Really just want to vent over a reading I had done for me on Sat.

laker91

note: just a vent...but I learned what I don't want to be as a reader.

I think the whole reading was based on scare tactics! The one reading my cards, is probably darn good...but I think she's lost her passion of the Tarot.

The whole thing was just odd, very odd. My question/concern was about work. I have a lot going on. Projects, deadlines...On a mission to get a new job. So, yeah...I'm a little scared and intimated in general...going after a dream...can be scary and emotional.

The reader spreads just about the whole entire deck...I don't know which one it was, older, had "grace", "illusion", "staves", 2 of pentacles was an old man that looked like the hermit. There were cards everywhere.

She answered my question, I guess: "everything will be fine....BUT"...and this is where it got "messy"...

According to the reader, I've mucked up my whole life, will never get anything I work for. My marriage is ending too!...and this is all my fault..WHAT??!!

But, for $325 she can "cleanse my soul..erase all the bad in my life, because if I don't, the next 10 years are going to mucked up just as much".... When she knew for certain there was no way I have that kind of money....Let me tell you, that reading was over in a flash!!

She did hit upon some things, but wouldn't go any further when she found out there was no way in heck I was going to fork over cold hard cash!!

And then when she found out where I worked/my profession...the whole entire reading switched over to her and what I can do for her business...very unprofessional on her part!!

I am done venting now...thanks for reading...guess I really don't know if I looking for feedback...just a vent. If I didn't read myself, or knew where I stood on things....I be scared to death...and probably fork over the money!!

just unprofessional in my opinion!! Never showed any interest in me...almost like I was wasting her time because I didn't have money to give her...

OK, done know...thanks for reading!!

TractJM

Venting is a wonderful thing :D

What she did is just unethical, unspiritual and greedy. Even the best healers facilitate your own healing because in the end everything your choice - conscious or not. I dont' trust anyone who claims they can totally flush my life clean in an hour without taking on a whole lot of karma and totally messing with MY growth ;)

People like that give true readers and healers a negative image because that's what people remember and hear about.

I hate people who try to terrorize and terrify you into giving them money. That's so wrong.

Baroli

laker91 said:
note: just a vent...but I learned what I don't want to be as a reader.

I think the whole reading was based on scare tactics! The one reading my cards, is probably darn good...but I think she's lost her passion of the Tarot.

The whole thing was just odd, very odd. My question/concern was about work. I have a lot going on. Projects, deadlines...On a mission to get a new job. So, yeah...I'm a little scared and intimated in general...going after a dream...can be scary and emotional.

The reader spreads just about the whole entire deck...I don't know which one it was, older, had "grace", "illusion", "staves", 2 of pentacles was an old man that looked like the hermit. There were cards everywhere.

She answered my question, I guess: "everything will be fine....BUT"...and this is where it got "messy"...

According to the reader, I've mucked up my whole life, will never get anything I work for. My marriage is ending too!...and this is all my fault..WHAT??!!

But, for $325 she can "cleanse my soul..erase all the bad in my life, because if I don't, the next 10 years are going to mucked up just as much".... When she knew for certain there was no way I have that kind of money....Let me tell you, that reading was over in a flash!!

She did hit upon some things, but wouldn't go any further when she found out there was no way in heck I was going to fork over cold hard cash!!

And then when she found out where I worked/my profession...the whole entire reading switched over to her and what I can do for her business...very unprofessional on her part!!

I am done venting now...thanks for reading...guess I really don't know if I looking for feedback...just a vent. If I didn't read myself, or knew where I stood on things....I be scared to death...and probably fork over the money!!

just unprofessional in my opinion!! Never showed any interest in me...almost like I was wasting her time because I didn't have money to give her...

OK, done know...thanks for reading!!

Oh honey, congrats. You were almost scammed. The person is a con artist and probably thought you were an easy mark. Good for you to get out of there. Good for you knew that was a bunch of BS.

Besides,......I can cleanse your soul for half that price,....}) Com'on laugh!!!

laker91

Baroli said:
Oh honey, congrats. You were almost scammed. The person is a con artist and probably thought you were an easy mark. Good for you to get out of there. Good for you knew that was a bunch of BS.

Besides,......I can cleanse your soul for half that price,....}) Com'on laugh!!!

oh, that's fun-e!!

Marcia959

I think you should run a special on soul-cleansing this week, just for Halloween. It's that time of year!

Seriously, a reading like this was one of the last things that convinced me I was ready to be a professional reader. I knew for sure I wasn't going to do it this way. I don't sell candles. I don't remove curses.

Scorpio Kitten

Wow. That's really sad. I can't believe the things some people will do for money.

gregory

Scorpio Kitten said:
Wow. That's really sad. I can't believe the things some people will do for money.
Oh I can. I can list the things I would......

Just to fund my Habit, you understand....

....and I will cleanse your soul REALLY cheaply. I can undercut Baroli any day.... :D

That was crap; it really was. Bad luck. Well done for not getting sucked in.

Now if you'd just care to drop by MY place.... })

Baroli

gregory said:
Oh I can. I can list the things I would......

Just to fund my Habit, you understand....

....and I will cleanse your soul REALLY cheaply. I can undercut Baroli any day.... :D

That was crap; it really was. Bad luck. Well done for not getting sucked in.

Now if you'd just care to drop by MY place.... })

OOOH we could get into a bidding war LOL. Seriously, if people would just realize that these cheaters are trying to mess with your head and soak you for all the money they can,....well still good on you for walking out.

Mellaenn

Marcia959 said:
I think you should run a special on soul-cleansing this week, just for Halloween. It's that time of year!
Actually, might be good for All Souls Day coming right after! :grin:

Laker91 - I echo the sentiments of others here; thank God/dess you knew better! Pity the poor people who don't. I got a reading like that a few years before I started to read myself. It was so hoakie, I'm surprised the woman didn't extend her hand palms up and say "Cross my palm with seelver and I will unburden you from thees curse!" I just laughed at her and left.

Nytebugg

I'm going to undercut all of you on discount soul cleansing. Plus get a free soul cleansing for every 10 you buy.

okay, I kid. I feel bad for those that don't walk away from stuff like that and put money into those scams.