Sorry - we have had to remove all large images of the Baroque Bohemian Cats' deck

baba-prague

I wish I could say more in order to warn people here. I think I'll say a bit more in the subscriber's section, though I can't even say too much there.

edited to say - sorry, I don't think I can even say this much in public so I've deleted what I just posted. I'm really afraid to give this person ANY information about how much we know.

firemaiden

I pulled a card for you Baba- Ace of Wands -- I say go straight for the big stick... the sledgehammer.

baba-prague

Firemaiden I think that's really good advice :)

Mimers

Good luck Karen. You know we will all stand behind you in any way you need.

Let me know if you need anything!

Mimi

baba-prague

Thank-you. You know I really, really do appreciate it.

I keep typing down the whole story then erasing it! But even doing that makes me feel better :)

Mimers

You know, no one will get away with this, because too many of us in the Tarot world know it is your work. If it ever came up anywhere under any other name, you know I would have the authorities called in a heartbeat. Once I showed the copyrite belonged to you and Alex the store would not be allowed to sell their copies and would have to tell where they purchased them. Eventually it would come back to the theif.

You have too many people on your side. Fear not. Don't worry about what the story is. It doesn't matter. What matters it this person won't get far at all. Especially if he/she tries to sell it as their own work. Silly person doesn't know how many people all around the world adore you and Alex.

((((((Big hug)))))) for you Karen. Take it easy and don't worry. It will all turn out ok.

Mimi

skytwig

Astraea said:

It worries me when I see any images of unpublished decks on the Internet, whether small/cropped or whole -- it's not only the image that can be stolen, but the idea (known in legal circles as "intellectual property"). Some of these wonderful artists might someday be confronted with a scenario in which they see their own designs staring back at them from a bookstore shelf. And the costs involved in proving and fighting copyright violations are enormous.
Which is why I suggested in another thread, that we move Tarot Deck Creation to the Subscriber section.... it is like a Nursery of baby decks and we now have it flung so far out in public that anyone can 'shop' their for stealing.....

I really think we need to stop being so generous with our trust and accept that we are brilliant people with great ideas from whom others want to steal!!! Of all the forums on this site, this one seems to be most vulnerable and maybe even most valuable.....

Scorpion

Sorry to hear this story Karen - unfortunately there are far too many unscrupulous people out there. Glad you found out in time. We're all rooting for you, of course, and I'm sure everyone would be doing what they could if they spotted a rip-off deck in their part of the world - but hopefully it won't come to that.

I followed Firemaiden's example and was about to draw a card for you but three flipped over together - which doesn't happen often. They were: The Magician, 5 Swords and 6 Wands, which I decided to take as past, present and future. I see the Magician as you and Alex - specifically speaking of your talents and mastery of your work. It is a very "open" figure in this deck - but of course very powerful and in control - something you're hopefully taking back. The keyword for the 5 Swords is "defeat" and it's a very stormy looking card, with the Swords all plunged into the ground as if to viciously stab someone in the heart: I'm sure it reflects what you're feeling at the moment. By contrast, the 6 Wands is full of light and promise, with the Wands moving upwards. I always see a protective figure in this card - whether it's your "adviser" or a spirit guide (or both) I don't know, but I do think you're well looked after. I also get the feeling that one way to "victory" is to shed as much light on this as you can - not necessarily by telling anybody how it was done (I fully understand your caution there) but using the information for your own purposes to ensure it can't happen again.

One last thought - I'm sure if you ever find out precisely who did this you'll find - as in Skytwig's case - their artwork and imagination are seriously inferior to your own (OK, maybe they have a way with computers - but that's not really in the same league): after all, if they could produce something as compelling they'd be out there doing it, not pinching someone else's ideas!

lunakasha

Karen,

I am sooooo sorry to hear about this.....I just cannot believe that people will stoop so low, and after all of your hard work...it just makes me sick. I hope you know how much everyone here at AT is pulling for you, and how much we have appreciated being able to see each of the cards you have shared with us...it's too bad someone stole your peace of mind when they stole your work.

I am just thankful for the time we had with you, throughout the process of creating this amazingly beautiful deck...you not only shared pics with us, you shared so much of what you and Alex have gone through, the good and the bad...a labor of love indeed! I look forward to having my own copy of these cards in my hands...until then, I hope we will continue to hear from you at AT, without pics.....you have so much love and support here.

Best wishes to you in overcoming these legal and ethical hurdles...you will prevail!!!

:) Hugs, Luna

Diana

skytwig said:
Which is why I suggested in another thread, that we move Tarot Deck Creation to the Subscriber section.... it is like a Nursery of baby decks and we now have it flung so far out in public that anyone can 'shop' their for stealing.....

I really think we need to stop being so generous with our trust and accept that we are brilliant people with great ideas from whom others want to steal!!! Of all the forums on this site, this one seems to be most vulnerable and maybe even most valuable.....

skytwig: I personally agree with you. I'll e-mail Solandia and give her a link to this thread (she is too busy to read all the threads) so that she is aware of your suggestion.

baba-prague: All will be well. I am pretty certain of this. The law will be on your side. You'll need a lot of confidence though and this will be a distressing time. But you'll come through it okay.