RRE February 2013 - Wendywu & dancing_moon

dancing_moon

Hi :)

Glad to meet you on this exchange! ;) Here's our spread:

Two Rune Advice (by Glass Owl)

1. This is what I should take a bit more seriously (embrace)

2. This is what I should take less seriously (let go of)

Let me know if you'd like me to give your reading a focus. As for me, I'd like to see whatever your runes will pick for me. ;)

Looking forward to our exchange!
Dancing Moon

Wendywu

No, a general is fine for me please. I'll read later this week if that's OK with you. I'm kinda busy for the first half...

I'm looking forward to working with you :)

dancing_moon

Sure, whenever it's convenient to you. :)

dancing_moon

Wendywu's reading

Hi again :)

I've drawn the following runes for you.

1. This is what I should take a bit more seriously (embrace)
Gebo

From this rune, I get a feeling that you're taking some things and/or relationships in your life for granted. It reminds you that quite often, the most precious things and people you have are the ones you got used so much to that you think they don't need any maintenance or attention anymore. But it isn't so. Gebo tells you to look around and see if you aren't neglecting something or someone, because if you are, you might need to deal with consequences of that neglect later.

2. This is what I should take less seriously (let go of)
Uruz

Uruz is a rune of beginnings and the wild energy of an ox. Here, I feel you need to free yourself from the need to always be the initiator and driver of every project around you. Take it easy! You're overburdening yourself right now. You need to choose what you absolutely have to do personally, and delegate the rest. :)

I hope you can relate these advice to some sphere(s) of your life! :) Looking forward to your feedback and your reading!

Wendywu

Hi dancing moon – thank you for the reading, and here’s my feedback :)

Gebo - From this rune, I get a feeling that you're taking some things and/or relationships in your life for granted. It reminds you that quite often, the most precious things and people you have are the ones you got used so much to that you think they don't need any maintenance or attention anymore. But it isn't so. Gebo tells you to look around and see if you aren't neglecting something or someone, because if you are, you might need to deal with consequences of that neglect later.

This has application to several things in my life. The sad thing is that I know this and even knowing it, I cannot get my act together enough to do something about it. I will spend some more time thinking about possible consequences of continued non-action.

Uruz - Uruz is a rune of beginnings and the wild energy of an ox. Here, I feel you need to free yourself from the need to always be the initiator and driver of every project around you. Take it easy! You're overburdening yourself right now. You need to choose what you absolutely have to do personally, and delegate the rest. :)

My problem is that very shortly I will have no choice. My husband is about to have surgery and will be unable to do very much for some time (and nothing at all for the first few weeks). It therefore falls to me to cope with it all whether I want to or not.

However, I will try to think about each task and decide whether or not it actually needs to be done or whether I can leave it. My problem here is that I cannot simply leave things undone because no-one else will come along and deal with it all for me. Also, I cannot imagine anything more unfair than just leaving it all for my husband to do once he is recovered.

I am wondering whether this rune is referring to self-assumed emotional burdens rather than actual tasks. If this is the case, I very much understand it and will spend some time working out (or trying to work out) why I do this.

Thank you for the reading – it makes sense in many ways, and the runes certainly apply to my life at present :)

Wendywu

You asked me for a “general” and so I really hope this reading has some relevance to some area of your life!

1. This is what I should take more seriously (embrace) – Fehu

The literal meaning of this is “cattle” which can be interpreted to mean wealth – your personal wealth measured in terms of finances, social standing (the two are so very tied together in our society) and personal power.

In this reading the understanding I have of this rune is that you have to give a little to gain a little. And if you want to gain a lot then you have to really put the effort in; this will of necessity involve time, attention and care. If what you seek is a flourishing anything – business, relationship, family life – – then you have to invest yourself in it. Take it seriously, spend time and attention on it. If you don’t, whilst these things probably won’t disappear neither will they prosper and develop as they could. We have all met the people who don’t get the promotions, whose romantic interests don’t get anywhere, and whose friendships gradually fade away.

