Scythe - Mice - Stars

samantha

QU: What do I need to know about this situation ?

Enchanted Lenormand : Scythe - Mice - Stars

I will need guidance/divine intervention (Stars) to minimise the effects (mice) of anxiety (mice) and something being brought to a sudden, sharp stop (scythe)

or

A sudden end (scythe) to anxiety (mice) is destined (stars)

The second seems better in terms of it being less convoluted but it's also the outcome I'd most welcome !

Scythe- Mice feels quite negative and stressful as a duo suggesting to me anxiety and separation , but I'm less sure how to add stars into that mix. It is a glimmer of light ...but I can't see how it impacts on the other two. Perhaps it only modifies , for the better, their message ever so slightly ?

EDIT : I've just read what Caitlin Matthews has to say - she believes that the Star "uplifts" the cards next to it - so perhaps it reduces any Scythe-mice negativity after all.

decan

I agree with you.
Because the 2 first cards are really bad, I don't think the Star card can solve all the problems.
Nevertheless this card can show an improvement, maybe in connection with to have a higher point of view or to feel at a higher level.

samantha

Thanks Decan. So as a sentence how might you word it ? : Some improvements and better clarity (stars) in an anxious (mice) and ********* ( ?? - Scythe - ) situation.

decan

Thanks Decan. So as a sentence how might you word it ? : Some improvements and better clarity (stars) in an anxious (mice) and ********* ( ?? - Scythe - ) situation.
An acute problem (Scythe) brings anxiety (Mice) but nevertheless some appeasement could be found (Star).

Barleywine

Since Mice damages or diminishes whatever comes before it and the consequences of that impact are felt in the card that comes after, I would read this as saying that either the sharpness of the Scythe's action will be blunted, or the erosive action of the Mice on the Stars will be somewhat whittled down. Although it's said that "two negatives don't make a positive," the Mice could "pull the claws" of the Scythe and at the same time be "cut down to size" by it, leaving the Star relatively unaffected. This may take some of the pressure off of trying to live up to what may be unrealistically high expectations.

samantha

An acute problem (Scythe) brings anxiety (Mice) but nevertheless some appeasement could be found (Star).

A better constructed sentence than my own ! Thanks again :)

samantha

Since Mice damages or diminishes whatever comes before it and the consequences of that impact are felt in the card that comes after, I would read this as saying that either the sharpness of the Scythe's action will be blunted, or the erosive action of the Mice on the Stars will be somewhat whittled down. Although it's said that "two negatives don't make a positive," the Mice could "pull the claws" of the Scythe and at the same time be "cut down to size" by it, leaving the Star relatively unaffected. This may take some of the pressure off of trying to live up to what may be unrealistically high expectations.

Ah ha ! :) Very nice interpretation :thumbsup:

Is "and the consequences of that impact are felt in the card that comes after it" a Lenormand *given* (and if so, by whom? ) or a truth that you have arrived at yourself ? It's taken me along time, but I've only just moved from the comfort of two card draws so I apologise if this is 101 !

I really like the idea of "be cut down to size" - as a phrase, with its accompanying collocations, it makes sense to the situation asked about. You are very right that my expectations are high in this situation. Perhaps the *stature* of all involved will be re thought out. Very good Barleywine ! A++ ;)

GotH

I see the first two cards like a hit and run accident. I see rats scattering like car pieces would. Unfortunate yes, but the star at the end means it's over now but at least no one got hurt. Like its saying be grateful that the person who caused the "hit and run" didn't kill anyone. The situation was destined to happen in order for something worse not to happen.

Just some thoughts..

Barleywine

Ah ha ! :) Very nice interpretation :thumbsup:

Is "and the consequences of that impact are felt in the card that comes after it" a Lenormand *given* (and if so, by whom? ) or a truth that you have arrived at yourself ? It's taken me along time, but I've only just moved from the comfort of two card draws so I apologise if this is 101 !

I really like the idea of "be cut down to size" - as a phrase, with its accompanying collocations, it makes sense to the situation asked about. You are very right that my expectations are high in this situation. Perhaps the *stature* of all involved will be re thought out. Very good Barleywine ! A++ ;)

This interpretation of the Mice comes from Andy Boroveshengra, who was my main source of learning and inspiration when he was a member here, and now I follow the methods described in his book, Lenormand: 36 cards.

samantha

I see the first two cards like a hit and run accident. I see rats scattering like car pieces would. Unfortunate yes, but the star at the end means it's over now but at least no one got hurt. Like its saying be grateful that the person who caused the "hit and run" didn't kill anyone. The situation was destined to happen in order for something worse not to happen.

Just some thoughts..

Wow ! Thanks for this. I definitely won't discard your impressions here, but it's like watching something come out of the mist...I can't make things out distinctly tho I get an initial sense or connection to shape/colour (the basics if you like). Hopefully it will coalesce later (but not too late !!)