Share pictures of your crystals here!

linnie

hello Calayvie :)

I love leopardskin jasper, too, and I also love stones with imperfections because, well, we have things in common :D

Yes... You're right about Rhyolite, I'm pretty sure now that you mention it that I've also read that :)... I've seen polished pieces at local festivals that look identical in colour and drusy vs opaque etc etc... Same with Ocean orbicular jasper... both amongst my favourites!!

I love your leopardskin jasper heart, too... yes, the break and mend in it is very special!! :D

Hi linnie! That's a gorgeous rainforest jasper!

I think rainforest jasper, as well as orbicular jasper and leopard skin Jasper, are actually types of rhyolite. It's really confusing! But that's what I've read, and I have a lovely leopardskin jasper heart, and after reading up about it I've determined its actually rhyolite.
So you'd be right in thinking your sphere looks like rhyolite! [emoji6]

So while I'm here, here's my leopard skin Jasper (rhyolite!) Heart.

3c000eb7d708f28eff9fe2eb1a9aff66.jpg

007b1b77c25e62014c619d654cf68a77.jpg

This speaks beautifully to me, the wound across it and all the greyish black spots are so symbolic, it really helps me to see the beauty in my imperfections, and accept myself as I am. [emoji4]

Eta a better pic

Sent from my R5 using Tapatalk

celticnoodle

Wonderful CN... I've reposted the pic of the Window crystal and a smaller one of the MudStone... hopefully they'll stay put... I hope I know what caused the disappearance!! Fingers crossed. :)

GORGEOUS PICTURES! :)

That's always a tricky one, deciding which crystals to take to places... Mine just seem to put their hand up, but I guess I have a bit of a rule of thumb with one aspect of selection, and that is to take the ones that I'm most likely to use for healings, as somewhere with Sedona's energy should really clear them of dross if you set that intention :D And, i always take a grounding stone, because i'm a bit airy... :)

The Mud Stone feels like a friend... :)
Yes, I wish I could take them ALL, but that would be impossible--as it would be too many to carry around. :D I will definitely take my two jet stones--as they are very grounding. and I had to eta - I'm "airy" too. I am a Libra and a REAL airhead! :laugh: I'm considering taking the moldavite and pietersite crystals too. It just *feels* like the right thing to do. As for others, not sure. I'm thinking the kyanite too and my small (and newest) crystal ball. Its about the size of a golf ball though--and heavy. Hubby won't be thrilled about that! :laugh:

I will keep in mind the healing aspect, of course. The Kyanite is a healing crystal, and aligns the chakras (which I always need!) but I purchased it mainly to enhance my telepathic and psychic abilities and to help with communication and my meditations. I am always nervous when I need to communicate face to face w/people, as I have very little self confidence. I'm working hard on building that up and I am much better today then where I was even a year ago.

Yes... $40 is well within my budget for a beautiful crystal piece... so my mini-me splendid crystal was a bargain as far as I'm concerned... :) The Herkimer, even though it is really quite large for a Herkimer... about 2.5", roughly, was way more than I'm happy with, but only because it doesn't feel like a companion crystal to me... My error in selecting it... it's beautiful, we just don't resonate buzzingly! :D

well, that is too bad, but I'm sure one day you will find the right person for the Herkimer and it will be a lovely gift too! $40.00 is also in my budget for crystals--even a solitary one, but not more then that really, unless it is a very, very special crystal.

You live near Herkimer, CN?? How cool... you can go fossicking for your own Herkimers??? That's very exciting!!! I love fossicking... My oldest daughter, as a 10 year old on our around Oz trip, used to just jump out of the car on break stops, and face head down, behind up, and she'd invariably pick up a faceted crystal!!!! Truly... quartz, milky quartz, amethyst... only little ones, but she'd just pick them up!! She's still like that with 4-leaved clovers!
:laugh: yes, we live about 2hrs from Herkimer, NY. There is also a Living Museum somewhere near there that the hubby is interested in visiting too, so we are going to make a weekend of it and stay in a hotel between the 2 places. One day will be spent digging for our Herkimers and the other day at the museum. I almost hope we go to the Museum first, because I know I will want to ooh and ahh over all my rocks, if I get the stash I am hoping for! :laugh:

celticnoodle

Linnie, what a LOVELY sphere!!! I love all the colors in it, which I know is common with a Rainforest Jasper. Just beautiful!

The Mangano Calcite is also lovely. It reminds me of a rose quartz and I thought at first it was that with inclusions in it. I can feel the love of it just coming from the picture and so I am sure it is a calming and nurturing, loving stone.

