question about Baroque Bohemian Cats' Tarot

Storm82

Hi

I wonder how big Baroque Bohemian Cats' Tarot cards are?

is it standard size?

faunabay

Do you have any of the other Magic Realist decks? They are all the same size. A bit wider than "normal" but about the same heighth. I have trouble with shuffling if decks are too big, but these fit just fine in my hands!

Storm82

No I havent got any of their decks yet :/

do you know the difference between the "kit" and the regular deck?

Storm82

one more question: is the books in these "kit editions" hard cover or just a small booklet?

fferyllt

The book is a soft-cover book, 207 pages. The cards are approximately 12.7 x 7.7 cm.

Storm82

thank you :)

is the book anything to have?
is it a big book?

fferyllt

I think it's worthwhile to have the MRP book that goes with the deck, and I have them all, but I suppose it is a matter of taste. As I said, it has 207 pages.

Haegtessa

I think the BBC book is definately worth getting. It has cat interpertations besides the other normal ones, and they give you an added dimension in how too look at each card. And the book itself is really written well by itself!

You'll love this deck, have fun :)

faunabay

I'm with fferyllt. I think all MRP books are worth getting, but the BBC book is my favorite out of all of them just for the cat meanings that go with each card. They're just great!!!

wytchwood

I only have the deck, but I wouldn't mind getting the book for the cat meanings! It's well worth mentioning that there's a fairly big difference between the first and second editions of the deck, and that the kit contains the first edition deck. The 1st ed has fairly large, very elaborate fancy borders, the 2nd ed looks a lot crisper and cleaner without the borders, and apparently many of the images were revamped and changed. IMO the 2nd edition is loads nicer so that's the one I've got. I haven't seen the 1st edition in my hands, but I based my decision on the online scans and don't regret it.

I love the quality of the printing, I can't understand why so many large publishers use horrid production procedures or yacky card stock which ruins otherwise lovely decks, but there's none of this with MRP decks, I only have only seen 3 of them but they really are lovely. Good on them I say!

And, as I'm just coming to the end of my one week experiment with this deck I can vouch for it being an excellent deck. I bought this as 'the most unlikely deck I would ever buy' just to see what happened and I have been reading with it all week, and those cats have plenty to say!

Zoe xx