondx said:
Hey everyone, so I'm wondering what the Queen of Swords means to you.
Intelligence, poise, self-discipline, discernment, good taste.

gypsiejones71

Equally, she is detached, objective, unemotional & fair in judgement. You can't easily trick this lady; she can read you like a book and is one step ahead of the game! I wouldn't bother trying to use emotional blackmail on her because she will not yield! She will bide her time and get her revenge in her own way.
She is stubborn and will rather be on her own and stick to her principles than be in a relationship where her partner does her wrong. She won't suffer fools!
If I was seeing this queen a lot in my relationship readings I would be asking myself if I was being completely truthful and objective about the relationship; or if I needed a big dose of truth. What is it that I needed to face up to...
Hope that helps.

Shebelle

Just so I'm clear: you're asking about a potential romantic relationship with someone you're friends with at present? If so, I'd say that the Queen of Swords is representing a fear that your friend only sees you as friend. A loyal, thoughtful, witty, intelligent, independent person...but just a friend. As a hope, I'd say that you hope your wit, intelligence, and style will win him or her over...and that you are kind of hoping to play it cool!

As the outcome of a relationship, I'd say that it suggests to me that you will not be romantically paired with this person, but if I've read the whole thing wrong and this is just a new, platonic friend, then I'd say that you're going to have good times together, but you may be the designated driver a lot! The Queen of Swords is more responsible and will be the "adult" in the relationship, in my opinion.

Owlface

This lady is sharp but fair. I don't see her as vindicative (she's too mature for that, and too poised) but she certainly won't suffer fools.

If the relationship you hope to embark on is romantic in nature, her appearance might be saying : Fair enough, but hold onto your wits ! Don't be swept away to such an extent that you make bad choices, allow yourself to be taken advantage of, that sort of thing.

I don't think her appearance suggests that your talks with this person will all be of an intellectual nature, no. Some of them might be. I think she IS saying you'd do well to listen to your common sense and your rational judgements, whether the relationship is romantic or platonic.

Speaking personally, when Queen of Swords comes up for me I know that there might not be a rollercoaster ride ahead, or delirious joy, but that I'll be drawing on my reserves of strength, courage, steeliness. A genuine lover or friend will respect these qualities, by the way, and won't be afraid of them :)

xLilyPondx

Potential Romantic Relationship

Shebelle said:
Just so I'm clear: you're asking about a potential romantic relationship with someone you're friends with at present?

As the outcome of a relationship, I'd say that it suggests to me that you will not be romantically paired with this person, but if I've read the whole thing wrong and this is just a new, platonic friend, then I'd say that you're going to have good times together, but you may be the designated driver a lot! The Queen of Swords is more responsible and will be the "adult" in the relationship, in my opinion.

Yup! Thank you for the insight it makes so much sense now! I have a feeling that we'll end up being just friends and that's fine for me. I just wanted to see what the potential would be like even if nothing happens.

Owlface said:
If the relationship you hope to embark on is romantic in nature, her appearance might be saying : Fair enough, but hold onto your wits ! Don't be swept away to such an extent that you make bad choices, allow yourself to be taken advantage of, that sort of thing.

Thanks, I do tend to get carried away sometimes. I think the Queen of Swords is telling me to be on guard as well :D

gypsiejones71 said:
If I was seeing this queen a lot in my relationship readings I would be asking myself if I was being completely truthful and objective about the relationship; or if I needed a big dose of truth. What is it that I needed to face up to...
Hope that helps.

Thanks! Were not in a relationship right now but were pretty good friends with common interests. I'll note that in my notebook though. :D If I may.

The Queen of Swords is making alot more sense now, thanks everyone! :D

SirRushing

I think all cards have romantic potential, but not all romantic relationships has anything to do with lovey-dovey romance, since many people in this life are not romantic at all, but more only value sex, or even intellect over romance. Some may value money over love or sex, but still they are in relationships.

A Queen Sword relationship is the least romantic, or maybe not. It just states overall that the relationship is based on honesty and no-nonsense. They want loyalty and trust and give that more importance than flowers, wining and dining, great sex life and all that sweet talk that can mean absolutely nothing. Lots of people have romantic and great sexual relationships but are in bad relationships overall. Romancing and great sex and can't make a good relationship alone. One can have someone who can take you to wonderful restuarants on Valentine's day and give you orgasmic sex to the hilt, but they cheat and lie to you, plus make you feel very insecure constantly.

