Secrets of the Lenormand Study Group - Q&A

Golden Moon

robertreech said:
I have just joined. This question is for Sylvie. A friend in Germany is mailing me the ASS Lenormand cards this week. Can your book "Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle" be used with ASS type Lenormand cards?
If not, please advise as to where to obtain a deck that is proper for your book.
Thanks.

I believe that "Secrets of the Lenormand Oralce" book is valid for any cards that carry the 36 symbols.

Miss Divine

Golden Moon is right.
The choice which deck you use as long as it's the 36 card deck is up to you.

Miss Divine

How do others do this??

Okay so someone comes to you for a reading about someone. But they don't have the name of the person OR a picture for you to focus on to charge the key card.

This does make it almost to impossible doesn't it to charge the key card properly?

olivia1

If this has already been answered,please refer me to the post number. If its in the book, please refer me to the correct book page number (because I cannot find it).

Q: how do you decide personally decide when to combine the cards (read: when to use the card combination given in the book) versus when to read them individually?do you just go by intuition or is there really a time and place/certain question (i.e love questions perhaps) when you should do one over the other?

I am reading the book and the example of Tom and Laura (pg 190) throws me off. If you were to use the card combination (Love+book and crossroad+dog) you would get one answer but if you were to analyze them individually, it seems (unless I also got that wrong), you would get different answer.

If this answer is in the book, please refer me to the page because for the life of me I cannot find it..

Golden Moon

olivia1 said:
If this has already been answered,please refer me to the post number. If its in the book, please refer me to the correct book page number (because I cannot find it).

Q: how do you decide personally decide when to combine the cards (read: when to use the card combination given in the book) versus when to read them individually?do you just go by intuition or is there really a time and place/certain question (i.e love questions perhaps) when you should do one over the other?

I am reading the book and the example of Tom and Laura (pg 190) throws me off. If you were to use the card combination (Love+book and crossroad+dog) you would get one answer but if you were to analyze them individually, it seems (unless I also got that wrong), you would get different answer.

If this answer is in the book, please refer me to the page because for the life of me I cannot find it..

The combination that are written in the book are an example of what one card means when its associated with another. I would strongly suggest and recommend you to go through the "Secrets of the Lenormand Study Group" if you ever have a chance. The best way is for you to interpret your meanings depending on what the cards mean to you. Say you ask, "How can I tell X that I'm found of her?" and you get the following cards...

Birds & Moon = Talk to X about how you feel. The birds are about communication and the moon is about feelings.

I hope this helps:).

olivia1

Thank you, Golden Moon!

That is a great example you gave: it was very clear and easy to understand :) I am no longer confused. Also thank you for sharing the study group with me.. you are a gem :).

Golden Moon said:
The combination that are written in the book are an example of what one card means when its associated with another. I would strongly suggest and recommend you to go through the "Secrets of the Lenormand Study Group" if you ever have a chance. The best way is for you to interpret your meanings depending on what the cards mean to you. Say you ask, "How can I tell X that I'm found of her?" and you get the following cards...

Birds & Moon = Talk to X about how you feel. The birds are about communication and the moon is about feelings.

I hope this helps:).

Sylvie Steinbach

lack of name

When you do not know the name or title to charge the keycard with, you have to know what it is about. For example, you don't know the name of the person but you know how he/she looks like, charge the keycard with that mental picture instead. However you will have to be super focus when you shuffle and when you pick in order to keep the accuracy to the maximum. Hope this helps. If you have a specific situation dealing with this dilemma and that does not respond to the problem, please post your issue and let's see if we can troubleshoot for you on how to proceed.

Sylvie Steinbach

Choosing the right lenormand deck

If you are a complete newbie, pick one that has the playing cards on top besides the regular lenormand symbols. Poems tend to distract the 'client' and make him/her doubt that you know what you are doing because clients think you are using the poems to know what the card means. So if you do not want to deal with this issue, do not use poems lenormand cards in consult.

Any 36 Lenormand deck will work with the book; the artwork is your preference. Most Lenormand fans own more than one deck, the average is 4 different kinds. Why? they are reasonably priced and offer a variety of drawings. However the symbols remain the same and in the same order.

Enjoy!

Golden Moon

olivia1 said:
Thank you, Golden Moon!

That is a great example you gave: it was very clear and easy to understand :) I am no longer confused. Also thank you for sharing the study group with me.. you are a gem :).

I'm glad to be of some help Olivia. Best of luck on your Lenormand journey:D!

IheartTarot

Question on selecting cards

Sorry if this has already been addressed somewhere else.

When using the no layout method and selecting cards from a fanned out deck, should I consistently work my way from left to right, i.e. should each subsequent card come from somewhere after the previous one in the deck? Or can I pick each card from anywhere?