Reviving the One Deck Wonder

fluffy

I'm in!

I started this with the Buddha in the original group sometime ago,but it didn't work out for me. Too much going on I guess and also I think I picked the wrong deck - I found I spent more time reading books about Buddhism and doing research online than actually holding them in my hands and reading with them.

Now.... I have been waiting sometime for a deck to arrive in the post which I am unsure will ever arrive :( and all the time I have been waiting I have subconciously refused to read the cards as I was waiting for "this" deck. When (if) it ever arrives I will probably be disappointed anyway so this thread is a great way for me to pick something I already own and study it!

It was a hard choice, I picked decks out looked at some cards and placed them in different piles - "maybe's", "definitely nots" and "trades" - ha, ha. I decided to go for a deck that doesn't have an already defined set of ideas for the cards ie. religious, city/country specific, or one that came with a book by the creator so that I wouldn't just end up studying the book and ignoring the cards which I have a tendancy to do.

Anyway after a long and boring post the outcome is :

Fluffy - secret forest and The green man tree oracle

thorhammer

Hi, fluffy! I'm adding you to the lists in this thread and the new one:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1401001#post1401001

I'm interested in the Secret Forest. One day. Green Man as well, huh? Noice. I recently trimmed mine, did a fantastic job (if I may say so :D) and it's heaps nicer now. More approachable.

\m/ Kat

missycab

I should join this too. I have the Thoth, and I want to study it. I even bought a small book as a journal and started writing things down... I'm in the Lovers now. Maybe I won't advance very fast, because I'll have things going on (next week I start History, the other week I have my last exam of LAw...) but it'll help me focus in it. And it seems that other people will be doing the Thoth, so it'll help me.

So sign me up with THE THOTH!!!

SolSionnach

thorhammer said:
And there's a whole other can of worms! I could spend a very happy IDS with my Faeries, I know that! But when it comes down to it, I'm a Tarot girl. I :heart: the 78. Don't know why - maybe I like rules and structure??? Ah, it's too early in the am for this kind of philosophical discussion . . . :D

\m/ Kat
Oh, I :heart: the 78 as well! And the L&S is a very comfortable deck for me. That being said, I pulled out Power of Flowers, Spirit of the Wheel, Dreamtime Oracle, Moon Oracle, Wisdom of the Four Winds, A couple of Lenormands, and the Druid Animal Oracle.

I spent some time just now with WoFW - it's a very *gentle* deck, rather what I needed today. I haven't even looked at PoF - it wasn't what I expected when I got it, and I almost just gave it away without looking at it. SotW is gorgeous, but I don't know if there are enough cards to last 3 months! Perhaps one month? DAO, MO and DO are unlikely to get the nod, but I want to have a look at them again. I *do* love Caroline Smith's art, as well as Will Worthingtons (who did Druidcraft, too). Lenormand deck reading is so different (and to my understanding, practical rather than spiritual) that I'm very unlikely to go that route.

You know.... Maybe I should get out my BBC 2nd edition and give it a whirl! :bugeyed: Get out of these heavily pagan and shamanic decks, and into something that requires a party hat! :party: :party: :party: :party:

lilith_in_tree

Promise said:
Damnit all!

I just asked my Noblet how it and I will get along, and it gave me nasty results.

Death, The Devil, The Moon...all of which I have a rather crappy feeling about.

What's a girl to do?

*sigh*

See, if I got those three cards I would have immediately thought to myself, oh yeah? We'll just see about that, Monsieur Noblet :laugh: I would see it as a challenge, disruption of the comfortable place I might be in, maybe the deck wanting to shake me up a bit, get me out of the old rut and make me go to strange new places in my mind. And the urge to go back to something you already know instead of somewhere mysterious and confusing can be very seductive. I think the deck is testing you! But that is merely my opinion, and you'll know what's best for you to do, maybe you need a bit more time to think on it :D

PeterS

Sravana I am glad you figured that the Ironwing wasn't going to work for you before we started. I know that while I am committed to the Liber T there are some questions I have about the long run.

I am glad that you have found a deck that will work for you in this adventure.

Peter

blackroseivy

Well now - I only JUST came across a ref to THIS most interesting thread idea - I think I'm in! & the deck that immediately sprang to mind is my Druidcraft; I believe that there are some hidden complexities to it that might deserve my closer attention...

However, 1 that I really feel I SHOULD study, & that is the "Da Vinci Enigma". THAT would probably yield very rich rewards to a real study, & it's something that I have felt I should really do...

So I am torn - any help here?

rwcarter

blackroseivy said:
Well now - I only JUST came across a ref to THIS most interesting thread idea - I think I'm in! & the deck that immediately sprang to mind is my Druidcraft; I believe that there are some hidden complexities to it that might deserve my closer attention...

However, 1 that I really feel I SHOULD study, & that is the "Da Vinci Enigma". THAT would probably yield very rich rewards to a real study, & it's something that I have felt I should really do...

So I am torn - any help here?
There's probably more help available to you with the DC. But if you want a singular experience, I'd say the DVE. Plus, I'd be interested in seeing what someone else comes up with for the DVE.... :D

Rodney

blackroseivy

Having been asked to read for someone, I have decided: I am challenging myself & not going the easy route. "DVE" it is...! Wish me all kinds of luck with this one! ;)

blackroseivy

Well! Just did my 1st official "1DW" reading, & I must say I was MOST pleasantly surprised - I didn't even have to refer to the text!! :D YAY! :D