Sibilla Oracle Cards

stella01904

MM ~ Thank you! Everything seems to fit perfectly. The La Vera Sibilla has the main card titles on the bottom of the card, then keywords in smaller print for when the cards are reversed, or otherwise badly aspected. "Untuoso" is one of these smaller-printed words, on the Domestico card. The other small keywords are "Nemico Bruno". Normally the card is harnmless, the guy is just working for you somehow. But in the bad aspect, he becomes an enemy, and "a greased thing" seems to fit, because he would be "slick" or "oily" about it. He is not like a person in a powerful position who would be more up-front and "in-your-face". "Sventatezza" is on the Leggerezza card. The picture shows a butterfly. In a positive sense it is a card of lightness and beauty, in a more negative grouping it could easily be a "flung and hasty person"! Flightly, flaky...Thank you again, so much, this helps a lot! Hope to return the favor sometime, somehow! BB, Stella

sognodinverno

Ok Stella,

"Domestico" is for a servant so can means a person that work for you, do someting for you, that bring someting to you, or, if reversed or near a bad cards, a dirty thing, no clear transaction, an uneasiness, a little problem.
"Nemico bruno" is for an enemy, maybe whit brown or dark hair.
"Leggerezza" is a light thing, as the butterflay, something that sometime you can't take. I belive that we undestand the same things. ;-))

When you need help..... ask for it.

Sognodinverno

stella01904

sognodinverno said:
I belive that we undestand the same things. ;-))
MM ~ Good! Glad to be on track. And thanks for your generous offer, I will definitely be asking you some questions if I decide to translate the instruction book! But for now I am happy. And much enjoying the deck! BB, Stella

felicityk

WolfyJames said:
Il Vostro Destino is not a regular sibilla.
I asked about this a few pages back, but no one answered. What makes Il Vostro Destino different from a "regular" sibilla, and what is a good example of a "regular" sibilla? Please help me understand!

Felicity

WolfyJames

felicityk said:
I asked about this a few pages back, but no one answered. What makes Il Vostro Destino different from a "regular" sibilla, and what is a good example of a "regular" sibilla? Please help me understand!

I'm so sorry about forgetting you. :(

Sibilla Della Zingara is a very old sibilla, more than a century old, probably one of the oldest, along with Sibilla Originale, establishing italian sibillas. Most sibillas have the same cards at the same places as the Sibilla Della Zingara and Sibilla Originale. Both Magica Sibilla and I Misteri della Sibilla do follow this tradition (except for two switched cards for these two decks). Many other sibillas do so as well, like La Vera Sibilla and Sibilla 800. Sibillas have also two extra cards as the male and female querents. All the cards are the same except that the art is different from a deck to another. It's just like tarot, once you know the basic, you can use any deck (or almost). You can see all the cards of the Sibilla Della Zingara HERE and see by yourself. There is even an italian website HERE explaining the sibillas, in the Sibilla Della Zingara's and Sibilla Originale's order. Il Vostro Destino is not a regular sibilla. There is no extra cards, plus the cards don't follow Sibilla Della Zingara's and Sibilla Originale's order. While some cards share some similarities, some cards are not in the regular sibillas.

We've started a study group on sibillas on [link removed by moderator] and we compared our decks and all. It's not because Il Vostro Destino is not a regular sibilla, it means people shouldn't use it, not at all. It's just that when we study our cards and share our knowledge, the Il Vostro Destino can't really be studied regularly like my other decks, so that requires from me more work to understand it.

felicityk

WolfyJames said:
Sibilla Della Zingara is a very old sibilla, more than a century old, probably one of the oldest, along with Sibilla Originale, establishing italian sibillas. Most sibillas have the same cards at the same places as the Sibilla Della Zingara and Sibilla Originale. Both Magica Sibilla and I Misteri della Sibilla do follow this tradition (except for two switched cards for these two decks). Many other sibillas do so as well, like La Vera Sibilla and Sibilla 800. Sibillas have also two extra cards as the male and female querents. All the cards are the same except that the art is different from a deck to another. It's just like tarot, once you know the basic, you can use any deck (or almost). You can see all the cards of the Sibilla Della Zingara HERE and see by yourself. There is even an italian website HERE explaining the sibillas, in the Sibilla Della Zingara's and Sibilla Originale's order. Il Vostro Destino is not a regular sibilla. There is no extra cards, plus the cards don't follow Sibilla Della Zingara's and Sibilla Originale's order. While some cards share some similarities, some cards are not in the regular sibillas.
Thank you, WolfyJames, that is very helpful information. :)

Felicity

sarah1

La Vera Sibilla

Hi,
this is my first post.
Who is interested in La Vera Sibilla? I love those cards and I'm Italian, so I can help you with the translation of meanings.

stella01904

MM ~ The La Vera Sibilla and the Sibilla Della Zingara are my two favorite decks, bar none! I've managed to translate the keywords on the cards (in some cases badly, I'm afraid - I used a computer translating program!) and another member here, Sognodinverno, has helped me with other keywords here in this same thread. (Thanks again!) I have been using the Sibilla Della Zingara for about a year now and only got the La Vera a month or so back. Any and all tidbits of information would be helpful, since I haven't even begun to try to translate the Little White Book. I have been teaching myself and letting the cards speak on their own. And they DO speak, always, that's why I love these decks so much. I've never once sat there and drawn a blank. I don't want to just be self-styled in my methods, though, I'd like to know more traditional methods. And history, if you know any of that! I noticed there are books about La Vera in Italian, I think one of them is by a Madam Sheyla, do you have that? Well, now I've gone and talked for too long - hoping to hear form you soon! Benedizione, Stella

sarah1

La vera sibilla

Stella, I wouldn't suggest you to translate the little white book. I don't like it.
I've other sources of information.
I'll try to translate and post the meanings of every single card.
But I need time to do it.
Maybe I'll begin tomorrow.

stella01904

MM ~ I'm no big fan of LWB's, either! Any good information is ALWAYS appreciated - especially with this deck! There's nothing in english, but the Italian Sibilla decks have become favorites with the few people I know who have gotten them. It's just a wonderful system. There's no rush, take your time. And thanks! BB, Stella