Very nice rune set

mac22

I just received my Onyx Elder Futhark rune set from TG. This is a very nice rune set. It's Brazilian polished onyx. It gives solid, direct [some call it blunt] readings too.:) And matchless service from TG:D

So how many use runes in their readings? Which type of runes?

Mac22

Greywoolfe

I've recently begun using Runes as a supplement to my daily Tarot reading. Each day, one card, one Rune. Almost without fail, the card will tell me what to expect during the day, and the Rune will give me the best advice in how to deal with it. I originally used one of those Rune sets that came with a book, (That has since been discarded in favour of better, more informative works.) and I now use a set that I made myself from terracotta clay; the Rune symbols are embossed in the surface of each tile, and painted in with black acrylic paint mixed with a few drops of my own blood.

mac22

Greywoolfe said:
I've recently begun using Runes as a supplement to my daily Tarot reading. Each day, one card, one Rune. Almost without fail, the card will tell me what to expect during the day, and the Rune will give me the best advice in how to deal with it. I originally used one of those Rune sets that came with a book, (That has since been discarded in favour of better, more informative works.) and I now use a set that I made myself from terracotta clay; the Rune symbols are embossed in the surface of each tile, and painted in with black acrylic paint mixed with a few drops of my own blood.

35 years ago I started with a Blum ceramic set, with so-so results. Then I made my own out of river stones - I connected with this set.

However, I thought I'd dress it up a bit more for my sitters - So I ordered the Onyx set-- It reads as well as my river set and looks a lot dressier.:)

Dunno if I'd go as far as using my own blood -- but each to their own.

mac22

lark

I use my runes with my daily draw most days...I have a yew wood set from Tara Hill Runes.
They're my favorite....I like the lite energy of wood.
I also have a set of stone ones I made that I keep...well I'm kind of embarassed to say this... outside in a jar by my rock garden....I like to throw the runes on a big flat rock I have out there...the stone ones can hold up to the weather if I chose to leave the throw there for a few days.
I made them out of those river rocks they sell in bags for ponds.

Greywoolfe

mac22 said:
Dunno if I'd go as far as using my own blood -- but each to their own.

mac22

LOL!! It's not the full-on slashed-wrist scenario, don't worry! Just a pin-prick, and a couple of drops added to the paint. ;)

mac22

Greywoolfe said:
LOL!! It's not the full-on slashed-wrist scenario, don't worry! Just a pin-prick, and a couple of drops added to the paint. ;)

Whew ...LOL :D glad to hear that.....

mac22

lark said:
I use my runes with my daily draw most days...I have a yew wood set from Tara Hill Runes.
They're my favorite....I like the lite energy of wood.
I also have a set of stone ones I made that I keep...well I'm kind of embarassed to say this... outside in a jar by my rock garden....I like to throw the runes on a big flat rock I have out there...the stone ones can hold up to the weather if I chose to leave the throw there for a few days.
I made them out of those river rocks they sell in bags for ponds.

I looked into a Tara Hill set ..but a friend said they wouldn't replace a broken yew rune.:(

mac22

Milfoil

I have my own set which I made from beach pebles inscribed and painted with ochre/shelac.

Edited to add: Elder Fulthark BTW though I do refer to Anglo-Saxon set sometimes.

I love them, draw one every morning. :)

mac22

Milfoil said:
I have my own set which I made from beach pebles inscribed and painted with ochre/shelac.

I love them, draw one every morning. :)

Nice start to the day.....:)

mac22

NightQueen

wow I want to make my own rune set too now:) hehe sound great! thanks for the idea