I see Queen Swords in terms of romancing as people who let each other know from the start in the relationship what they dislike and don't want in a relationship, which most people avoid doing while dating, because that wouldn't be too romantic would it? Plus, we have all been told on the first, second and third date to keep everything light and fluffy with no complaint about our past relationships and exes. I can see why, but in essence not being to complain to the new person is also not being able to tell them what you truly want in life.

There are some people who don't give a sh*t about the "dating rules" and just want to skip all the nonsense of keeping the dating experience, fun and light and just head straight to "keeping it real" talk.

So they will be like "I know this is the first date, but I am going to tell you from the start that I have a mental illness, or HIV, or 6 children by 6 different fathers, if you can't handle that then there is no point in wasting time thinking that a second date will happen. Because I want someone who accepts me for who I am right now without me trying to hide my past."

Yes, that isn't the most romantic relationship, but some people can appreciate having a relationship where people can discuss how they feel and who they are without giving a f*ck what the other person thinks, or may think about them. A relationship based on honesty and understanding with no games being played and no one hiding any secrets, or tragic pasts.

PAMUYA

SirRushing said:
I think all cards have romantic potential, but not all romantic relationships has anything to do with lovey-dovey romance, since many people in this life are not romantic at all, but more only value sex, or even intellect over romance. Some may value money over love or sex, but still they are in relationships.

A Queen Sword relationship is the least romantic, or maybe not. It just states overall that the relationship is based on honesty and no-nonsense. They want loyalty and trust and give that more importance than flowers, wining and dining, great sex life and all that sweet talk that can mean absolutely nothing. Lots of people have romantic and great sexual relationships but are in bad relationships overall. Romancing and great sex and can't make a good relationship alone. One can have someone who can take you to wonderful restuarants on Valentine's day and give you orgasmic sex to the hilt, but they cheat and lie to you, plus make you feel very insecure constantly.

I see Queen Swords in terms of romancing as people who let each other know from the start in the relationship what they dislike and don't want in a relationship, which most people avoid doing while dating, because that wouldn't be too romantic would it? Plus, we have all been told on the first, second and third date to keep everything light and fluffy with no complaint about our past relationships and exes. I can see why, but in essence not being to complain to the new person is also not being able to tell them what you truly want in life.

There are some people who don't give a sh*t about the "dating rules" and just want to skip all the nonsense of keeping the dating experience, fun and light and just head straight to "keeping it real" talk.

So they will be like "I know this is the first date, but I am going to tell you from the start that I have a mental illness, or HIV, or 6 children by 6 different fathers, if you can't handle that then there is no point in wasting time thinking that a second date will happen. Because I want someone who accepts me for who I am right now without me trying to hide my past."

Yes, that isn't the most romantic relationship, but some people can appreciate having a relationship where people can discuss how they feel and who they are without giving a f*ck what the other person thinks, or may think about them. A relationship based on honesty and understanding with no games being played and no one hiding any secrets, or tragic pasts.
I like this! Thank You!

xLilyPondx

I like this :D

SirRushing said:
A relationship based on honesty and understanding with no games being played and no one hiding any secrets, or tragic pasts.

This is exactly what I'm looking for in potentials. Thanks for your thoughtful response. :)

Fostha

SirRushing said:

A Queen Sword relationship is the least romantic, or maybe not. It just states overall that the relationship is based on honesty and no-nonsense. They want loyalty and trust and give that more importance than flowers, wining and dining, great sex life and all that sweet talk that can mean absolutely nothing. Lots of people have romantic and great sexual relationships but are in bad relationships overall. Romancing and great sex and can't make a good relationship alone. One can have someone who can take you to wonderfu restuarants on Valentine's day and give you orgasmic sex to the hilt, but they cheat and lie to you, plus make you feel very insecure constantly.

I see Queen Swords in terms of romancing as people who let each other know from the start in the relationship what they dislike and don't want in a relationship, which most people avoid do
ing while dating, because that wouldn't be too romantic would it? Plus, we have all been told on the first, second and third date to keep everything light and fluffy with no complaint about our past relationships and exes. I can see why, but in essence not being to complain to the new person is also not being able to tell them what you truly want in life.

There are some people who don't give a sh*t about the "dating rules" and just want to skip all the nonsense of keeping the dating experience, fun and light and just head straight to "keeping it real" talk. [size=+2]Yep[/size]

Oh brother,so very well put. Thats exactly why this lady would rather be on her own,theres no doubt whatsoever in her mind about what she does /doesn't want/expect from a partner,and she certainly wont play stupid games with you,in the worst cases,if you're not careful she'll simply wipe the floor with you. If you know what she wants (and she certainly wont hide who/what she wants)but,you cant give it,so then the best advice for you is to just leave her be. :)