Calayvie, your leopard skin jasper heart crystal is also beautiful, too. I love jaspers! This one immediately made me think of my power animal, (Jaguar), due to its spots--and of course its a "Leopard skin" jasper. I have some jaspers--but not one like this with the black spots that really jumped out at me! I'll have to look for one like this. :)

Of course, I had to google its properties, and it is also known as "The Jaguar Stone". So, I must get one soon! :D (you're such an enabler!!!) I see it is also a healing stone, among many of its other qualities and especially for chronic health conditions. So a must for me again!!!

and, yikes! I'm due at work in less then 20 minutes....so off and running!!! (another reason why I need that stone! maybe it would help me to be as fast as a jaguar! ;) ).

linnie

Thank you :D Gorgeous stones :D

Taking the jet sounds like a plan! :) and the Kyanite would also be a lovely fellow companion... I'd probably fly off altogether in Sedona if I was Moldavite-ed :D

I'd have huge difficulty deciding who to take and who to leave at home...

I have to make the same decision for both crystal friends and my flutes soon, as we ready ourselves for our other little paradise. :)

I'm certain the Herkimer will find a new home without too much trouble... I should always go with my gut feeling re my connectivity to certain plants... but how delightful to be fossicking for your own :heart:eyelids closing so i have to get off the computer ...

xxxxx

Yes, I wish I could take them ALL, but that would be impossible--as it would be too many to carry around. :D I will definitely take my two jet stones--as they are very grounding. and I had to eta - I'm "airy" too. I am a Libra and a REAL airhead! :laugh: I'm considering taking the moldavite and pietersite crystals too. It just *feels* like the right thing to do. As for others, not sure. I'm thinking the kyanite too and my small (and newest) crystal ball. Its about the size of a golf ball though--and heavy. Hubby won't be thrilled about that! :laugh:

I will keep in mind the healing aspect, of course. The Kyanite is a healing crystal, and aligns the chakras (which I always need!) but I purchased it mainly to enhance my telepathic and psychic abilities and to help with communication and my meditations. I am always nervous when I need to communicate face to face w/people, as I have very little self confidence. I'm working hard on building that up and I am much better today then where I was even a year ago.

well, that is too bad, but I'm sure one day you will find the right person for the Herkimer and it will be a lovely gift too! $40.00 is also in my budget for crystals--even a solitary one, but not more then that really, unless it is a very, very special crystal.

:laugh: yes, we live about 2hrs from Herkimer, NY. There is also a Living Museum somewhere near there that the hubby is interested in visiting too, so we are going to make a weekend of it and stay in a hotel between the 2 places. One day will be spent digging for our Herkimers and the other day at the museum. I almost hope we go to the Museum first, because I know I will want to ooh and ahh over all my rocks, if I get the stash I am hoping for! :laugh:

JustJazzie

WOW! Miss a few days and this thread sure does move fast! Ive been reading the replies, but I haven't had a minuet to sit down and respond. To those who asked, Im using the spheres with the Thelma tarot. Its fascinating because when she sent me the 6 spheres and the selenite tower (that I hadn't mentioned yet) I knew it must be for a grid. It wasn't until I set up the grid and matching tarot spread that I realized it matches the 6 pointed star in the back of the cards! Super cool.

Hello in there, Padma and CN...

Thank you both for your replies... :)

That's so weird!!! That's what happened last time... the pics were there, and then they disappeared!!! I don't understand what's going on...

CN, you know how you mentioned that you were happy to PM coach me re image posting...? Yes please!!! :D

I looked at how others were posted by going to quote them, and noticed that the image name was the url and that if you added
at the end the images would show up as open pics on the post itself rather than as links... But why are they disappearing again??? Arggh! ... any ideas? Anyone? :)
attachment.php

attachment.phpattachmentid=84398&stc=1&d=1473777376

attachment.php
WOW! WOW! WOW!! That is intense. Absolutely stunning. You definitely scored there! You could absolutely get lost inside it.

it sounds like you are in for a super fun trip! I can't wait to see what finds you!
Im a little strange in what I pack I suppose. I always leave my special ones home. I take a smoothed chakra set, and I take a chakra set Ive collected of small rough pocket stones. It fits in my "travel altar" nicely, gives me enough variety for whatever may come up ,and I know if I lost one I wouldn't need to cry over it!

You made me laugh when you called yourself an air head!! I TOTALLY feel you. Ive been on a "journey of self discovery" as of late, and there is NOTHING about any of my charts (numerology, astrology, aura etc) that even comes close to being grounded. I think I could tie a 50 lb tourmaline around my neck and still live up in the clouds!

linnie

WOW! Miss a few days and this thread sure does move fast! Ive been reading the replies, but I haven't had a minuet to sit down and respond. To those who asked, Im using the spheres with the Thelma tarot. Its fascinating because when she sent me the 6 spheres and the selenite tower (that I hadn't mentioned yet) I knew it must be for a grid. It wasn't until I set up the grid and matching tarot spread that I realized it matches the 6 pointed star in the back of the cards! Super cool.

