Research Experiment #1

Teheuti

Sidhe-Ra said:
Re: yesterday's US primaries:
You finally went with a Yes but only after waffling back-and-forth:
I wasn't sure if this was a yes or no at first. . . . The Page of wands could be a yes. . . . I think she won't get this one, but I think she will carry on regardless. . . . So, a no...but not the end of the bigger picture.
All this suggested to me that it was more about your "gut feelings" then it was about the cards clearly predicting a result. It's not really what we want in an unambiguous test of the tarot's power of prediction.

On the other hand, everything you said seems a true reflection of what's actually going on - the pulse of the nation, so to speak.

Mary

Sidhe-Ra

Teheuti said:
Re: yesterday's US primaries:
You finally went with a Yes but only after waffling back-and-forth:

All this suggested to me that it was more about your "gut feelings" then it was about the cards clearly predicting a result. It's not really what we want in an unambiguous test of the tarot's power of prediction.

On the other hand, everything you said seems a true reflection of what's actually going on - the pulse of the nation, so to speak.

Mary

Yes I did waver quite a bit! It's also partially because it's a new deck, and one with many layers of meaning in it's images and we haven't go to know each other yet. I'll choose something more straightforward next time.

But 'Tarot's power of prediction'? Now surely Tarot is a tool, it can't do anything without the reader and their skills, which surely must have an element of 'gut feeling' to be relevant to the specific subject of the reading...

Blessings,

Em x

Kenny

I'm currently looking for a new job and am about to visit an online job site.

Q: Will I see a job that I would want to apply for on the visit to the site?

A: VIII: Justice; XIX: The Sun (rx); 0: The Fool (rx) (Majors only)

3 vs 1, no job that I want to apply for to be found. Oh well, off to look.

BTW: I see these cards to show that there was a balance and things worked out well but now the situation is not proceeding well. In fact it looks like progress is blocked and maybe I'm not being daring enough...

Kenny

Result #53

Kenny said:

BTW: I see these cards to show that there was a balance and things worked out well but now the situation is not proceeding well. In fact it looks like progress is blocked and maybe I'm not being daring enough...
There was a job I could apply for but I did not. I'm saving the details and calling the guy when he's back. I don't know if I want to go for that job though.

So unless something happens I was right in my predictions. More tomorrow after I give him a call.

Kenny

Sidhe-Ra said:
Yes I did waver quite a bit! It's also partially because it's a new deck, and one with many layers of meaning in it's images and we haven't go to know each other yet. I'll choose something more straightforward next time.
But in a way isn't what's happening in America partially because it's a new choice--a coloured man and a woman both wanting to be in the running to become president...

Teheuti

Kenny said:

This kind of question is problematic for a research study in that the result is entirely within your control. You can decide to apply for a job that you otherwise might not have. Or, because the answer was No, decide not to apply for a job that you might have. The research project really needs results that are outside your own control.

Good luck with your job hunting and tell us your results anyway.

Mary

MariposAzl

Finally thought of a question to ask!

I've been wanting to participate in this for a few days now but couldn't think of a good question that would yield a definitive answer in a short period of time, but I finally got one :D

Anyway, here goes...
1. Question-Will my son have a green day today?
*at school the children get "graded" for their behaviour everyday with the colors green (excellent), blue (ok), yellow (not so good), and red (visit to the principal's office, teacher has to call home).

2. Deck- Hanson-Roberts mini

Spread- 3-card Yes/No. Upright=Yes; Reversed=No; Middle card counts twice. (Can interpret cards as Past, Present, Future - left to right)
*this is the first time I've used this spread. I would normally just pull one card and read it intuitively, not using the upright or reversal to determine the yes/no answer

Cards- The Magician, Four of Rods rx, Page of Swords

3. Prediction-Well, according to the "rules" of this spread (if I'm understanding it correctly) I got 2 yes and 2 no, so there's no definitive yes or no
BUT,
If I were reading this my way using 3 cards, I'd say no, he won't have a green day, It will be blue. Blue is close to green, still considered a good day, but not as good as green. I also feel he will have a "story" or explanation of why he had a blue day instead of green.
A few weeks ago he had 2 weeks straight of green days (Magician), this week he's been on minor punishments at home for having some bad behaviour at school (4 of rods rx), and I feel he'll have a "story" to tell about his behaviour when he gets home, maybe even a note from teacher (hmm...)

Well, he'll be home in about 4 hours, so I'll post the results then.

Teheuti

MariposAzl said:
3. Prediction-Well, according to the "rules" of this spread (if I'm understanding it correctly) I got 2 yes and 2 no, so there's no definitive yes or no
BUT,
If I were reading this my way using 3 cards, I'd say no
I like how the tarot gets to opt out on giving a yes/no answer. That's why I also like to read the cards in the spread - to see if I can figure out the whole story.

Mary

MariposAzl

Teheuti said:
I like how the tarot gets to opt out on giving a yes/no answer. That's why I also like to read the cards in the spread - to see if I can figure out the whole story.

Mary

Yeah, I thought going into this little experiment "ha ha, very easy, simple, and straight forward yes or no, no having to figure out what the cards are trying to tell me ") " which, of course, it wasn't.
I usually find that when I asume something's going to be easy and simple with the cards, there's always a loop thrown in here and there. Didn't even occur to me the possibility of 2 yes' and 2 no's showing up. Everyone else that tried it got a definate yes or no.
Go figure...

VGimlet

Hmm, not sure if this is too ambigious or not...

"How can I get DH to deal with the mess he's made in the kitchen/breakfast nook"
(I am using i Tarocci di Robot)

My take - 3 of Lasers (Swords)
It bothers me a lot that he's left such a mess and has taken over practically all the kitchen counter space, and his stuff is starting to take over the food prep areas. I've asked him to pick up, and he hasn't, which makes me even more cheesed.

His Take - 6 of Scarabi (r) (Pents)
He thinks I am far too worried about picking up the house in general, and his mess specifically. He's in the middle of a project and the counters will get cleaned up eventually - what's my problem?

Outcome - Fante de Luci (Page of Cups)
At the moment there is no good way to talk to him about it. I need to let my emotions settle down before I bring it up again.

(me, so like WHEN?) Clarifier - Regina di Nulla (Queen of Wands) I need to wait until I've gotten all my projects finished, and my own stuff cleaned up first. When I am in that position, and feeling as if I can keep my temper under control, that will be the time to talk about it.
(Hopefully this weekend...)