Fehu says that if you want the wealth (in any sphere of life, and measured emotionally, financially or in any other way) then you have to do the work.

2. This is what I should take less seriously (let go of) – Isa

In connection with this rune I see the reading as being an attitude to let go of, and it comes over as over-thinking situations. Overmuch thought about things can lead you to not actually getting anything done. You cannot keep waiting for the right time – sometimes you just have to get stuck in and hope for the best.

Isa discusses self-control which is in general a good quality that restrains us from ill-thought out action, but for its slightly more negative aspect I think about the nature of an icicle; it is static and whilst it does grow it does this very, very slowly. So although in certain situations a rune telling you to stop and exercise more self control, as being "something to let go" can be a very good thing, I feel that here you are being told that the time for hanging around waiting for something to happen is over. You are not making any perceptible progress and instead you need to take action in line with Fehu’s advice.

I hope this reading gels!

dancing_moon

Thanks a lot for your feedback! I'm sorry to know about your husband, I hope he gets well soon!

I am wondering whether this rune is referring to self-assumed emotional burdens rather than actual tasks. If this is the case, I very much understand it and will spend some time working out (or trying to work out) why I do this.

In this reading, I feel Uruz refers more to starting out something new which is inadvisable. As you already have a lot to worry about, and especially with the connection to Gebo, it's not the best time to initiate new things. As for the existing burdens, it would still be great if someone (other than your husband, naturally) helped you, but only as far as it doesn't mean you neglect your relationships. It's the time to give your everything to your husband and whoever or whatever else needs attention in your life, but it's not the time to start out anything absolutely new.

I hope I've made it clear enough this time. Sometimes it's difficult to put in words what you see or feel about the runes. :)

dancing_moon

When I read this, I almost laughed out loud! :D I've been thinking my life over for the past month, trying to figure out how to bring more wealth into it, in every sense of the word, and there you go...

1. This is what I should take more seriously (embrace) – Fehu

Fehu says that if you want the wealth (in any sphere of life, and measured emotionally, financially or in any other way) then you have to do the work.

I need to write out this quote and display it in some prominent place. :) Seriously, it makes so much sense to me right now!

2. This is what I should take less seriously (let go of) – Isa

In connection with this rune I see the reading as being an attitude to let go of, and it comes over as over-thinking situations. Overmuch thought about things can lead you to not actually getting anything done. You cannot keep waiting for the right time – sometimes you just have to get stuck in and hope for the best.

Isa discusses self-control which is in general a good quality that restrains us from ill-thought out action, but for its slightly more negative aspect I think about the nature of an icicle; it is static and whilst it does grow it does this very, very slowly. So although in certain situations a rune telling you to stop and exercise more self control, as being "something to let go" can be a very good thing, I feel that here you are being told that the time for hanging around waiting for something to happen is over. You are not making any perceptible progress and instead you need to take action in line with Fehu’s advice.

That's just about the most accurate description of what I've been doing starting from Christmas. :D I guess, this time I just need to get going and learn from my mistakes rather than try and make a 'perfect' plan.

Thanks so much for your reading! I hope we can do another exchange some time! :heart:

Wendywu

In this reading, I feel Uruz refers more to starting out something new which is inadvisable. As you already have a lot to worry about, and especially with the connection to Gebo, it's not the best time to initiate new things. As for the existing burdens, it would still be great if someone (other than your husband, naturally) helped you, but only as far as it doesn't mean you neglect your relationships. It's the time to give your everything to your husband and whoever or whatever else needs attention in your life, but it's not the time to start out anything absolutely new.

I hope I've made it clear enough this time. Sometimes it's difficult to put in words what you see or feel about the runes. :)

That makes a great deal of sense. There were a couple of ideas I'd sort of floated as needing to be done and which I could make a start on, but they are capable of waiting if they have to. They will still be there when my husband is back on his feet and coping again. And then - I can get stuck in :)

Thank you - this helps a lot!