WOW! WOW! WOW!! That is intense. Absolutely stunning. You definitely scored there! You could absolutely get lost inside it.

it sounds like you are in for a super fun trip! I can't wait to see what finds you!
Im a little strange in what I pack I suppose. I always leave my special ones home. I take a smoothed chakra set, and I take a chakra set Ive collected of small rough pocket stones. It fits in my "travel altar" nicely, gives me enough variety for whatever may come up ,and I know if I lost one I wouldn't need to cry over it!

You made me laugh when you called yourself an air head!! I TOTALLY feel you. Ive been on a "journey of self discovery" as of late, and there is NOTHING about any of my charts (numerology, astrology, aura etc) that even comes close to being grounded. I think I could tie a 50 lb tourmaline around my neck and still live up in the clouds!
Thank you, JustJazzie :) Seems we all 3 are airheads!!!! CN and I already had this discussion!! My chart shows someone who should end up being, well, just about like me!!!

I use petrified wood, mainly, as I source it from my favourite sacred place and it has meaning for me... it's black, as it was charred before being petrified, but, yes, no amount of that will eliminate my air-headedness :D

The Window crystal really is a beautiful thing... the window is just one aspect, as it's a window/elestial/double terminated amazing thing! I need to sit with it more!!! With LOTS of petrified wood :D

celticnoodle

I hope it'll be a super fun trip. :) I've been wanting to do this for years and now we are FINALLY getting to it! :thumbsup: That is a great idea to take a chakra set. I don't have a dedicated chakra set--seen them, never bought them. I just pick out specific stones for whatever chakra needs them, if I use them in that way. But that is a great idea!
oh well, its well known w/in my family and very close friends that this is true. *shrugs* Luckily and perhaps honestly--I can blame it on being a Libra. :D My husband even says that even when I walk it looks like I'm floating on air a few inches above the ground. :laugh:

morticia monroe

Oh I adore those beautiful spheresšŸ˜ I can feel them through this phone. Strong little darlings they are .....

sweetcherise13

I haven't checked in on this thread for a while and after looking at all the absolutely gorgeous stones all I can say is...Wow!! :love: :bugeyed: :love:
I must remember to stay in touch here more often. Thank you to everyone for sharing. :)

linnie

Linnie, what a LOVELY sphere!!! I love all the colors in it, which I know is common with a Rainforest Jasper. Just beautiful!

The Mangano Calcite is also lovely. It reminds me of a rose quartz and I thought at first it was that with inclusions in it. I can feel the love of it just coming from the picture and so I am sure it is a calming and nurturing, loving stone.

Calayvie, your leopard skin jasper heart crystal is also beautiful, too. I love jaspers! This one immediately made me think of my power animal, (Jaguar), due to its spots--and of course its a "Leopard skin" jasper. I have some jaspers--but not one like this with the black spots that really jumped out at me! I'll have to look for one like this. :)

Of course, I had to google its properties, and it is also known as "The Jaguar Stone". So, I must get one soon! :D (you're such an enabler!!!) I see it is also a healing stone, among many of its other qualities and especially for chronic health conditions. So a must for me again!!!

and, yikes! I'm due at work in less then 20 minutes....so off and running!!! (another reason why I need that stone! maybe it would help me to be as fast as a jaguar! ;) ).
Absolutely the Jaguar stone... I think that's why I had such a bond with it a few years ago... :) Maybe it could help you shapeshift and travel through different realms and just pop out at work way ahead of time!!

Mangano is one that I now find palmstones or pebbles of to give to people rather than rose quartz... to me it is even more gentle and nurturing... two beautiful young women, neighbours of mine, lost their dad recently to depression. I gave them a beautiful sphere of mangano, one i'd kept 'just in case'... their mum told me that all 3 of them cuddle it and love it a lot... I love gifting stones at the right moment... just gentle, quiet, support...

Finally time to answer your post properly... Very cool that you grid with your crystals :D

I just looked at the Thelma cards... I'd never heard of it, not being a collector... I've said that I'm not a huge fan of almost real people/photographic style images, but I have to confess that i absolutely LOVE the Fool card... It's one of my favourites ever!!! :D The cards pastel but sometimes metallic but other times almost ethereal artwork would definitely match those beautiful spheres... what a lovely combo..:)

I take whichever crystals demand to go with me, but most often it is the one that feels to be the most powerfully healing/Journeying energy and the one that feels to be the most cocooning and grounding as a two stone combination... that way, i cover most bases, and get to charge my current working crystals up with awesome energy from very special places :D

I already commented on the mutual airhead aspect... ask anyone who knows me... just ask!!! :D :heart: