ratings for Windows software??

cardlady22

A couple of other threads got me thinking. I know everyone raves about Orphalese. I've also seen some caveats about other vendors using pirated copies of decks. (like the Visual Tarot which also comes up flagged re: Dangerous Downloads by my AV software)

Does anyone know anything about these software packages:

The Mystic Tarot by SeeQ Enterprises
White Light Energy Tarot by GATPublishing
MB Free Learn Tarot
The Mystic Eye
Guiding Star Tarot
TarotMaster for Windows by Zephyr Services
SofTarot by Sahara Software
Matrix Tarot

Sumada

Tarot software

Hi cardlady22,
IMHO MB Free Learn Tarot, The Mystic Eye, Guiding Star Tarot, and SofTarot by Sahara Software are all clunky and simplistic.
Matrix tarot has a slick interface with lots of features (if you can afford it!) but suffers from not including the provision for reversed cards, and has Nancy Garen's melange of dubious card meanings.
Haven't had any experience with the others you mention*, other than Orphalese, which I would highly recommend and use primerily as a means of cataloging my collection, BECAUSE the "Compare Cards" feature is UTTERLY BRILLIANT and quite frankly indispensible for a collector.
When it comes to doing readings though, I would recommend Wise Tarot. It has some of the Orphalese features like creating your own spreads, load scanned decks, and put in your own or any meanings, but you do have to be a little computer savy to set things up. However, it does come with some decks and meanings to get you started right away. Seriously sugggest you check it out:- http://wisetarot.net/tarot-software.php
Regards Sumada
*must check these others for myself too...

cardlady22

Thanks, Sumada! I know that the shareware programs have a wide range for quality, but every now and again you find a gem (after a few duds and viruses of course!)

Alexander

Sumada said:
I would recommend Wise Tarot ... but you do have to be a little computer savy to set things up.

Thanks for your comment Sumada, I didn't know it :) It will be the next step in further developing of this software - to make it simple for everybody, not only for those who knows computer quite well.