Resources for Meditation

Kenny

Though I'm finding 21 Ways hard one thing did come out of it: taking a few deep breaths.

I'm thinking maybe getting a single book--or looking at different resources--on mediation might help me (not only for tarot but for destressing too). Anyone have any good books/resources?

Sulis

Hi Kenny,

I can send you a really good, simple grounding meditation and a simple chakra balancing meditation that follows on from the grounding one if you like.

Send me a quick PM if you'd like them :)

weaver

Sulis said:
Hi Kenny,

I can send you a really good, simple grounding meditation and a simple chakra balancing meditation that follows on from the grounding one if you like.

Send me a quick PM if you'd like them :)
Oh Sulis! Is it too much to ask you to PM me your meditations as well? What a lovely way to begin the New Year! :love:

weaver

Sulis

No problem Weaver, you have a PM :)

Elnor

I just got a book magazine today that I subscribe to, and one of the new books they list is 'The Meditation Bible', which is supposed to be a comprehensive guide to all types of meditations from different traditions- and it gives advice on postures, creating a sacred space, and how to develop a daily practice.

I haven't seen it yet- but sounds like it might be useful... I might have a look at Amazon and see if there are any reviews of it yet. It's by Madonna Gauding.

Elnor

BodhiSeed

Elnor,
I just recently got the Meditation Bible and was disappointed with it. It had some nice visualizations in it, but very few (in my opinion) what I consider to be meditations. However if you like visualizations, you would probably enjoy the book.

Bodhran

Elnor

Ah, that's a shame- it looked good in the description; thanks Bodhran!

Kenny, ignore my suggestion. :shhh:

Elnor

connegrl

Many times if there is a yoga studio near you they will offer classes or workshops on meditation. It often helps to work with a real person the first couple of times.

Jen