see not do

yakn

How often during the course of your professional or non-professional careers have you had to remind the querent that you only see it in the cards you do not MAKE it happen? It used to be only one out of many many, now it seems to crop up more and more often.

I guess you know you have done a really on target, hit the nail on the head reading when you get "I rebuke you for the devil you are!"and they hang up after finding out the bad thing "they" wanted to happen to someone isn't in the cards and "no, sir I can't make that happen". lol

Blessings,
yakn

nisaba

<cackle> you even see it around hte Purple Pages, with people saying they saw a warning in their cards and the warning played out in their lives, so they're now afraid of using their cards because it might warn them again - or make something happen!

It never makes something happen.

It just gives you advance warning, which give you time to change course or prepare for impact. I personally *like* being prepared.

214red

people are often weird, i have a friend who thinks i make things happen when i read the cards, i have explained this over and over and she still doesnt get it.

I made the mistake of saying that she need to eat well and rest if not she would get a cold the next week, but she then blamed me when she got a cold.....hence we arent friends anymore

yakn

I agree forewarned is forearmed. lol

For the most part the people I read for are really good people with real problems or searching souls so to speak then there are the one's who want to use me as a virtual stalker to spy on the object of their desire or as with the latest one...if I couldn't tell him something wickedly horrible would happen to his hated one (where I explained yet again that I can only tell what I see not make something happen) then I was from the devil and he had to rebuke me lol. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Even if I had that kind of power I wouldn't do that. Ah the hearts of man...

Oh by the by I have taken the stance of whenever one wants to use the reading as a stalker venue that instead of giving the third party speech of that is not ethical, I use the (and yes I have seen the signs) I am sorry but the third party's (he or she) guardian/guides have place a no trespassing sign there and I respect the no trespassing sign for their privacy. This is much more readily accepted by the most except for that one or two who storm off looking for someone else to do their dirty work lol.

All in all lit a white candle and bathe off the negativity.

Blessings,
yakn

nisaba said:
<cackle> you even see it around hte Purple Pages, with people saying they saw a warning in their cards and the warning played out in their lives, so they're now afraid of using their cards because it might warn them again - or make something happen!

It never makes something happen.

It just gives you advance warning, which give you time to change course or prepare for impact. I personally *like* being prepared.

Alta

I sometimes think that is main reason why some people are afraid of the cards. If they get 'bad' cards that it will cause the bad thing to happen. Experienced readers use the 'forewarned is forearmed' theory but folks not used to divination have some very strange 'cause and effect' ideas in their heads.

Alta

SunChariot

Alta said:
I sometimes think that is main reason why some people are afraid of the cards. If they get 'bad' cards that it will cause the bad thing to happen. Experienced readers use the 'forewarned is forearmed' theory but folks not used to divination have some very strange 'cause and effect' ideas in their heads.
Alta

We all know better as readers. But those who are not readers know only what they have heard about Tarot. And that is the common view of it in society that we can make something happen OR that there is some kind of fate that cannot be avoided, like we might predict some horrible future and once the card comes up it can't be changed. (sigh)

I would so love to see Tarot made mainstream and have the fear taken from it. I am always doing what I can to dispell all that.

Babs

Umbrae

yakn said:
How often during the course of your professional or non-professional careers have you had to remind the querent that you only see it in the cards you do not MAKE it happen? It used to be only one out of many many, now it seems to crop up more and more often.

Never. A sitters belief system is THEIR belief system, not mine. I AM however very careful about how to word future event card & positional 'meanings'.

tarotmama

Oh yes. I was the "witch" that made one of my clients husband go to jail.

It had nothing to do with the fact that he stopped paying his child-support and never showed up for his probation meetings. :rolleyes:

yaraluna

I only tell the sitter, in the beginning of the reading, the cards give a glimpse of what's at work, but that they are the ones ultimately responsible for their choices.

Like Umbrae, I am very careful with what I tell them re: future cards and such.

yara

OOnaOwl

I have this come up frequently with sitters also. They seem to think that they have no control over the future laid out in the cards. My standard line is "the future is not set in stone, but more like silly putty. We can change it's shape, size & colour with the choices we make based on the information we have." I agree, forewarned is forearmed!