Soul Cards - group reading project

contrascarpe

Hi all -

I am bringing this idea over from another thread started by joya250 (and her readings with these cards).

I just picked up these cards and they are the first decks I own which rely on complete intuition.

Here is the idea I had for anyone interested:

We get one person to present us with a question - this person does not need to participate in the project (in other words, do not need to own the cards). One person with the cards develops a spread to use, while another actually draws the cards. The resulting layout is posted here - either by supplying a picture of the cards drawn, or a numerical equivalent of the card as listed on the Touch Drawing website (url listings to be supplied when we start up).

Everybody participating would then write out their interpretation but would do so only with the idea that they will not read the other responses at all until they are done. Since the cards will either be shown as an attachment or can be viewed on the website, perhaps non-owners of the cards will also be able to participate (and maybe even convince them to add these beauties to their collection, hehe).

So, for now, does this type of project interest anyone? If so, post in this thread and advise whether you own SoulCards I, II, both, or none.

I think it will be interesting to see the different perceptions of the same cards plus allow the intuitive-challenged people such as myself an exercise to the brain matter. Initial spreads would probably be small, around 3-5 cards for now.

Let me know!

Dan

joya250

Coolio. Sign me up! I have Soul Card 2.

This will be fun!

:) joya

Ruby Red Slippers

I don't have this deck, but would love to participate if you are going to post the images of the cards!
Practice is good....

RRS

contrascarpe

Ruby Red -

Following is the link for the SoulCards:

http://www.touchdrawing.com/3SoulCards/SCmain.html

Note that there are two sets, I and II, which can be used independently or in conjunction with each other. For the first "round" of this project, we will probably go with II only as joya has this deck as well as SongDeva (who I anticipate joining us, hint hint - and since Deva can't find the first set she has in ALL those decks she has bought, hehe).

I must admit, I was drawn to these cards the moment I saw them on the official site. But once I held the sample decks in my hands, I was hooked. I have not done any readings with them, but they "feel" special. Can't wait to see what kind of response we get here and get the first reading started.

joya - once we figure out the question, would you do us the honor of figuring out the spread? You seem to get this right every time.

Dan

joya250

contrascarpe96 said:

joya - once we figure out the question, would you do us the honor of figuring out the spread? You seem to get this right every time.

aw, thanks! I'd love to.

purple_scorp

I'll play too. I don't have either set but I have a question.

"What is it that I need to let go of, in order to move on?"

What do you think?

purple_scorp

lark

I just got Soul Cards 2 in a trade and I would like to try and do a reading with them.

contrascarpe

Ok, I think we can roll with this little project and see what happens. I should have time no later than Wednesday night to get the first post up. We will go with purple_scorp's question and joya has graciously accepted to work up a spread (joya - if you don't have time to do it by Wednesday, don't fret).

Once we have that done, I will draw the cards from Soul Cards II and start a new thread in Reading Exchanges. In that thread, I will repeat the question, confirm the spread and also include a picture of the cards in the spread (if my digital camera cooperates). I will also PM everybody who posts in this thread so that they know the new thread is up.

Remember, anyone is welcome to participate. The purpose of this exercise is twofold - to give those of us with Soul Cards some practical experience, and to see the various styles of readings. Also, try not to read someone else's readings before doing yours (everyone here is psychic, so we will all know who is cheating, hehe). Those of you without the cards may have a more difficult time as there is some definite energy in holding these babies, but your insight is also very welcome.

I think this will be fun!

Dan

zorya

contrascarpe96 said:
Once we have that done, I will draw the cards from Soul Cards II and start a new thread in Reading Exchanges.
you'll need to post the new thread here, in oracle decks, as the reading exchange is for tarot only. make sure you post 'soul cards' in the title.

i'll be sitting this out, as i only have soul cards I, but i look forward to reading everyone's interpretations. :)

joya250

contrascarpe96 said:
[Bjoya - if you don't have time to do it by Wednesday, don't fret).
[/B]

Up by Wednesday should be no problem... though don't expect it a moment before!

princess of procrastination,
joya