Reading Tarot to music

rosebud_a320

Just wondering if any of you here like to have music in the background when using your cards?

I am loving fast paced trance music at the moment through my headphones when I look at the images on my cards :)

Willow Huntermoon

When I read for myself I love to have soft music in the backgroud it puts me in the mood.

Although I only listen to music from Robert Haig Coxon. And that is because this was the music my teacher exclusivly played for us during a meditation class for many years and I just got used to it.

His music transports me, moves me and expands my awarness.

Michelle

I enjoy having soft music in the background. I play music even when doing a phone reading. It helps calm me and kind of set the mood.

Namaste,
Michelle

Demon Goddess

rosebud_a320 said:
Just wondering if any of you here like to have music in the background when using your cards?

I am loving fast paced trance music at the moment through my headphones when I look at the images on my cards :)

I'll run my jukebox which has everything from bluegrass, to Goth. And very often I will use the music that comes on in my readings... it's an interesting twist for me, because I've found that the song, when I tell the querant about it, means something to them.

LadySquee

Good question! I was wondering about it myself.

Last night I went to turn music on while I read, but I didn't feel I should since I am so new, it probably would've messed up my concentration. If I ever decide to have music on, it'll have to be ambient type of music. I think anything with words would throw me off.

Astraea Aurora

... there's a black sheep in every crowd :| ...

Playing music while reading the cards?

No way for me. I get so distracted by it.

I'm a singer, I'm used to listen very closely to words and melodies. Whenever I hear a song I sing along, even if I hear it for the first time I at least try. If it's non-verbal music I sing along with the melodies - all these things shift my focus from Tarot to Music.
Music is no background for me. Other people around me can listen to music while talking and driving a car at the same time. I can't do that, either I drive and listen or I drive and talk (or I drive and smell which is odd, I have to turn the music down in order to smell things while driving, so weird).

Everyone to his liking, but listening to music and reading Tarot is unlinkable for me.

Astraea Aurora :grin:

TwinMoons

I find that if I'm listening to music that has words in it, I have to shuffle the cards a bit longer to get myself to relax. It's a weird thing, I really like having music playing but I have to get myself into a state where I can appreciate the music and feel comforted by it but also not be paying too much attention to it. I'm like that with studying as well. I like what the music adds to the ambiance but I have to get myself into the zone to really focus.

LTG2201

For me, it's quite strange. One day, I will be able to focus fully on reading the cards while listening to a song, then on another, I will be completely distracted by the same song, and need to turn it off.

When I do listen to music while reading, the type of music doesn't make a difference to how much I concentrate.

vhrsn

music to use when reading cards

Hi everyone,
Personally I would find music very distracting. I know I had a phone reading and the reader had music - I don't know why, but I could hear it (I hear everything) lol! I'd say for the most part though, the music may be distracting because you may be trying to listen to it then, trying to look at the symbology fo the cards. Recall, if all of you remember out there, I am blind and so that's why my hearing is so acute!
I like peace and quiet, unless I hear a person walking into my room where I read, you don't want any distractions or interuptions. Also another thing for those who are reading in person, or are having a person to read by phone, make sure that the cell phones are off! If you have it on vibrate, that's fine, but remember to turn them off! I had one client come to me in person, and well about half way thorugh the reading I hear the vibrating of her cell phone and then I had to stop!! So before you do a reading, ask if the person has a cell phone and if they do tell them to turn it off. Just my two cents worth, lol!
All the best,
Veronica

beachcomb

maybe i'm silly but i have little play lists on my ipod for different spreads. like my school spread i have songs that remind me that. and my spread for moving back home (i'm in school so i travel back and forth during breaks) has songs about travel and songs that remind me of home.

for me music helps me think about what i'm asking and helps me focus on the spread and the meanings of the cards and just makes the reading more personal for me.