Spells to sever ties

Miss Woo

Is there a severing ties or defining boundaries type of spell that you can use to keep people out of your life? I have a couple of family members who have been sucking my energy dry over the years and I think it would feel liberating to end these relationships with a spell.

PathWalker

May I suggest you think about about simply turning their energy back (for a trial period perhaps), rather than the severing you mention? Severing is actually a huge thing, and at a later date you may find it was more than you wanted.

Just a comment, not judgemental, spoken from experience.

Pathwalker

Miss Woo

May I suggest you think about about simply turning their energy back (for a trial period perhaps), rather than the severing you mention? Severing is actually a huge thing, and at a later date you may find it was more than you wanted.

Just a comment, not judgemental, spoken from experience.

Pathwalker

Thanks, I didn't know you could do that (turn back people's energy). And I didn't think you sounded judgemental :)

Milfoil

Mirrors are good for this kind of protection/reflecting. From ancient shamanic ritual clothing to contemporary witchcraft. Mirrors are often sewn into clothing, not only to reflect the light and look pretty but as a protective amulet.

It doesn't have to be a glass mirror, any shiny, reflective surface can be used. Gold, silver, brass, bronze, copper and steel have all been used. How you bring the mirror alive to act in the way you want (ie you don't want to reflect everything - that would get a bit lonely), is your 'craft'.

Hope this helps.

:)

PrincessPaulina

Im in a very similar situation, relating to someone who has been a friend of the family for 20 years.
I've never before even contemplated doing a 'working' that would tamper with another person's free will.
BUT I was finally forced to recognize that having this person around poses a significant risk for my family, due to the individual's utter loss of control, recklessness, and zero accountability -- of course all related to utter denial of a substance abuse dependency.

The reason that I'm even discussing the back story, is because dealing with someone who is "sick", but refuses to change or help themselves, really forced me to reexamine my personal sense of Morality, Values, etc.

Having always before been a total "pacifist" about using the force of my intention against someone else's will, I eventually came to the conclusion that there are situations when an individual is morally justified in imposing their "will", or using it against another, if that other poses a threat/is a long-term challenge/turns into a plague (pestilence, leech, parasite, utter burden, etc.)

So I started looking around for this type of spell, and came to a few other realizations:

- A spell of this magnitude will require quite a bit of contemplation, concentration, preparation, time (basically, energy!) on my part.
- It is more meaningful for me, personally, to craft my own spell (rather than finding and repeating someone else's); since generally the more meaning a ritual holds for me, the stronger its effect
- I do, however, plan on incorporating certain symbolic elements from other people's spells (such as the use of Black candles, sending the person's name "away" in a helium balloon, burying their name in nature, etc.)
- I am very mindful of the Moon Phase / Astrological "climate" for carrying out such a ritual (For example, a Full or waning Moon, especially in Scorpio, would be an appropriate time).
- Due to my innate sense of tolerance, and ingrained value of "free will", I am strongly leaning towards including a "for the Highest Good" clause in the ritual, as a requirement that must be met, before the Spell can work. Something along the lines of stating an intention, that 'if my desire to banish Person X is NOT for the highest good, may the energy from this Working be "donated" instead to wherever in the Universe it is most needed."
- Similar clause, that if Person X ever regains control of their life & Substance Abuse, the Spell will be broken, and the banishing no longer in effect.

Sorry for the long post, but I've given the banishing issue much soul-searching and thought.
If anything, exploring my views and boundaries, in such a grey-area of morality, taught me some lessons about myself, and my role in family/community/the World.

Padma

Sometimes the highest good is your own personal safety. I only ever did a banishing spell once - it involved invoking a brick wall, and burning some spices along with a slip of paper with the person to be banned. It worked, and I remained alive and safe. And therefore, so did he. ;)

Boundaries are good! Strong fences make good neighbors.

I think I shall try Milfoil's mirror idea to keep some bad energy exuded by neighbors at bay...

magpie9

A very simple way to stop someone from harming you & yours is to write their name on a piece of paper put it in a baggie with water and keep it in the freezer. Stops them cold in their tracks. :thumbsup:

Padma

OMG, I am so trying that! Thanks, Magpie!

Miss Woo

Thank you very much everyone for your suggestions! :)

Mirrors are good for this kind of protection/reflecting. From ancient shamanic ritual clothing to contemporary witchcraft. Mirrors are often sewn into clothing, not only to reflect the light and look pretty but as a protective amulet.

It doesn't have to be a glass mirror, any shiny, reflective surface can be used. Gold, silver, brass, bronze, copper and steel have all been used. How you bring the mirror alive to act in the way you want (ie you don't want to reflect everything - that would get a bit lonely), is your 'craft'.

Hope this helps.

:)

A very simple way to stop someone from harming you & yours is to write their name on a piece of paper put it in a baggie with water and keep it in the freezer. Stops them cold in their tracks. :thumbsup:

These are great ideas, thanks! :)

I think I will do a bit of research online and see what I can find out about reflecting energy and banishing people from your life.

PathWalker

These are all great ideas, and the encouragement to deep personal choices and thought in the decision process is crucial and well mentioned.
Much more articulate than I felt - great to have knowledgeable mates isn't it?

Wishing you the very best
PW