Re: Dream of son's early return from Japan

Shadow Wolf

Re: Dream of son's early return from Japan

My son is in Japan in a cultural immersion program. Hubby and I both had
dreams that he would come home early. I don't think this is a possibility, he
writes that he's having a really good time.

Does it mean that we miss him?

What else could it mean?

This is the first time that hubby and I dreamed the same thing. He had the
dream about a week after mine.

Alta

I think it means that he misses you and your husband.

Daizdy

Could you give more detail about the dreams you and your husband had, please?

memries

It could be he will come home early. As Daizdy suggested more detail would be helpful. Dream are usually symbolic of events rather than out and out straight messages. However, it is not impossible you received a direct message.

Milfoil

If this were my son in Japan and my dream it would suggest that I am aware that I am having to let go and am no longer in control of my childs life. His coming home early would seem to be a yearning for him to be back 'where he belongs' and by his own choice to return to my care.

2nd possibility that springs to mind is that this is a prophetic dream about a future event so only time will tell on that one.

Shadow Wolf

Milfoil,

I think you hit the nail right on the head with your first suggestion. I'm amazingly calm about the fact that is gone. I guess I'm really accepting the fact that he is growing up and I have to let him go.

My husband worked very hard to raise him and he's a great kid. I have absolute faith in him. He's not a all the type to go looking for trouble. I'm still a little worried about him because he is out of my control, but I raised him to trust him and so far he hasn't broken that trust.

He called us the other day. He's having a great time and he loves his host family. I don't think he'll be coming home early. He's having too much fun !!! He's only got 2
weeks left anyway.

I do miss him of course, but he'll come home with stories, and pictures about his trip. I can't wait to hear them !!

Milfoil

It sounds like a wonderful experience for your son. I hope he returns home full of enthusiasm and wonderful memories. I'd love to visit Japan . . . one day, one day . . .

Shadow Wolf

My son comes home tomorrow morning. I can't wait to
see him again.

It's a good thing he's only gone for 1 month. I've really been missing him this last few days.

My wait is over. He's coming home with pictures and stories. Thanks for the feedback on the dream, I'm glad
he didn't have to come home early !!!