Sana Takeda, illustrator, should do a Tarot deck!

blackroseivy

I just caught this graphic novel on Amazon, "Monstress". Check out the illustration! She is young and Japanese. Evidently she illustrates trading card game decks. I think it would be a natural development for her to do a Tarot. Wish I knew Japanese and could get this message to her somehow! Oh and one other thing, the style is not quite anime which I personally deeply appreciate.

FLizarraga

Oh YES.

The faces are sometimes a little too anime-y (in the Pokemon-y sense), but I love the richness of detail, and the steampunkiness. It reminds me a bit of The Last Unicorn, but more intricate, and with a darker, edgier quality.

ETA: Maybe writing to Image Comics?

reall

oh! Yes! I've had exactly the same idea when reading that comic recently!XD
her character design is perfect!XD
imo everyone knows English today!:) and have e mail http://www.sanatakeda.com/
so why not give it a shoot?:)) lolz

blackroseivy

Oh thanks sure!! And I figured that others here might know her work. Yes a touch anime-y but original looking and not cookie cutter like 98% of modern Asian illustration these days. I bet she'll do one!

LauraKai

Her artwork looks great! I would definitely be interested in a deck.

Padma

Oh YES.

The faces are sometimes a little too anime-y (in the Pokemon-y sense), but I love the richness of detail, and the steampunkiness. It reminds me a bit of The Last Unicorn, but more intricate, and with a darker, edgier quality.

ETA: Maybe writing to Image Comics?

I have to agree, Flizzy, re anime style; however, I do love the Mucha meets Steampunk look! Beautifully done. I am sure she could totally make a deck with her main character featuring throughout! She is very talented.

UniversesCollide

I just caught this graphic novel on Amazon, "Monstress". Check out the illustration! She is young and Japanese. Evidently she illustrates trading card game decks. I think it would be a natural development for her to do a Tarot. Wish I knew Japanese and could get this message to her somehow! Oh and one other thing, the style is not quite anime which I personally deeply appreciate.

Beautiful art, so now instead of just having real decks on my wishlist, I may have to start adding decks that I wish existed. lol

Edited to add: If she ever does a deck, I hope she actually does the artwork specifically for the deck rather than it being a deck of her existing artwork put onto cards that they can pass for matching.

On a side note: Do you read Monstress? How is it?

reall

Beautiful art, so now instead of just having real decks on my wishlist, I may have to start adding decks that I wish existed. lol

Edited to add: If she ever does a deck, I hope she actually does the artwork specifically for the deck rather than it being a deck of her existing artwork put onto cards that they can pass for matching.

On a side note: Do you read Monstress? How is it?

oh! yep!^^ I was! stumbled on it on amazon and was swept with wth AMAZING ARTWORK!@,@ moment I've seen that cover got idea it would be great Tarot card!XD lolz

p.s story may be bit on gore side so not for *sensitive audience?x,x but imo nothing worse then you usually see in popular literature n comic scene!x,x :)) definitely worth checking out!^^:))

blackroseivy

Just caught this, actually no I don't read graphic novels/comic books. But I took one look at her art and immediately thought Tarot lol!

Maru

I am not familiar with her work, but I can translate a small email if you need. You can PM me... though for small messages, Google translation should be really fine to construct a good message. Just keep to simpler sentence structures and avoid writing sentences with overly complex grammar. If you use very basic English too in a direct email, that might be fine as well... she has probably received English mail before if she is a very popular artist.