Shining Woman vs Shining Tribe

fferyllt

Sphinxmoth said:
*Definitely, it does*. And I have decided to put the Shining Tribe on my lil notebook list and try to pick one up maybe on my next trip to the metaphysical shops. I like that the border color has changed, that the cards are a bit larger, that printing flaws have been addressed and colors (by everyone's agreement) have been improved by the changes. I also definitely don't need both. Thanks for your opinion. :)
You're welcome. Glad it was helpful. :)

thorhammer

And may I add my own thanks, first to Sphinxmoth and thence to everyone else - I was just about to start a new thread on exactly this topic, and this has saved me the anguish of doing that (I hate starting new threads *bites nails*). Very informative and helpful, as usual. I'll get the ST one day soon, to augment the SW that was my first and still beloved deck although it's far, far away from me :(

\m/ Kat

SolSionnach

fferyllt said:
I've seen other's say that recently about the Llewellyn cardstock too, but haven't found it to be a problem with my decks (though I find the World Spirit extremely stiff for shuffling, which makes it frustrating to use). I'd be interested to know more about that.

As for reversals, I don't like them either usually, but I do like thinking about multiple sides of a card's meaning, so I use "reversal" meanings more in that way.

:)

I've been thinking about doing that, too, rather than reversals. Or perhaps using the reversed meaning when the card is in an "uh oh" position. ;)

So you haven't had any problem with ST warping? I guess I'm a bit put off by all the talk of the Llewellyn warping like a b***h. I know what you mean about World spirit - but I had the original, compact version, not the recent publication of the deck. I wonder if the cardstock has changed in the meantime?

Back on subject: ST or SW, if you can get beyond the crudeness of the artwork, you'll unearth a goldmine... Particularly if you're of a Goddess-ey, Eco-pagan, or Shamanic bent. IMO, of course.

There's a webpage somewhere that lists decks that are in a shamanic style, and I was surprised to see that I had several of those decks on my "favs" list. Guess I need to read the Teaching Tent thread, eh?

fferyllt

sravana said:
So you haven't had any problem with ST warping? I guess I'm a bit put off by all the talk of the Llewellyn warping like a b***h. I know what you mean about World spirit - but I had the original, compact version, not the recent publication of the deck. I wonder if the cardstock has changed in the meantime?

I haven't had the ST warp. I have 4 Llewellyn decks that seem to have the same cardstock: Gilded, Revelations, Quest and ST. They are all the same size and feel the same to me. And I've never heard of this problem with the Gilded, with all the people who use that one, though perhaps there have been problems. Maybe the Llewellyn deck has different card stock from these others?

sravana said:
Back on subject: ST or SW, if you can get beyond the crudeness of the artwork, you'll unearth a goldmine... Particularly if you're of a Goddess-ey, Eco-pagan, or Shamanic bent. IMO, of course.

There's a webpage somewhere that lists decks that are in a shamanic style, and I was surprised to see that I had several of those decks on my "favs" list. Guess I need to read the Teaching Tent thread, eh?

I agree totally, a goldmine! Hmm, sound like I should visit that thread too. :)

fferyllt

thorhammer said:
And may I add my own thanks, first to Sphinxmoth and thence to everyone else - I was just about to start a new thread on exactly this topic, and this has saved me the anguish of doing that (I hate starting new threads *bites nails*). Very informative and helpful, as usual. I'll get the ST one day soon, to augment the SW that was my first and still beloved deck although it's far, far away from me :(

\m/ Kat

Oh, I'm sorry to hear your SW is not with you. :( I think you will be happy with the ST when you get it, and hopefully that will be soon. :)