Sea Glass?

AJ

Keep in mind too, that much advertised seaglass is just broken bottle glass that has been tumbled and sold as seaglass, by the pound.

All Is One

Anam, I also hope you post a photo. Sounds lovely.

Anam Cara

Thank you all so very much for your input! :)

I'll try this week to post a photo, thanks for asking...

As for the term "natural" i used to describe the piece...i realize the glass itself is man-made. However, as AJ mentioned, a lot of what is advertised as "sea glass" right now has actually been tumbled (by machine) and labeled as sea glass and is sold by the pound. There is a way, though, to tell the "natural" (sea-tumbled) from the man-made (machine-tumbled) glass...
If anyone is interested, here's a link to more info...

http://www.jewelrybydaniellerenee.com/page/about

(btw, this is on the website that belongs to the artist i bought my pendant from...)

The difference is especially striking in bright sunlight...the glass looks "frosted" and the piece simply glitters! almost as if tiny pieces of crystal lie just below the surface...

Regardless of whether or not it has healing powers, it makes me happy to look at it and in turn i feel good when i wear it. I look forward to some day passing this one-of-a-kind piece down to my daughter and hope she too will treasure it.

Thanks again, all, for your insights!
:heart:cara

floracove

anam_chara said:
it makes me happy to look at it and in turn i feel good when i wear it. I look forward to some day passing this one-of-a-kind piece down to my daughter and hope she too will treasure it.
I would think that this is the true magic of the sea glass piece you possess.
;)

Briar Rose

To me sea-glass has a very cooling, and magical feeling.

I have an empty bottle of Choe that put some bits of sea-glass, sand and shells in. I think it has a magical presence.

I can't wait to get to a beach and look for some.

Anything from the ocean is healing to me.

Anam Cara

Thanks for requesting the photo, All is One...I'm happy to share!

Attachments

• pendant.jpg
    pendant.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 141

Master_Margarita

That really is quite lovely.

M~

sharpchick

Master_Margarita said:
That really is quite lovely.

M~

Oh yes, just beautiful. Thanks for sharing that.

memries

That is really beautiful Anam and I am going to read the article you suggested. No wonder you are so happy with it. It looks magical and I see what you mean by the stars in it.

Anam Cara

Thank you everyone for your comments! I wasn't sure if sea glass would be an appropriate subject here, but I think I've found some kindred spirits! (ok, I KNOW i have!!)

HeavensVault said:
To me sea-glass has a very cooling, and magical feeling.
I have an empty bottle of Choe that put some bits of sea-glass, sand and shells in. I think it has a magical presence.
I can't wait to get to a beach and look for some.
Anything from the ocean is healing to me.
HeavensVault, that's a great way to put it, "cooling and magical"...so true! My pendant is a little piece of the ocean I can carry with me...I often find myself rubbing it between two fingers like a worry stone...ahhhh.h.h.h...:)

We live a couple hours from the coast here, and I don't get over near often enough, but I still count myself lucky that I can get there once a month or so...

My so is very understanding, even encouraged me to decorate our family room with an ocean theme...we call it DBA (da beach room ;) ) and it has a jar or two (or 3, or...!!) of beach glass and shells here and there too...a VERY magical (and as you say, healing!) presence indeed!
:heart:cara